5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I imagined
I've tried em all, waxing (to painfull), In shower hair removal (time consuming, inafective and messy), and final asked my wife to endure shaving my back. So I had to try this product, and I am glad I did.

Published on 17 July 2010 by Daniel G. Egan

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed bag..
I'll address this mixed bag of reviews by adding another of my own.

* Build quality: Feels like something you've just bought from a TV shopping channel, cheap, light and nasty. They could've done so much better for not a lot of extra cost.
Published 17 months ago by AMW

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I imagined, 17 July 2010
Daniel G. Egan "danny" (Epsom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mangroomer Do-It-Yourself Electric Back Hair Shaver (Personal Care)

It does exactly what is says it does, it gives you a very close smooth shave and is very easy to use. The long arm and curve in the arm allows you to get the shaver everywhere. It's fairly quick too. All you'll need is a mirror.

If I was going to give any negatives then it would be that it leaves your back feeling scratched by a thousand cats, but there are no marks on my back and the slight discomfort is WELL WORTH IT.

If you have a hairy unreachable area men then you must by this. It really is the best product out there in my mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! I did not expect this !, 28 Sep 2010
E. Dumea - See all my reviews
Well, as other reviewer here, I was a bit sceptic about this product but went for it anyway since it was the closest to what I was looking for.
I got it today and tried it. AMAZING! Very easy to use, big cutting head, easy to handle in hard-to-reach spots(if you have a wide/large body you know what I mean - this will be your salvation).
I was done in 10 minutes tops. Now I'm a bit cold, HAHA :D
Great product, I recommend it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed bag.., 22 Jan 2013
I'll address this mixed bag of reviews by adding another of my own.

* Power: No problem for me at all. In fact the first time I powered it up I thought it was going to take my hand off.
* Scratchiness. Hell yes, but quite tolerable and a after a hot shower there was no pain nor marks. Never tried waxing myself but surely this is much less painful.
* Results: Not bad at all on fine / medum hair. I think a lot of it is down to technique as it's a challenge to maintain the right pressure whilst not skinning yourself. Quite happy on this score and I'll certainly be happier when done the pool or beach.
* Summary. If you've got the point in your marriage/relationship where you've better half would rather watch East Enders than help you shave or wax then this is an option. I'll continue to use mine until such a time as it breaks or I find something significantly better, whichever comes sooner.

Update 2 months on: A bit of practice and a deft touch you can pretty much eliminate the scratchiness.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 9 Dec 2010
couple of places on back that it is still quite hard to reach, it it was a little bit more flexible it would be perfect, but generally good

5.0 out of 5 stars Mangroomer do-it-yourself back shaver, Shaves perfectly., 29 April 2011
Although it doesn't look like it should this Shaver works absolutely brilliantly, be gentle when using it and it will give perfect results, the cutting head gives a close and even shave and I haven't cut myself once.

Could probably do with a little product development in most areas to improve feel of quality, noise emitted etc, but the shave is faultless, development of course would also bring an increase in price. I would of also liked the handle to open out to 180 or have been slightly longer so I could of reached the bottom of my back a little easier, that said I know of nothing else on the market which comes near and it sure beats using normal clippers and trying to contort your arms to reach places on your back, which unless you are a novelty circus act is a complete non starter, worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 20 July 2010
Thank you to the Mangroomer bunch for making this great device. Back hair has been a plague to manking for way too long and waxing is just way too much pain, plus I really don't feel like advertising i have excessive back hair in the first place.

To start, this shaver has a huge wide head to cut large spots of the back without fifty strokes a normal shaver has. Secondly, the power is great and suprisingly cuts through the thickest ares in the middle side parts. Third, the handle can go to whatever size you want and locks at that length.

To wrap it up and why i am writing this review in the first place, buy this shaver if you have back hair and if you know someone who has back hair, buy this for them and they will thank you for life. Thank you and hopefully my review will help a lot of men out there like me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it, you will need a trasfusion after !!, 30 July 2013
For the man about the house !!!
This man groomer is more like a killer instead. It was bought for my ex-husband but it was not meant to nearly cut him to shreds.
Those difficult to reach places got cut to shreds. It left claw marks all over the back and anywhere else it was used!! If you are going to buy one then make sure you have lots of cream around to help those cuts!! Not worth it's money and would never buy one again. Whoever designed it needs to try it and re-think the blade system, seriously I would never touch one again, not even for a gift as this was.
As to gift wrap, didn't exist, a bit of paper put in the HUGE box and in small print. Don't waste time on that either.
Waste of money and time.

1.0 out of 5 stars nice idea but poor shaver quality, 30 Jun 2013
It is not working anymore, it simply don't cut, waste of money.

---
If you don't have anyone to help you out, it's okay to use this product, otherwise, don't buy it! The shaver quality is really poor, I've bought shavers for 10 bucks that are better than this, but with short handle. So, only if you don't have any other choice, or you are too embarrassed to ask someone, buy it. PS: I'm pretty hairy, maybe if you have less hair it will work better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, weak power, poorly constructed., 1 May 2012
Hi. Purchased this mangroomer backshaver after having looked at reviews which were good overall. After having tried it not convinced at all. 1, found power weak (and no power adapter) and so went over same area again and again and again (light/medium thickness hair and growth)...2, the opening arm (3 main click-in-place positions to increase or decrease angle) didn't stay in place even when applying light pressure on the skin but started to move around, very annoying!. 3, when extending the handle for increased reach major wobble. Thought it may have been just the one i received so ordered a replacement. Exactly the same issues. Indeed a very poorly constructed item but good idea. If you can perservere i guess eventually you can get a half decent result. Not for me though and initiated return for refund. A big shout out for Amazon customer service though which was absolutely excellent in every regard! Majorly impressed and don't say this lightly.Mangroomer Do-It-Yourself Electric Back Hair Shaver

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually works, 19 July 2010
I was sort of sceptical of this product, but it actually delivered. Back hair shaved in no time. Construction of the device is of course pretty flimsy, but it does what it advertises.

Mangroomer Do-It-Yourself Electric Back Hair Shaver