5.0 out of 5 stars well made well designed well good !!
I never thought that I would buy one of these things, but I saw a demo in a store, and I was hooked

Previous printer docks have always given a slightly artificial looking print, but these are brilliant, Kodak claim a print time of 60 seconds...it can be even quicker

Published on 8 Dec. 2006 by Mangizmo

1.0 out of 5 stars Load of rubbish
Published on 2 Jan. 2007 by reversecooper

5.0 out of 5 stars well made well designed well good !!, 8 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Kodak Easyshare Printer DOCK G600 Thermo Printer (Electronics)

The design is really clever, I suggest that you go onto [...] and look at the video of the G600 printer dock to see how cleverly thought through this product is.

It will print directly from your Kodak camera, from a PC or even from a USB memory stick, in which case the images are displayed on the camera LCD display prior to printing...clever

Heres a tip, if you would prefer to use some other editing software other than the supplied Easyshare software...thats fine it works great (I use Picasa)...you need to just load the printer driver from the disc, you get an option at the start to skip all but the driver install...it will then work just like any printer with any software...the Easyshare software is good, but a bit over the top for me, Picasa (free from Google) is my prefered alternative

It may seem hard to justify now that prints can be bought everywhere, but this is just fun and so convenient

Extras for the G600 include a travel bag and an optional rechargeable battery pack for mobile printing

Every paper pack contains an ink cartridge (well its more like a belt) which will last for the amount of sheets in the box...buy the box of 200 its the most economical....trust me, if you want a stylish little printer that produces perfect waterproof prints in seconds ...this is the one

Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 21 Jun. 2007
A. Linacre (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I purchased this to save money on printing on my usual printer (as the ink for my printer is expensive), it is excellent value for money and the prints are just as good a quality as you would get from a photo processing outlet, I purchased a refill kit pack to print 100 photos at the same time and it has printed all 100, on the box it states sample ink only, and it printed 5 photos, so you do need to be aware of purchasing the additional refill.

5.0 out of 5 stars whats the matter with paying for media, 23 Mar. 2007
G. R. Welch (cornwall uk) - See all my reviews
I found this product excellent ,ok it came with only enough media for 5 pictures but what do you expect,it was enough to try it out and thats all you can expect .I'm 46 but found the instructions good and easy to follow I was printing pictures within 10 minutes of opening the box and they were shop quality prints.I bought the 200 media pack (paper and ink cartridges for 200 pictures , as it says on the box) works out about 20p per print but you only print what you want.It will print from cameras that fit onto dock ,from your computer and from whatever connects to your computer for the money its great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, economical and fantastic quality, 5 Sept. 2010
C. HOLLINSHEAD "Chas" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
Its a pity reversecooper (one star reviewer) had a bad experience because this really is a first class product.

I have a Canon Pixma MP560 permanently set up and ready to go, however if I have photos to print I go straight to the shelf and get down the Kodak G610. The reasons are:

Incredibly quick to set up and easy to use. Something the whole family can use instantly.

Very economical, look at the price of the carts and paper and do the maths.

The quality is really excelent. Sharp, well defined pictures which are dry in a moment.

The reliability has been superb. I have owned this for nearly two years now and keep coming back for more paper and carts.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD MACHINE - BUT BEWARE, 14 Dec. 2011
Mrs. M. E. Cully "Tombo" (Telford UK) - See all my reviews
WE PURCHASED TWO OF THESE MACHINES, KODAK G600 PRINTER DOCK - ONE FOR MY SON AS WELL AS FOR US. GOOD QUALITY PRINTS, EASY TO USE AND YOU CAN PRINT OFF COPIES AT YOUR CONVENIENCE AT HOME. EXPENSE - SEEMS TO BE WELL WORTH THE MONEY.
HOWEVER, WATCH OUT - THE REFILLS ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN THE SHOPS. KODAK HAVE STOPPED MAKING THE REFILLS.
YOU WILL NEED TO GO ONTO E-BAY AND SHOP AROUND FOR REFILLS. THERE IS A BIDDING PROCESS WHICH COULD BE EXPENSIVE AND TIME-CONSUMING. YOU MIGHT GET LUCKY! BUT GOOD QUALITY PRINTING OF PHOTOGRAPHS FROM THE G600.

1.0 out of 5 stars Load of rubbish, 2 Jan. 2007
I bought this for my grandmother for Christmas as part of a bundle which included a digital camera. Imagine our disappointment when we found that kodak only supply enough ink (cynical) and paper for three photographs, meaning we had to rush out on boxing day to find a new ink cartridge which cost [...] (enough ink for 100 pics)!!! Nice one Kodak. The new cartridge ran out or malfunctioned very soon after being installed and Kodak customer service and aftercare is poor at best and at worst non-existent.

The handful of photos we printed were ok although it did chew the edges of a couple of em, giving a nice jagged edge finish.

So in summary, buy this printer if you want a below average product which will require you to spend a great deal of money immediately upon opening the box(if you actually intend on using it to print photographs) and then continue to spend a fortune forever more. Otherwise shop around for something better (I wish I had).