5.0 out of 5 stars A fresh wave of brutality from the masters of Norse Metal
Amon Amarth ( named after Mount Doom from Tolkien's Lord of the Rings books ) a Melodic Death Metal at heart which uses Viking imagery and themes for their inspiration and lyrics. Therefore, they are classed as Viking Death Metal for obvious reasons. This is their sixth full length album ( not including the original EP ) and possibly their best to date.
The band uses...
Published on 29 Jan. 2010 by CB

3.0 out of 5 stars Great album, shame about the sound quality...
I think amazon needs to review its file formats for music download. Quality of sound is terrible....wish i'd just waited and bought the CD!
Published 16 months ago by craig smith

4.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Performance by Amon Amarth., 10 Dec. 2007
Mr. Robert J. Lowton "rOBERT l" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: With Oden on Our Side (Audio CD)
This CD had been sitting on my shelf for a few months before I finally got around to listening to it..I cant believe it took me so long to discover just how great this album is.
With killers riffs on Asator and Cry of the Blackbirds this is by far one of my favourite albums I have.
It takes a few listens to get into the music, but once your familiar with the album then its unlike anything youve ever heard.
I give this 4 out of 5 stars because I feel the last 2 tracks on the album are just filler and not as good as the rest of the album is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Viking Metal, 16 Mar. 2009
This review is from: With Oden On Our Side (Audio CD)
As heavy as a bag full of spanners!

Amon Amarth are an unholy union between 'death metal' and the laughably titled 'viking metal'. If you can ignore the lyrical content, you will find a tight and incredibly heavy outfit. The Title track 'with oden on our side' steals the show, being outrageously heavy and still melodic. My only real gripe with this album is that it makes all the other albums on my mp3 player seem weedy and thin sounding in comparison.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Amon Amarth!!, 28 Jun. 2014
Barbara Stasicka-rusak "basia" (Taunton-Somerset-UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: With Oden On Our Side (Audio CD)
I do like to list this band and make a collection of theirs cd-s.I recommend to go on live concert as well, They are making a hell of sound!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great album, shame about the sound quality..., 29 Nov. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Odin is on my side!!! xaxa, 15 July 2009
AbAdDoN (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: With Oden On Our Side (Audio CD)
I think one of the best Amon Amarth's album and definitely of death metal genre.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken Audio, 9 Oct. 2011
Amazon seems to have a problem with the mp3 download of this album. It's in mono rather than stereo - something you can test for yourself by just listening to the track previews with headphones. Hopefully they'll fix this as soon as possible as otherwise it's a great album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 Feb. 2015
This review is from: With Oden On Our Side (Audio CD)
Bangin... It's Amon Amarth...what do you want?

5.0 out of 5 stars We're in Valhall, 16 Oct. 2007
This review is from: With Oden On Our Side (Audio CD)
Tight, heavy, riff tastic viking metal.
Listening to this stuff makes you feel as though you are donning your furs and weapons to go rape and pillage around Europe, horn full of ale in tow.
Put this album on, grab your woman over your shoulder, throw her on the bed, and show her what being a big hairy viking metal warrior is all about!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Jan. 2015
5/5

2.0 out of 5 stars Worst AA yet, 19 Dec. 2006
This review is from: With Oden on Our Side (Audio CD)
First off I'm a massive AA fan, and own all their albums. All of their albums up to FON were different in their own special way. wobos is very similair to fon and in and is not any better (but thats not saying very much). It seems AA are now more focused on the melodic than the death side of metal. The grunting and guitars sound just like off fon. The drumming is static and forced. It sounds really bland and planned unlike the chaotic drumming of osftgh and even vtw in some respect. In some instances the drumming sounds power metal esque. I've seen AA live a couple of times and they were absolutely awesome, even with a couple of fon songs in there. This new album is going to diminish their live set more. There are a couple of good songs but thats because they sound like previous AA songs. Some are so bad they make me laugh out loud (tracks 3, 6 and 7). This is not death metal, it sounds more like Linkin Park. I hope AA can find their feet again because they are true metal greats.

With Oden on Our Side
With Oden on Our Side by Amon Amarth (Audio CD - 2006)