Format: DVD|Change

on 8 October 2009
i have been looking for this dvd for years it brought so many fantastic memories i love this film
on 25 January 2015
I got this from my son for my birthday, he is distinctly unimpressed, I however am delighted! It was odd it being in colour, but the baddie is as scary as I remember and I am filled with happiness at reliving my childhood.
on 21 December 2013
One of my favourite childhood tv programmes, I have the DVD version which is great, but I expected a whole new experience for me and my grandchild watching it in blu ray..........don't bother, apart from offering it in 16:9 format by chopping the top and bottom off of the 4:3 format, the picture quality (viewing both DVD and blu ray) is no different!!!
on 13 July 2014
it was in very good condion very bright and vived I rember the story line cos I watched the series that the bbc did of it and would love to find that as well on dvd or blueray yes realy enjoyed it thank you jane webster
on 15 September 2009
My partner and I were discussing things that you remember from childhood. This item stuck in my memory. I returned home one day to discover that he had tracked it down using AMAZON. It is just as I remember it.
on 27 September 2010
This is what they made us watch as kids. No wonder we're all bloody mad.
on 1 October 2013
this dvd is magical colourfull and I could watch it time over again it was so magical for its time lovely story and 77mins long a truly lovely storey would recommend
on 2 December 2012
As a little girl i used to love Tales from Europe... ( In black and white ) I was so happy to be able to buy this on dvd i just could not wait for it to come through the post. Its brilliant... and for me was very emotional watching it agin...especially The Singing Ringing Tree. Dont hesitate....just buy it.. You,ll love it.
on 21 October 2015
Very pleased with the purchase and speed in receiving the DVD, a hard to find Gem in the film world.
on 21 March 2014
I recently bought this for my 5 year old Grandaughter. A friend had warned me that she would soon be bored watching such a dated film with "special effects" that by today's standards, are at best amaetur. Turns out my friend was sooo wrong. My grandaughter absolutely loves it. She says it's the best movie she has ever seen. The colours are mesmerising and the English narration over a German soundtrack, just seems to add charm to this film. Even the music soundtrack, which warps, adds a spooky feeling to the film. The more faults on this film, the better it becomes.

Apparently, this has now become a cult classic. I love the line where the Prince glady accepts the singing ringing tree from the evil dwarf, knowing that if the Princess doesn't fall in love with him by that midnight, he will turn into a bear.... when it took him 4 days non stop, just to get there. Pure Magic.