5.0 out of 5 stars A soul legend

Published 15 days ago by Carole Convery

5.0 out of 5 stars A soul legend, 18 Mar 2007
Mr. P. Datta "Pritthijit" (Stockton on Tees, Teesside) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Luther Vandross (Audio CD)
Luther Vandross is a soul king in my view, with a wonderful voice and unique talent. The Ulitmate Luther Vandross is a tribute to this legend. The album comprises two discs, featuring a collection of his hits. These include ballads such as Give me a reason, Never too much, Searching, Endless love and many more. I really like this album very much and listening to the tracks makes you feel good. Recommended for anyone who loves soul music at its sheer music. Wonderful and tuneful tracks from this soul legend.

5.0 out of 5 stars `PURE CLASS', 7 Nov 2007
This review is from: The Ultimate Luther Vandross (Audio CD)
FAN FLIPPING TASTIC....................ANYONE WHO REMEMBERS THE 70'S & 80'S, BOPPING AT THE DISCO ON A FRIDAY AND SATURDAY, CASTERS SOUL WEEKENDS AND GREG EDWARDS AT THE LYCEUM IN THE STRAND, KNOWS THAT LUTHER VANDROSS NEEDS NO EXPLANATION....NUFF SAID

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 5 Nov 2006
This review is from: The Ultimate Luther Vandross (Audio CD)
I have been a Luther Vandross fan for many years, his songs are foot tappingly brilliant. I bought this album and played it in the kitchen, my wife shouted down from upstairs to turn the music up! Now that doesn't happen in our house very often. I still think 'Searching' is one of the greatest songs ever recorded. RIP Luther.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic!, 13 Mar 2007
Jennifer Archer (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Luther Vandross (Audio CD)
I'd only listened to the popular songs on the radio before I bought this album. And what an album it is! Brilliant. Dance With My Father - never listened to before and I was choked with emotion. All the songs are fantastic and I rate it as one of my all time favourite albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars ultimate luther, 13 Oct 2010
timus41 (Basingstoke) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Luther Vandross (Audio CD)
Brilliant album , great songs by a great singer . Great in the car or with your sunday paper

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Collection, 6 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Ultimate Luther Vandross (Audio CD)
A few years ago we lost this brilliant singer well before his time. Thank goodness we still have his music to listen on CD. This collection is a must buy for any serious fan of Luther Vandross, with his unique voice I love to chill out late at night and it makes the perfect end to my day. Buy this Greatest hit CD as its just great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Lover Man, 20 Mar 2007
This review is from: The Ultimate Luther Vandross (Audio CD)
I love Luther - he is the Number One sexy soul singer.

I saw him in concert at Wembley and my ex-husband took me backstage to meet him.

This BRILLIANT album brought back so many happy memories.

4.0 out of 5 stars good album, 23 Nov 2013
Enjoyed this, a good variety of songs some of which I hadn't heard for a while. I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The milk of human kindness, 5 Jan 2007
N. DAVIES (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Luther Vandross (Audio CD)
I have never listened to "Dance with my Father" without crying which says a lot for the power of the songwriting and emotive singing talents of Luther Vandross. How he recorded that song with such dignity and feeling without cracking up was an achievment in itself. A great, great album that puts life into perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Met Luther At Wembley, 27 Dec 2007
This review is from: The Ultimate Luther Vandross (Audio CD)
I met Luther - the greatest soul singer of all-time back stage at one of his concerts.
It was a great night - a special moment - as I had been a fan since discovering him as a backing singer for DAVID BOWIE...It was a special night and memorable moment because I was with my ex-wife and the love of my life - who was his Number One fan.
Luther reminds me of 1990 and my wedding video - as he was part of the soundtrack...and this album includes all of his greatest songs.
Mr Vandross will always remind me of sweet soul music - Southern Comfort and `nights in` at Number 11.
A great tribute to a top bloke.

The Ultimate Luther Vandross
The Ultimate Luther Vandross by Luther Vandross (Audio CD - 2006)