on 6 May 2011
Bought this watch to replace another timex, which finally gave up the ghost after 10 years of abuse. This watch is clear to read, not too big and the indiglo is invaluable, oh, and it keeps perfect time, which is helpful. The strap is extaordinarily long. I'm no waif but I had to have a couple of links removed, but I'm not whinging - better that than too small. All in all a very good, robust but good looking watch.
on 19 January 2012
Apart from sports watches the 3 criteria are incredibly hard to find in the same watch. I've had 2 Philippe Starck watches, with the same unreplaceable rubber strap, both of which split after about 18mths wear. This is one of VERY few available. The other comments about the band being over long are absolutely true - I had to have 5 links removed (cost £8 - you can easily find the instructions online how to do it yourself, but you really need the right tools). Also the fold-back expander is enormous so if you have petite wrists you need to make sure that the links are pretty much all removed from the 6 o'clock side, not the 12 or the face will work it's way away from you.

Only other negative is that the minute hand is very dainty (not much broader than the second hand), so that at first glance it is easy to take the second hand for the minute (or even the hour hand) and get completely the wrong time.

And I wish I'd thought a bit more about having a silver watch on the same hand as my wedding ring...

but apart from that... it's a keeper, until something better comes along. (I won't hold my breath though, I've been looking for time/date/light combos for years!)
on 1 July 2014
I am really pleased with this watch, it has a clear, elegant face, much classier than the cheap looking watches with fake diamonds stuck around them, even the date is clear, I had not been able to read the date on my old watch for years! I really love the Indiglo feature, this is great if you wake in the night and will prove invaluable when I am on holiday and dont have a clock by the bed. The only thing I have against this watch, which has caused me to lose it a star on the rating, is the size of the clasp, it is really huge. I have a small wrist and unfortunately had to remove an uneven number of links, the clasp is wider than the back of my wrist and because the links are now uneven, the clasp is so big it wont sit flat on the inside of my wrist causing the watch to sit at an angle. I really cant see why the clasp has to be so big.
on 4 June 2011
This is a good watch for the price, the only fault that I could find was, because I had to some of the links taken out as the band was too big the band now doesn't fit flat to the back of my wrist.
on 21 December 2010
I was bought this watch about 5 years ago and love it, so much so I bought another one (for myself), but so far have never needed to use it.

Excellent time keeper, date very helpful, clear readable dial and very comfortable to wear. I have had many timex watches over the years and never had a problem with any of them, best brand by far and affordable. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.
on 4 October 2013
I love this watch - it is classy and functional. The numbers are easy to read and having the date there is so helpful. The only downside is that Timex does not release parts to watch repair shops. Getting a battery replaced is fine, but when one of the mechanical parts in my watch needed replacing (after years of use), it could not be done. Nevertheless, I like it so much that I ended up ordering a the exact same model again.
on 15 June 2007
I bought one of these watches but after less than 20 months it failed. I replaced it with another Timex watch (different style) but that failed (same symptoms, stopping, starting, sticking then stopping for good) - again after only 13 months. I feel that the watches may have had a common fault but Timex customer service was not very helpful. I wouldn't buy a Timex watch again.
on 20 January 2013
I love Timex watches because of the indiglo feature. I do wake quite a bit in the night and I find it useful to be able to check the time easily without disturbing anyone. If I know it isn't time to get up I stand a better chance of going back to sleep! It also looks good and is very reliable.
on 6 December 2014
This is the second indiglo watch I have bought. The best feature about it for me is the back light. The watch looks good and now that I have had several links taken out, it is very comfortable. I would definitely recommend it.
on 20 October 2011
The night light works superbly giving a clear view of the screen at night and not so bright as to blind you! Watch has a nice quite action so very pleased with this product.

Also delivery was very fast.