5.0 out of 5 stars charming not corny
As a mother of three year old twins, I am often subjected to all kinds of rubbish on TV/DVD that may placate my children but often numbs my brain to the point of no return. I often find myself wondering, 'Kids' programmes were SO much better in my day!'.

Published on 21 Feb 2007 by Lily Langtry

3.0 out of 5 stars missing lunchbox tin
Delighted to see charlie and lola dvds for sale on amazon great present for my 3year old grandaughter the set was delivered to me quickly but when i opened it was disappointed to see no tin lunchbox that was advertised to come with the dvd set. Would be great if the lunchbox tin was to follow to make a little girl even more happy.
Published 8 months ago by sylvia curtis

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars charming not corny, 21 Feb 2007

Charlie and Lola reminds me, in its gentle humour and charming characters, that there IS some decent viewing available for the children of today. This box set is fantastic value for money and is something the whole family can enjoy. As a a parent, it does come with a warning though...you will start talking like Charlie when your son/daughter turns into a mini-Lola and you will find yourself interacting with your children when watching this DVD-no brain numbing here for anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic box set, 18 May 2007
F. Oconnor "franc" (bournemouth,uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Charlie And Lola: The Absolutely Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
my 2yr old daughter loves charlie and lola and so do i

we already had number 3 dvd but it got worn out with over use

so i decided to purchase the box set,the complete series 1 on 4 dvds

a real bargain for 17.89 (what i paid for it) much cheaper than buying individually

highly recommended to all fans

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, funny, clever, creative, 18 April 2008
Mme Lord (France) - See all my reviews
Wonderful entertainment for children, gloriously funny for adults, a total delight, as enchanting as children themselves. It is funny, kind, the music is lovely and light and fun, and the stories are brilliant, and reassuring at the same time. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

4.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant tin full of amazing surprises, 18 Mar 2008
April D. Slocombe "stompgal" (Friern Barnet, London, UK) - See all my reviews
I ordered this DVD collection because I already own four 'Charlie and Lola' books and it is the only Cbeebies show I can seem to stand at the moment. Every episode is beautifully animated and I also like the imaginative dialogue.

Some episodes are particularly hilarious and my top ten are 'I Will Not Ever Never Eat a Tomato, 'We Do Promise Honestly We Can Look After Your Dog' (because I love dogs), 'I Am Not Sleepy and I Will Not Go to Bed,' 'Snow Is My Favourite and My Best,'I'm Far Too Extremely busy,' 'I Like My Hair Completely the Way It Is,' 'It's a Secret,' 'But That Is My Book,'My Little Town' and 'I Am Hurrying I'm Almost Nearly Ready.'

The special features are so-so but I quite liked the outtakes, the Lauren Child interview and the Snap game. I can't wait until the complete second series comes out.

3.0 out of 5 stars missing lunchbox tin, 24 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great selection, 27 Aug 2013
Great selection of Charley & Lola episodes. Plenty to keep a toddler amused for many hours - varied and some I hadn't seen before - what a treat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fab, 29 July 2013
Love Charlie and Lola and my 4 year old loved these DVDs. Smashing packaging just as you'd expect from anything Lola related...I think they are absolutely my favourite and best DVDs ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present for one of my child's 3 year old nursery friends, 5 Jun 2013
The mother of the child to whom this was given as a present is very pleased with it as her daughter absolutely loves Charlie and Lola. Definitely recommend it - good value for money too.

5.0 out of 5 stars charlie and lola, 23 Mar 2013
great for my french daughter (7yrs old) to keep up with the correct english accent. she finds it funny and very educational.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present for my niece, 1 Nov 2010
S. Qayum (England) - See all my reviews
My niece is crazy about this show so I went ahead and bought the special lunch box edition from Amazon. I was happy with the product quality - as described, and my niece is very happy with her daily dose of Charlie & Lola. Would recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›