4.0 out of 5 stars Databank watch
Published on 9 May 2011 by Dave

3.0 out of 5 stars Plastic clasps will fai
This is what it is, the clasp is made of plastic probably won't hold a week but the rest is alright, I didn't buy it for its looks more for nostalgia really, i bought it to wear for when I'm not working so far, so good hopefully the battery last and the straps will stay together, should do
Published 4 months ago by Kryptonian

4.0 out of 5 stars Databank watch, 9 May 2011
Dave (Beds, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio DBC-32-1AES Auto Illuminator Databank Watch (Watch)
I recently bought the black, resin version. I wondered about it's size and weight as i have slim wrists but the fit is fine and it's very light on the wrist. The case isn't too big and clunky, and i think the watch looks tasteful rather than geeky. I wanted a bigish screen as my eyesight worsens with age. The key pad is very small and it's stiff in use. Good for everyday wearing (no accidental button pressing during the day) but makes it a little difficult to actually use. I found the wealth of features are all useful. There's quite a lot of watch here for the money. I've had several watches and calulators from Casio over the years and been very happy with them all. I rate Casio goods as pretty good quality.

I found several suppliers claiming waterproofness (up to 100m) and a 2yr warranty for this watch. The manual said it's a 1yr warranty and it's not waterproof. I questioned this with Casio and was told it 'is' a 2yr warranty but it isn't waterproof to any degree.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Databank Watch, 2 Feb 2009
D. Evans "Small Wonder" (Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio DBC-32-1AES Auto Illuminator Databank Watch (Watch)
Handy little watch to store all your telephone and important numbers on. Very easy to follow instructions and it sits nicely on your wrist as it is not too big. Clear numbers and illumination for night viewing make it a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 22 July 2010
Mr. R. Cross - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio DBC-32-1AES Auto Illuminator Databank Watch (Watch)
A great accurate watch. All the info you would want in one glance. The light is good too - Good one this

4.0 out of 5 stars A modern retro, 31 Aug 2014
T. Hughes "Narf" (Cannock, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio DBC-32-1AES Auto Illuminator Databank Watch (Watch)
I love my old Casio databank watches. Call me old school, but I think they have a cool look that doesn't age but they're out of production so had to find something else and settled on this.
When it comes to the looks.... well you're going to love it or hate it. It has all the information for date and time on one screen. The display is large and clear, so even with a quick glance you can see what it is you're after. I have to write the date frequently, so the clarity is a big must for me.
The buttons can be stiff to operate, so you might have to press them a couple of times to get them to work. They also have ridge running across the middle that can be a bit uncomfortable if you have to press them too hard.
As for the features, you have calculator, alarms (5 of them), stopwatch, dual time (so you don't call granny in Australia at 3am) and a database that stores any alphanumeric information. Basically this is a phone directory, but they won't call it that anymore as people will claim all their numbers are stored in their mobile. However, phones can go missing, or run out of charge, so I find it's a handy backup to have should I ever need it. Notable by its absence is the countdown timer that used to be a standard feature. Personally, I miss it but other people might never notice.
Don't expect the alarm to wake you, its the same beeping noise you hear when pressing the buttons (which can be turned off) so quite quiet, certainly won't be heard in a busy place. Likewise, the light is adequate, but not outstanding.
There is a very odd feature whereby if the watch is turned past a certain angle, the light will come on for 3 seconds. I'm not sure I see the point of this a during normal wear, you risk setting it off accidentally which will ruin the battery life, which is given at 10 years, obviously this will be reduced the more you use the various features.

On the whole, I'm very happy with it and it gets attention the way the more 'retro' watches do.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 21 Mar 2014
I BUY IT FOR MYSELF.

I AM A LADY . AND IT IS A RIGHT SIZE FOR ME AS WELL.
LOOKS COOL. YEAH

4.0 out of 5 stars Old school cool, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Casio DBC-32-1AES Auto Illuminator Databank Watch (Watch)
Typical Casio quality and worth the price asked. Only downside is after a while (1 year apx)the rubber strap will start to break and you can only get a replacement from Casio or a shop that sells them

5.0 out of 5 stars watch, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Casio DBC-32-1AES Auto Illuminator Databank Watch (Watch)
My son is 8 years old. And he adores this watch. He wears it every day and loves the calculator. He Wears it to swimming lessons and its great. We have had it for 3 months and all is still great.

4.0 out of 5 stars good inexpensive watch, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Casio DBC-32-1AES Auto Illuminator Databank Watch (Watch)
tells the time, so its good. buttons for calculator are a bit small for my fingers but they work well

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this watch, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Casio DBC-32-1AES Auto Illuminator Databank Watch (Watch)
I bought my Databank watch a month ago, and I have to say I love it. Not only does it have "geek chic", it's also the most useful watch I have ever owned.
Unlike some other "calculator" watches I have seen, the buttons on this watch are well spaced and easy to use, even for someone with fat fingers like me.
I didn't think I would use it, but the Databank storage function also comes in very handy in this age of smartphones with dodgy batteries. I've put all of my main numbers in and used it several times to call my girlfriend when my phone ran out of juice.
The alarm is just loud enough to wake me up. I get up every morning at 0500, and more than once the Databank watch has saved the day when my Blackberry alarm let me down.
An added benefit is that I like to wear my watches quite loosely, and that means the face on most watches ends up sliding away from me around my wrist. Not the Databank, the face is long enough to sit comfortably on top at all times.
All in all, I would recommend this watch to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A watch is just a watch but this is more., 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Casio DBC-32-1AES Auto Illuminator Databank Watch (Watch)
Some people buy watches to tell the time, some buy them as a fashion accessory, some people, like myself, buy a watch that tells a story and the Casio Calculator watches definitely allow that.

As someone who owned the "standard" Casio Calculator watch, I felt the time had come to take it to next level of style, comfort and fashion all in one fantastic piece of technology.

It's a watch, sure, but it lights up so you can tell the time, even when it's dark.

It's a calculator, sure, but it also has the ability to store phone numbers, show the time in a different region and do all of this while being really cool in its retro style. Hipsters need not apply though, this is a true gentleman's watch and I feel hipsters would ruin the overall aesthetics and appeal of the time piece.