on 22 May 2011
Well, what can I say? It does what it says on the tub, and comes with a die and whole bunch of rules for various games you can play, some of which were completely new to me.

Now - I do have to state that I did not buy these as a toy to play with, but to use as a subject to be used in a photo shoot and to that end they fit the bill perfectly. Also, I wasn't so miserable to bother counting them (someone noted that less than 50 were in the tub), but there seems to be quite a lot, and you could give them to the kids who may go on to win or lose some more.

Anyhow, how do I rate this product - well, when I was a kid I used to love playing marbles, so to me, they're lots of fun. Plus marbles involves counting, which I guess means it is educational. How durable are they? Well they are chunky spheres of glass, which would be pretty difficult to damage. Ultimately, no complaints from me - they're marble-ous!
review image
on 1 May 2014
We have used these as 'rewards' for our daughters (ages 4 & 2) when they have been particularly well behaved. They both love picking out a new marble and adding it to their 'collection'. The marbles themselves vary in size and pattern, some are plain and brightly coloured and some have very elaborate markings, they range from standard to large gobstopper sized. These are so much more interesting than the bog standard marbles you normally see in toy shops. They are not really suitable for marble runs but are great for playing other games with. All in all this is a great starter set which would appeal to both boys and girls.
on 2 February 2014
These were bought for my daughter from her wishlist. I wasn't sure what we were going to get, it could have been a tub of very boring marbles. But I was amazed and delighted. Almost every one of these marbles was unusual, lots of different sizes and colours, They make a lovely present. Also provided was a little bag and instructions for different games you can play with the marbles. Can't recommend them highly enough.
on 24 April 2014
I bought two of these - one for each of my children - and they were both very different in content, but even - although colours etc varied a lot, the number of very large and 'special' marbles were equal, so both children are extremely happy. Well done House of Marbles.
on 15 January 2014
My little girl was delighted with these in her stocking this year (Father Christmas must have got them from here!) They provide so many different opportunities for play, get your kids using their imaginations!!
on 14 March 2014
Really good values, my sons both love playing with them, who thought marbles could transcend the generations. They also come with a dice and carry bag.
on 6 January 2014
best variety of sizes in any set and nice to have the choice of either glass jar or soft bag for storage. They look just like the old fashioned marbles we all had as kids.
on 21 December 2013
A I wanted. Looks like a cute little gift. Nice touch with the dice in with the marbles. This is a lovely gift for a little person who is always losing his marbles!
on 1 November 2015
I thought I'd already reviewed these but I have a prompt to review so here we go. I bought these for a personal project, however when my adult kids 37, 38 and 43 saw them I stood back and watched them transport back to the 80's evoking memories of battles played, they were in awe and going through each marble, reminiscing, laughing, it was an absolute joy watching and listening to them they gave me a magical moment that I'll treasure. I ended up giving them to my kids. My son produced his super king size marble [kinker as they called it back in the day] that he'd kept from a kid and they delighted in telling my grandsons all about them and how they used to play on the covered drain lid in the garden. Wonderful memories and a special moment for me as an observer of day's gone by. Okay there was one small marble that was broken but you're reading this for an opinion, and all I can say is buy them you won't be disappointed.
on 13 December 2013
classic marbles at a reasonable price, not that they were for me, but brought back some really good memories... what more do you need