5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I hoped for and more!, 15 Nov 2006
The Mews (Notts, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Closer (Audio CD)
It's been a long wait since Upwards. It was and is one of my favourite albums, so I was almost worried that this wouldnt live up to my expectations. I shouldnt have worried, this is an amazing 3rd album. There are loads of great collaborations, and in no way is it like some of those terrible US alubms where someone like puffy is too poor to actually rap so he gets someone else to do it for him; Ty is at the top of his game.

It's funky, and catchy and full of great tunes. It doesnt need to be 'a grower' because its a top album already. At this early stage the stand-out tracks are 'What you want', 'Closer', 'Oh!' and 'Sophisticated and coarse'. But there is definitely no filler.

I wont go into any song in great detail, you can find out for yourself; it's most definitely worth it. Im off to see him tonight and i can't wait!

4.0 out of 5 stars Agreement, 29 Dec 2006
T. ELLIOTT-MELL (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Closer (Audio CD)
Definetely in agreement with 'The Mews', the usual high standard production, plus catchy and often amusing raps by TY make this an instantly enjoyable listen. It should also be a boost that my favourite tracks from the album are different; I like, 'Idea' , 'This here music' and 'Aim for your goals'. If anything, this is proof that there is something on here for everyone, wherever your tastes lie. Definetely one of the top 5 albums of 2006!

Closer
Closer by TY (Audio CD - 2006)