5.0 out of 5 stars Fine compilation with three particular highlights, 7 Nov. 2006
Mr. D. P. Meller (Stockport, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kids At The Club (Audio CD)
I bought this compilation after going to the 'How Does it Feel?' night regularly during my year in London. Being an avid fan of indie pop, I was always going to enjoy the contents of it regardless.

Nevertheless, it exceeds expectations by far. Reference points from Orange Juice, The Delgados, Belle and Sebastian to the likes of The Orchids, Pastels and The Ronettes are apparent throughout in a compilation where every track confirms that indie pop as a genre is far from dead.

Particular favourites include Foxtrot's 'The Start of Something', Butcher Boy's 'Days Like These Will Be The Death of Me' and Amida's 'Virtue Is Your Downfall'. These bands in particular are for me the future of a genre which is long overdue a renaissance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Indie-pop at its finest, 4 Sept. 2006
S. Greenwood "Blueboy" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kids At The Club (Audio CD)
I have followed the rise and fortune of the How Does It Feel To Be Loved club night in London run by Ian Watson, formally of the Melody Maker, over the last few years. I have been to the club just once as I live in Manchester, but I really enjoyed the night. The music policy is a mixture of indie-pop and Soul. I keep in touch with the night via its website and the Orange Juice Yahoo group Rip It Up.

After 4 years of the club, Ian Watson has decided to release a compilation of new music from bands that reflect How Does It Feels music policy.

None of the bands present are doing anything new or innotive but what they are doing sounds excellent. All wear their influences on their sleeves, with The Smiths and Pavement being heavily borrowed from.

Bands like I'm from Barcelona and Lucky Soul must be destined for greater exposure.

The CD really does have the lovely feel of late summer. I've played it a lot in the car, which is dangerous as I seem to drift into another place.

5.0 out of 5 stars A simply wonderful record, 30 Aug. 2006
This review is from: Kids At The Club (Audio CD)
A stunning debut album from the newly created How Does It Feel To Be Loved? label.

All the songs on here are beautifully crafted and reaffirm belief in the current underground indie music scene. Particular mention must go to Voxtrot for their beautifully tender serenade 'The Start Of Something', Pocketbooks for their wonderful lo-fi symphony 'The First World Record', and Fanfarlo for their sublime 'Elephant Graveyard'. Having said that I could just have easily picked out any three songs from the album and my favourites just keep on changing!

Quite simply one of the albums of the year. I hope it gets the respect and sales that it deserves. The world would be a better place if everyone owned a copy of this record.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 8 Mar. 2013
Frank Bozic Jr. (brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kids At The Club (Audio CD)
I love to know new bands, or, in this case not so new, but I ve never listened it before!!! Nice compilation I can recommend it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Plan B magazine, 30 Aug. 2006
"The Kids At The Club" is a 19 track indie compilation put together by the

London club night, How Does It Feel To Be Loved. Featuring I'm From

Barcelona, Voxtrot, Suburban Kids With Biblical Names, Fosca, Tender Trap

and Lucky Soul amongst others, the album has been dubbed "the real sound of

the indiepop underground"

Kids At The Club
Kids At The Club by V/A (Audio CD - 2009)