5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but seems well-designed and well-made
I am very pleased with the KitchenAid Artisan 5KCG100 Coffee Grinder which I got after my disaster with the Dualit burr grinder (see my review of that).

On the box it states in large letters that the burr grinders are made of stainless steel. You can unscrew the grind control dial and look at the burr grinders and they also provide a brush for cleaning them...
Published on 30 Jan 2009 by Dr. F. Nancy Burge

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth taking some trouble with
I've had my Artisan grinder since 2006 and have used it all that time to feed a Gaggia Classic espresso machine. This means I'm surprised to read some of the comments here from users who've found it unsuitable for espresso; it may not be perfect but I've found it much better than adequate.

First of all, it's a very pleasing device to have on a counter top, and...
Published on 29 Nov 2011 by will_de_beest

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but not fit for purpose, 6 Nov 2011
M. A. Lely "Michiel" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: KitchenAid Artisan Burr Coffee Grinder Red (Kitchen & Home)
I wanted a good coffee grinder for our espresso machine, my wife wanted a grinder that went well with the kitchen ... and that is why we purchased this KitchenAid Artisan coffee grinder.

And it is a beeautiful grinder. Love the fact is it made of metal, with a big knob to set the coarseness of the grind. It all feel very durable and well-build, with one exception and that is the container for the ground coffee. It is made of glass and feel quite fragile.

If it was just for that it would get 5 stars, but I have given it 1 star because KitchenAid claims the grind is fine enough for espresso coffee (and that is why I purchased it).

When I first unpacked it, the grind was very coardse (in its finest setting) more like filter coffee. It also showed in the results, an espresso without any crema resembling more black tea than anything else.

Then I opened the grinder (as per the instructions) to manually adjust the settings so that the grind was at its finest ... the results were visibly better, but still let than store-bought ground espresso coffee or the results using Italian grinders in the same price-category like Gaggia, Quickmill or Raciano.

Unfortunately I cannot use this grinder. So if you are using it for anything else than espresso, by all means this is a beautiful well-made grinder ... but if you are an espresso drinker find something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but not fit for purpose, 6 Nov 2011
M. A. Lely "Michiel" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›