5.0 out of 5 stars A good basis to compare the star treks with each other
Published 14 months ago by JR

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot to enjoy.
Published on 4 April 2009 by Emanon

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot to enjoy., 4 April 2009
This review is from: Star Trek: Klingon Fan Collective [DVD] (DVD)
My main reason for buying this set was to have a lovely pristine copy of the Deep Space Nine episode "Trials and Tribble-ations" on DVD without having to fork out for the season five box set. I'm not the world's most avid "Star Trek" fan, but there are particular episodes that I have really enjoyed over the years and I'm finding that the "Fan Collective" is proving to be a very good way of acquiring the best of "Trek" without having to buy all of "Trek".
I have picked up copies of others in this range when they've been on sale at reduced price - the full price would make them less appealing to me - and have been surprised at how much I have enjoyed episodes from series like "Enterprise" and "Voyager" that I'd previously written off after sitting through a few episodes at the time of broadcast and not found very diverting.
The big problem was that I always found the Klingon episodes to be a bit worthy and dull - all that endless talk about "honour" and "duty" used to tie the writers in knots, I thought - so I approached this set rather reluctantly and yet I was surprised to find myself enjoying it thoroughly. I suspect that the ongoing story arcs tended to get lost if, as a casual viewer, you had to recall events of a season or two back in episodes you might not even have seen, but viewed all together, they all start to gel a bit more and the ties that bind the stories together start to make sense and these stories become all the more rich for it. I particularly enjoyed "The Sword of Kahless" (DS9) and "Barge of the Dead" (VOY) for their idiosyncratic spin on the Klingon saga, and this set does give you the "Enterprise" feature length pilot "Broken Bow" as well as the all time laugh-fest that is the original series' "The Trouble with Tribbles" (nice to be able to compare and contrast it with its DS9 counterpart) all in one convenient package.
There's a lot to enjoy in this set, even if you're not the world's greatest "Star Trek" fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good basis to compare the star treks with each other, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Star Trek: Klingon Fan Collective [DVD] (DVD)
I'm writing this as someone who is new to Star Trek and was in debate over which series I should start with and managed to base it of off this box set. Featuring at least one episode from each of the five series, it's a good little set to start of a collection if not wanting to jump into full collections straight away. I found it worth it just to have a copy of the Deep Space Nine episode "Trials and Tribble-ations" to compare with the Original Series "The Trouble with Tribbles" both very funny episodes and very re-watchable. It also provides the pilot episode for Enterprise, "Broken Bow" which gives you a taste of one of, in my opinion, one of the most underrated series of recent time. It provides barely any extras, just text commentaries on some of the episodes, so not worth getting if you already have the whole collections...or it may just be what you want to have all your favourite Klingon episodes in one convenient set.

All in all, a nice set for beginners and a nice set of convenience for those who have already seen the episodes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek dvd., 7 July 2014
This review is from: Star Trek: Klingon Fan Collective [DVD] (DVD)
Arrived in good condition and pleased with it.

Star Trek: Klingon Fan Collective [DVD]
Star Trek: Klingon Fan Collective [DVD] by Star Trek (DVD - 2007)
14.58