5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box!
Published on 6 Dec. 2007 by Kev37Hill

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely poor
I had high hopes of this software but in fact it is riddled with bugs and some really stupid features that cannot be removed.

First thing I noticed was that system startup suddenly increased by a huge amount, so that now my PC takes 4 minutes to start whereas before installing this software it took about 2 mins.

Word documents converted well, Excel...
Published on 3 Jun. 2007 by Daniel Lambert

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely poor, 3 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Nuance PDF Converter 4 (Professional Edition) (PC) (CD-ROM)

Word documents converted well, Excel documents did not. It does not convert web pages that contain CSS, which is pretty much all web pages. The conversion results were horrific.

I began to hate this program so much that I uninstalled it and bought Adobe Flashpaper 2.0 instead. However, having uninstalled PDF Converter 4, my PC still takes ages to boot. I also asked for my money back from ScanSoft (now Nuance), but although they started the process about a month ago I have not heard anything.

BTW, the software has to be 'activated' over the net.

Tech support does not exist, the company is impossible to deal with, so I would avoid this product at all costs. It is RUBBISH!

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor, 22 July 2007
I bought this and have tried to use it but it is very hard to get activated. I was in a rush to use it and gave up - installed some free open source pdf convertor software which does what i want. I tried to install this but the activation code has to obtained over the net and didn't work. I emailed support but didn't hear anything from them for several days the info. i got over the net didn't seem to cover what i wanted them to and i can't be bothered. It is a time consuming and complicated registration process with long forms; questionnares etc. and I don't think that I will buy any of this firms other products if I have to go through this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box!, 6 Dec. 2007
I'm no techie, but I honestly don't know why these other reviewers had these problems as I've been using this software for 4 months and I'm really pleased with it. I wanted a solution that solved my need to create and most important for me, edit existing pdf's and this works fantastically! A small PDF toolbar opens within the application you're in and then you can easily convert the file into a pdf with one click or convert it back to a file format from a pdf (and I regularly convert excel files as well as word and I find the conversion accuracy excellent.) I find it really useful to be able to edit directly within the pdf without even having to convert it and the ability to electronically fill out forms received in pdf format is a brilliant time saver. Activation is required but only to verify the serial number which is quick and easy via the automatic method and registration is up to you! Thoroughly recommended and excellent value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars PDF Converter 4 did not work, 25 Jan. 2008
I had previously installed pdf covertor 2 on my computer two years ago and it worked well. However, pdf Converter 4 would not work on my desktop from installation and although Nuance technical help were quick to respond via e-mail, the final advice included uninstalling the software and deleting registry files. I am not happy to do this and have asked for a refund.

2.0 out of 5 stars buyer beware, 25 Jan. 2008
R. Reid - See all my reviews
Having bought this software for office use, I found that it would not install on my laptop. Many phone calls and emails later Nuance 'Tech Support' had the decency to tell me that it would not run in conjunction with a Citrix environment, and that they recommended that I ditch Citrix.
As Citrix was needed for remote server access, it was easier to ditch Nuance - however it does work well on a desktop that is not configured for remote access.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class Business Tool, 4 Oct. 2008
Having used Scansofts pdf Converter 3.0 Professional (Converts and Creates) for 3 years, I can re-iterate that for those of us running small businesses whereby we need to create bochures, convert and rebrand supplier brochures, this is the "perfect" way to do it. We send dozens if not hundreds of documents (quotes, price lists, brochures & operator manuals etc etc) each month and have absolutely no complaints about how this product goes about its job, quick, simple & effective.

Our only dismay was having to move away from v3.0 to v4.0 when we upgraded from xp to vista as v3.0 is not vista compatible, but version 4 is just as good, in fact much, much better. Ignore all of the negatives, for plain simple straight forward day to day business use this product is "exceptional".

Before upgrading to v4.0 we trialed a myriad of other products and Nuances pdf converter 4.0 pro stand head and shoulders above the rest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! I am amazed it actually works better that Acrobat!!, 10 Dec. 2007
I was looking for a PDF tool and naturally looked at Adobe Acrobat having used this in the past at my work. I found this to be very expensive and looked at the PDF software available for a lower price. Nuance PDF Converter Pro 4.0 came up in my search so for the cheaper price I felt it was worth a try. I was amazed at just how good this software is! it's very easy to use, very quick and I found file compression to be better than anything I had used before. In my opinion this is priced too cheap as I would pay double for software of this high quality and highly recommend it to all!!! thanks Nuance - nice one!!

1.0 out of 5 stars PDF not professional converter, 26 Oct. 2010
Having received the disc we found that the product is not as described. The disc we recived is not the Professional Edition which is what we require.

The picture shows that the product should be the proffesional but this is not the case, and the disc arrived in an envelope without the box.
Having sent an e-mail we have yet to receive a reply - very disapointed

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, if it works, 23 Mar. 2009
This product is fine if it does work, but in my experience it only works on 30% of PC's, others the program crashes when opening.
Tech support do not really care and are verging on rude, I'd buy something else

3.0 out of 5 stars NUANCE PDF CONVERTER, 27 Oct. 2009
Mr. Bill Baxter (NORFOLK) - See all my reviews
EXCELLENT SERVICE BY SELLER IS LET DOWN BY QUALITY OF NUANCE PRODUCT AND THEIR ACTIVATION PROCEDURE. OK FOR USE AS AN OCCASIONAL TOOL.Nuance PDF Converter 4 (Professional Edition) (PC)

Nuance PDF Converter 4 (Professional Edition) (PC)
Nuance PDF Converter 4 (Professional Edition) (PC) by Nuance Communications, Inc. (Windows 2000 / 98 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: £122.15