on 5 March 2010
Bought this product based on the reviews on Amazon. We have had the product just over 18 months used it less than half a dozen times and it has fallen to pieces the pump has also stopped working. The build quality is very poor, avoid at all cost. Bissell 9400E PROheat Select 2X All Surface Upright Deep Cleaner Black Cherry Fizz.
on 13 December 2013
we are moving house so was faced with a decision on whether to hire a rug doctor or buy a new machine to upgrade my little quick wash bissell, so went for buying a new bissell, what can i say this machine is one hell of a beast, not flimsy, does everything on the tin and some,
made my heavy soiled childrens carpets come up like new, i'd read a lot of bad reviews on this machine on amazon but decided to take a chance, i'm so pleased i did......its so much easier to clean than the last older one i had, cleaning carpets is a breeze, delivery was fast,
so i've given it 5 stars i can't fault it, one thing though you must do to get the very best out the machine is read those intructions, unlike me who just plugged it in and started cleaning, i'm one very very happy customer!
on 17 November 2013
carefully. When I did, the Pro-Heat performed exactly as described. Lifted oil spots and stains from a 6 year old, heavily used carpet. We run a small B&B, so a lot of traffic in our rooms, some folk not so careful to our carpets. It was a great relief to recover our bedroom carpets to almost mint condition. Landing and Stair carpet looks as if it has only just been laid, it is 3 years old now. You do have to read the book first, to fully understand and appreciate how to use this machine, when you do, the results reward your endeavours!
on 4 February 2012
The Queen uses one of these in Buck Palace? It's expensive? It looks good? It does have the occasional write up saying that it's brilliant? OK. I'll buy it. I'll ignore the large number of reviews where it says that it's always breaking down. I mean, those people are just unlucky, right? It won't happen to me. My Bissell cleaner will be great. I'm a top of the range guy buying a top of the range carpet cleaner.
What a fool. Now, I'm at the stage where I wish I'd listened to those negative reviews and saved my money. Sure the Queen may use one of these but if she does, I reckon Her carpets are probably covered in corgi hairs and stains from last night's banquet.
My Bissells have broken down and been sent back to be repaired 4 times in 12 months. I use the plural as at one stage, I was given a new one because the courier dropped the first and broke it. As I have had two, I can't even blame the problems I've had on just one dodgy model. Both were equally inept. And did I say sent back 4 times? Yes. But I'm not even counting the half a dozen (or maybe a dozen) times where I've had to fix it myself. Motors break down (3 times), main reservoir doesn't dispense or fill (3 times) and the detergent dispenser refuses to dispense detergent (I've lost count).
Fact is, for an expensive carpet cleaner, I've ended up with something that's become a liability. I only get it out in the hope that it will work properly this time (who am I kidding, it never does) and I end up having more work to do cleaning up the mess it makes when it hasn't done the job it's supposed to. The irony of going down on my hands and knees with a scrubbing brush to clean up the mess made by my Bissell isn't lost on me. It just sits the leaking like a naughty puppy and not doing much else. I've sworn at it, shaken my fist at it and, I'm ashamed to say, I've even kicked it (that was on it's final outing).
So, if you're reading this and you're of the same view as I was, ie: that I'm just one of those unlucky saps who bought a lemon, maybe you might like to think again. There is the offchance that you might get really, really lucky and get one that works (and hey, the literally 5 times that mine have worked as they should, they've been brilliant), but there's also a very good chance that you're going to be pulling your hair out and wishing you'd taken my advice.
As for me? You know, this time, I'm not going to even bother calling the Bissell repair team even though they're very good - but then I guess they're probably the most experienced department in the company so they've had practice. Nope. This time, my Bissell is going down to the dump. I've quite simply had enough. Even the royalist in me says that there's only so much a royal seal of approval can do. I'm off to buy a Vax instead.
on 23 February 2014
I love it! It is a beast that an do the job of cleaning my carpets well. Puppies and small children have visited my house and had accidents. All cleaned and sorted by the beast of a machine that is easy to manage and control.
on 27 January 2011
Shampooed all carpets when appliance was purchased and was not over impressed with the result. After another two applications there was a slight improvement. A few months later I attempted another application and once again was not impressed. My neighbour loaned me her Vax 6131 and it was like chalk and cheese. I purchased a Vax and binned the Bissel.I'm now happy.
on 19 April 2016
Owned the machine, it probably gets used twice a year. Each year it's not worked, has been repaired foc three times, once I paid. Seems to work after repair for one use only despite using Bissell own products and then the applicator nozzles jam. Seems to be a common problem. Shame as when working, is a great little machine.
on 12 November 2013
I used this straight way: it came with two trial packs of carpet cleaner. I knew that my landing and stairs needed cleaning but I couldn't believe how muck dirt it lifted. I then did my bedroom, and then my daughters house.....Its a great buy
on 2 May 2009
This is my second Bissell Deep Cleaner and I'm really pleased with it, it does exactly what it says on the box, its just as, if not easier to use than my other one being a bit lighter to move about.
Why then only 4 stars, well it seems to suffer from the same fault as my first one, in that, when shampooing it leaks at the back near the rear wheel, don't know if its a design fault or if I'm just unlucky in getting two machines that dribble, but as it does such a good job I can live with it. But for this niggle it would have rated the full five stars
Why? you may ask did I replace my other machine, because my girls borrowed it and are now refusing to give it back, Grrrr.
on 20 January 2014
Bissell ..... what more can I say?

Easy to put together, easy to use.

Five star rating as I cannot fault it.

Propmpt service from store, will use again.

Why waste money on hiring a Rig Doctor when within about 3 rentals this machine will have paid for itself and you will still be able to use it as and when you want.

See one answered question