Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£2.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 3 January 2007
Well, my last review about Now Compilation was about Now 63, and I didn't like that Now Comp. but with this album, I completely change my mind. Now That's What I Call Music! is back!!!! Before the releases of the disappointing Now 63 & 64, Now is back with an absolutely compilation, full of biggest hits. I like this album, because there's a lot of hits, like Girls Aloud "Something Kinda Ooooh!", Robbie Williams "LoveLight", Justin Timberlake "SexyBack", All Saints "Rock Steady", Jamelia "Something About You" or Scissor Sisters "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'". It's a perfect compilation! Welcome back Now That's What I Call Music!!!!!
on 2 December 2006
There is very little new that one can say about this concept that has reached the figure normally associated with retirement but which, having outsold and outlived the competition, shows no sign of slacking.

As a convenient collection of the last three months' pop chart songs it is unbeatable - this one has eight which made No 1 and is sufficiently up to date in that, on its release date, twenty tracks were still in the UK Top 40 and quite a few more had only just dropped out.

They've managed to squeeze 45 tracks in to the 157 minutes running time - the Scissor Sisters' song has been edited of its twiddly intro (which will please those who like to make their own compilations) and I think Meat Loaf has shed a few ounces as well, otherwise everything is in its original (single) released length.

It's the ideal stocking filler.
on 20 January 2007
I think this is a great CD I don't presonally own it but my teenage daughter does and whenever she puts it on I just love it and once its finished I can't help but put it back to the beginning.I would reccomend this as a gift because everyone is bound to like at least 15 songs on it. I bought it on amazon as well so for first time buyers it comes really quickly (undamadged)
on 23 August 2011
This is also a fantastic Now album but it's not as good as Now 64 and Now 66. It also shared the record for the most songs on a Now album with Now 45, Now 71 and Now 74. This record is now broken by Now 76.

45 TOP CHART HITS

COMPACT DISC 1 Chart Peak Weeks On Chart

1.Scissor Sisters- I Don't Feel Like Dancin' (1) 34 Weeks(Sep-Jan)
2.Shakira ft Wyclef Jean- Hips Don't Lie (1) 38 Weeks(June-Apr)
3.Girls Aloud- Something Kinda Ooooh (3) 15 Weeks(Oct-Feb)
4.The Fratellis- Chelsea Dagger (5) 29 Weeks(Aug-Aug)
5.Amy Winehouse- Rehab (7) 76 Weeks(Oct-Aug)
6.James Morrison- Wonderful World (8) 20 Weeks(Oct-July)
7.Robbie Williams- Lovelight (8) 7 Weeks(Nov-Dec)
8.Christina Aguilera- Ain't No Other Man (2) 16 Weeks(July-Jan)
9.Justin Timberlake- SexyBack (1) 31 Weeks(Aug-Apr)
10.Nelly Furtado ft Timbaland- Promiscuous (3) 14 Weeks(Sep-Jan)
11.Beyonce- Deja Vu (1) 16 Weeks(Aug-Jan)
12.Chamillionaire ft Krayzie Bone- Ridin' (2) 18 Weeks(Aug-Jan)
13.Bob Sinclar & Cutee B ft Dollarman,
Big Ali & Makedah- Rock This Party
(Everybody Dance Now) (3) 15 Weeks(Oct-Jan)
14.Fedde Le Grand- Put Your Hands Up
For Detroit (1) 22 Weeks(Sep-Mar)
15.Fergie- London Bridge (3) 8 Weeks(Sep-Nov)
16.The Pussycat Dolls- I Don't Need A Man (7) 10 Weeks(Sep-Dec)
17.Ne-Yo- Sexy Love (5) 13 Weeks(June-Sep)
18.Cassie- Me & U (6) 15 Weeks(Aug-Nov)
19.Lemar- It's Not That Easy (7) 11 Weeks(Sep-Nov)
20.Rihanna- Unfaithful (2) 22 Weeks(July-Jan)
21.Westlife- The Rose (1) 7 Weeks(Nov-Dec)
22.Gabriella & Troy- Breaking Free (9) 19 Weeks(Sep-Feb)

COMPACT DISC 2 Chart Peak Weeks On Chart

1.Razorlight- America (1) 28 Weeks(Oct-July)
2.Snow Patrol- Chasing Cars (6) 156 Weeks(July-Feb)
3.Paulo Nutini- Last Request (5) 34 Weeks(July-Nov)
4.Keane- Nothing In My Way (19) 3 Weeks(Nov-Dec)
5.The Feeling- Never Be Lonely (9) 21 Weeks(Aug-Feb)
6.Kasabian- Empire (9) 14 Weeks(July-Jan)
7.The Killers- When You Were Young (2) 14 Weeks(Sep-Mar)
8.P!nk- U + Ur Hand (10) 19 Weeks(Aug-Jan)
9.Lily Allen- LDN (6) 14 Weeks(Sep-July)
10.All Saints- Rock Steady (3) 10 Weeks(Nov-Jan)
11.Simon Webbe- Coming Around Again (12) 7 Weeks(Oct-Dec)
12.Jamelia- Something About You (9) 10 Weeks(Sep-Nov)
13.Bodyrox ft Luciana- Yeah Yeah (2) 20 Weeks(Oct-Feb)
14.David Guetta vs The Egg-
Love Don't Let Me Go(Walking Away) (3) 20 Weeks(Aug-Dec)
15.Cascada- Everytime We Touch (2) 39 Weeks(July-May)
16.Michael Gray ft Shelly Poole-
Borderline (12) 6 Weeks(Aug-Sep)
17.Beatfreakz- Superfreak (7) 6 Weeks(Oct-Nov)
18.El Chombo- Chacarron (20) 4 Weeks(Dec-Jan)
19.Gnarls Barkley- Smiley Faces (10) 14 Weeks(July-Nov)
20.McFly- Star Girl (1) 6 Weeks(Oct-Dec)
21.Matt Willis- Hey Kid (11) 5 Weeks(Aug-Sep)
22.David Hasslehoff- Jump In My Car (3) 4 Weeks(Oct-Nov)
23.Meat Loaf- It's All Coming Back To Me Now (6) 8 Weeks(Oct-Dec)

Best Songs

COMPACT DISC 1

Girls Aloud- Something Kinda Ooooh
Justin Timberlake- Sexyback
Chamillionaire ft Krayzie Bone- Ridin'
Fedde Le Grand- Put Your Hands Up For Detroit

Jamelia- Beware Of The Dog
Cascada- Truly Madly Deeply
McFly- Sorry's Not Good Enough

8 Number 1's

Scissor Sisters- I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
Shakira ft Wyclef Jean- Hips Don't Lie
Justin Timberlake- Sexyback
Beyonce- Deja Vu
Fedde Le Grand- Put Your Hands Up For Detroit
Westlife- The Rose
Razorlight- America

Release Date: 20 November 2006
on 8 November 2008
With 45 tracks (and available for 2.99 pounds at "another online retailer" as I type this), it would churlish to not admit that this compilation is pretty good value if you can find it at a cheap price. Unfortunately, double CD various artists compilations often suffer from "mixed bag syndrome" and this one is no different. It covers quite a wide range of musical styles, so there's bound to be at least 5 or 6 tracks here that please everyone (although not necessarily the same 5 or 6!).

So whilst I think "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'", "Chasing Cars" and "Never Be Lonely" are clear standouts for me, other people might prefer other selections. I can't really give the compilation high marks though, because there are some stinkers (Hasselhoff shouting nonsense? Really?!) and the Now folks have pulled a "double fast one" with the El Chombo track.

Yep, El Chombo's "Chacarron" track is not only drivel (complete with someone wailing like they've got indigestion), it should also be disqualified from this compilation of "45 chart hits" that the back cover of Now 65 claims. Why? Well, Now 65 was released on 20 Nov 2006 and Chacaroon was released on 11 Dec 2006 - how can something be a "chart hit" when it's not even been released yet?! Smacks of record company promotion to me and Now should be ashamed, but for all I know, they've pulled this not-yet-released trick on earlier Now releases, so people are used it, but I think it's just a con...
on 21 June 2013
Bought as a Christmas gift for my Granddaughter who was 14, she was extremely pleased with it as it contains all the latest tracks
she wanted for her collection on one CD.
on 21 March 2012
WAS RECEIVED ON TIME AND IN GOOD AND STRONG PACKAGE .LIKE THE MUSIC ON THE CD ,SOUND QUALITY IS VERY GOOD .
on 23 July 2013
I loved the cd. what can i say really about it. It has numerous good songs and was dispatched quickly,
on 2 April 2014
There is not much to say apart from the person loved it and it was a great present for anyone
on 16 December 2014
Bought to replace my damaged original so happy days again.