5.0 out of 5 stars 45 years and worth the wait!
I've had this nightmare picture of a stranded giant fish struggling for breath which has plagued me for so many years. Saw a mention of this by chance in a newspaper article, and ordered it the same day! There are websites dedicated to this film, all from kids traumatised by it in the 1960's. I was one of them, but had pushed the memory into my sub-conscious, at least...
Published on 14 Jan 2009 by Robin Catbush

3.0 out of 5 stars cult
Now live in Australia and I have introduced this film to many kids over here who are totally in love with this and watch it over and over.Think we are all in our late forties early fifties who remember this and for some reason it has a hold on everyone who saw it.In london about five years ago there was a radio programme about it saying there is now a cult following,check...
Published on 21 Jun 2008 by Michael Cattee

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Singing Ringing Tree [1957] [DVD] (DVD)
Even though I had seen it on TV as a kid, and a few years ago in cinema, it is still charming and engrossing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Singing Ringing Tree, 7 Jan 2013
Ms. C. A. Oladipo "callyO" (Sheffield) - See all my reviews
I had never heard of this until the local cinema club showed it at Christmas. It's wonderful! My little 4 yr old grandson was totally absorbed by it, and the very unconvincing early special effects and very funny 'bear' didn't break the spell for him---his only comment at one stage was 'that's not a real fish'. And he's a StarWars, Walking with Dinosaurs and Transformers fan usually. It was lovely to see him being so immersed in something with no guns, explosions, bloodshed, killings and general screen warfare. The rather scarily -dressed and rather sinister dwarf-ruler of the magic kingdom didn't phase him atall. When my 38 yr old son watched The Tinderbox with my 9yr old grandson he enjoyed it so much that I've had to lend it to him. I hope he returns it! I may have to buy another copy. This is such an enjoyable DVD and I do urge everyone to buy it, especially if you have a sense of humour and a love of traditional folk tales. It really is lovely!

5.0 out of 5 stars YES! Hokey 60s fairy tale MAGIC, 24 Dec 2012
They showed this back in the 60s in five or ten minute installments at the end of childrens' TV, in rotation with a European Robinson Crusoe and Black Beauty, but this was the cream of the crop. Ridiculous scenery, but absolutely inspired and brilliant. Great DVD, and even my children love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Singing Tree CD, 5 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Singing Ringing Tree [1957] [DVD] (DVD)
Received this cd which I remember well from my childhood, it brought back memories and I never thought I would see it again, yet to show it to my grandchildren obviously old fashioned but Im sure they will love it to.

Received as promised and packaged well

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Amazing, 2 Dec 2012
As a little girl i used to love Tales from Europe... ( In black and white ) I was so happy to be able to buy this on dvd i just could not wait for it to come through the post. Its brilliant... and for me was very emotional watching it agin...especially The Singing Ringing Tree. Dont hesitate....just buy it.. You,ll love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, 24 Jun 2010
We were so pleased to find this it took us back to our childhood, good memories

3.0 out of 5 stars Singing Ringing tree, 13 Feb 2009
This review is from: The Singing Ringing Tree [1957] [DVD] (DVD)
What a fabulous film. I had lived this long without seeing it, but heard about it from all artound me. Years before CGI in fantasy films, it achieves magic in shedloads. A delight for young and old.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loved it, It brought back childhood memories, 26 July 2014
I Loved it, It brought back childhood memories.It was strange to see it in vibrant colour as on television in the 1960's it was in black and white. (so the colour made it even better). Wonderful-it made it like seeing it for the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars childhood tv heaven, 8 Oct 2009
A. Harris "have you" (berkshire, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Singing Ringing Tree [1957] [DVD] (DVD)
i have been looking for this dvd for years it brought so many fantastic memories i love this film

5.0 out of 5 stars top class film from the past, 8 Dec 2014
This review is from: The Singing Ringing Tree [1957] [DVD] (DVD)
This was a weekly treat as a kid with 15 minutes of the film at a time a wonderfull tale with home made scenery you love . not many special effect here but still good

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 | Next ›

The Singing Ringing Tree [1957] [DVD]
The Singing Ringing Tree [1957] [DVD] by Francesco Stefani (DVD - 2007)