5.0 out of 5 stars Ansmann BATTERY MONO NIMH D
I usually buy my 'special' batteries from Tantronics which has an excellent reputation for quality and speedy service. However, on this occasion I broke with tradition and purchased these industrial-grade batteries from Amazon, especially since the price difference was less than 1 and Amazon offered free delivery.

These batteries are currently powering a...
Published 18 months ago by Mr. P. Harvey

3.0 out of 5 stars Very expensive but ...
They seem very expensive but if they give more power for longer (as promised) it will be worth it, but the jury is still out on that
Published 4 months ago by dunstan

5.0 out of 5 stars Ansmann BATTERY MONO NIMH D, 4 Mar 2013
Mr. P. Harvey "Phil" (Cornwall, UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: ANSMANN D Size 10000mAh NiMH High Capacity Rechargeable Batteries (Pack of 2) (Electronics)

These batteries are currently powering a Marley 'Bag of Rhythm' boom box which is an iPod-based portable, stereo amplifier system. These 10,000mAh batteries - I purchased 3 x 2pair - are amongst the highest capacity 'D' cells on the market and need to be in order to power the Marley which can peak at 40W output.

I had previously purchased another 6x 10,000mAh Ansmann rechargeable batteries from Tantronics so I have an intimate knowledge of their performance. They are great batteries. To get the best possible performance out of them it is best to recharge them with a quality charger. Once again Ansmann produce a suitable quality charger.

These batteries are highly recommended for applications requiring high currents, such as electric motors in CD/DVD/tape drives. These batteries are heavy which is further proof of they quality and capacity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., 25 Jun 2014
This is a comprehensive review on (3) items which I bought a few months ago, and they all get 5 stars.
Item (1) - terralux tle 310 led upgrade for 4 cell maglite touch,
Item (2) - Ansmann 10000 mah D cell rechargeable batteries,
Item (3) - MAHA powerex MH-C808 ultimate professional charger.

I recently bought myself the terralux tle 310 led upgrade for my 4 cell maglite touch which Ive had for 6 years, only problem was that it was draining your standard durracell batteries in no time at all.

I bought the ansmann 10000 mah rechargeable batteries and Ive only had to charged my batteries once in 6 months and they are still putting out 1000 lumens in my tourch, whereas before with the standard duracell batteries - they were dead after a week or putting out little light.

I bought - the MAHA powerex MH-C808 ultimate professional charger to charge my Ansmann 10000 d cell batteries and I have to say I am impressed with how good the charger operates.

As a police officer working a lot of night shifts, especially during the dark nights of winter... I need a powerful search light which is durable and light and not to mention will offer some re-assurance entering a dark building in the dead of night. - The terralux upgrade combined with the ansmann batteries and the MAH charger to charge them has made my old maglite an excellent piece of kit and something I just cant be without on my night shift. - A few of my colleagues have got torch envy now.

I recommend ALL 3 products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but they do the Job, 29 Mar 2014
These batteries do what they say and provide a large current into an inductive load without diminished voltage.
No signs of going flat yet after a couple of hours use. It will be a long time before I know how many charging cycles they will tolerate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Job, 7 Aug 2014
Terry How "Terry" (Spain) - See all my reviews
Four of them are running my Roberts radio very successfully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Battery Life, 4 Sep 2014
Had these batteries for a couple of months - they certainly have greater life than the lower capacity batts I replaced and I'd recommend if you're looking to extend radio play times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, so far lasting ages, 17 Aug 2014
Brilliant, so far lasting ages, just what I needed for my radio which kept going flat with poor Duracell ones after just one day. So far these have been going 3 days on one charge

5.0 out of 5 stars I wasted money buying Energizer batteries when they only have a ..., 23 Aug 2014
My only regret is not buying these sooner, I wasted money buying Energizer batteries when they only have a quarter of the capacity of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high capacity rechargeables, 13 Feb 2014
Exceedingly high capacity rechargeable D cells which seem to last forever, and took many hours to charge. I bought these for my son's rocking chair, and they've not needed a top-up ever since (about a month now). Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Sep 2014