Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 March 2007
I first heard Bright Eyes a few years ago, and I rushed out to get the 'I'm wide awake, it's morning' CD. Yet it's only recently that I discovered this little gem, and I'm so glad I did.

Conor Oberst has an amazing talent for expressing emotions with his awe-inspiring lyrics and raw, passoionate voice. This album is a great collection that fully shows this young man's abilities. My favourite track has to be 'motion sickness', as it's a very sweet song and the guitars on it are amazing, but I also like 'I've been eating for you' and 'Happy birthday to me (February 15th)'. This album hasn't left my CD player since I got it, and I would urge anyone who is a fan of bright eyes, ben gibbard or willy mason to get this album...it really is beautiful beyond words.
on 26 October 2006
I have bought both the vinyl and CD version of this album.

It is without a doubt an amazing album, although the songs were not purposely written for this album, I have downloaded or heard the songs and wanted them on a cd and never dreamt they'd be released on one, not to mention onto vinyl!

All of the songs are unique and there are a few amazing collaborations with The Album Leaf, another amazing band, as well as a couple of cover songs.

This will nicely round off your bright eyes collection until the next album release and i advise all bright eyes fans to buy it!