5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Dec 2012
D. Koisser (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alessi 6-Cup Espresso Coffee Maker in 18/10 Stainless Steel Mirror Polished with Magnetic Heat Diffusing Bottom (Kitchen & Home)
I threw away my aluminium coffee maker as it was corroded. I wanted a nice steel one and this one was expensive but you get what you pay for. It looks beautiful and works perfectly. Very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best 'caffetiera' around, 27 Sep 2012
I've had one of these for the past 12 years. It is used at least twice a day, 365 days a year. It is, by far, the best 'caffetiera' I've ever used (I have a collection of about 10 of various sizes, makes and metals). It is clean,simple to use, no screwing just clips shut, hard wearing and makes a fantastic coffee. In all these years I've changed the gasket just the once. Although expensive, it is worth every penny - I would not hesitate to buy another should this one ever give up the ghost. Certainly a classic - you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 19 May 2014
Really nice bit of kit. It's weighty and you know it will last a long time. I've been using this just about daily for the last couple of months and it both makes a fab cup of coffee and also cleans and shines up again really easily. The closing mechanism is fantastic and that loud "click" to signal it's locked is v satisfying. I have the 9090/6 model, and to make a "normal" coffee which fills an average sized mug, I fill it to the max level and use the 3 cup limiter (which is included) and a couple of spoons of coffee. Perfect.
We have a belling induction oven / hob and the 9090/06 will heat on any of the ring sizes so I wouldn't be surprised if the 9090/3 works on the smallest hob size (if you're thinking of going for the smaller 3 cup model).

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but well worth it. Fantastic, 27 Dec 2013
Mr. J. Mellitas "Jmell" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Same as other reviews. Absolutely fantastic! Best coffee and the best quality for making coffee as well as easy to use and clean. Could not ask for more. I am sure this will last many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely worth it, 12 Mar 2013
I hesitated for many years before buying this one - it's not cheap at first sight. But the quality of the espresso is fantastic. I bought this one 3 months ago and am sure I have more than got my return on the investment as I have found myself drinking coffee only at home now - I just don't see why I should spend 2.50 or 3.00 on coffee in a cafe when I can make myself much better coffee at home. I love this espresso maker, it's very easy to use and the taste is fantastic.