Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 12 January 2007
I was reluctant to buy the Scissor Sisters second album as I feared it would be like so many second albums - rubbish. But I so glad I was wrong. Its great- every bit as bouncy, disco, camp and soulfull as the first, and I now listen to this more. The first few tracks are amazing and having you bopping away. I especailly love the song " shes my man " which is pure 80's pop disco at its best. While my boyfriend likes " I cant decide" - which is realy unusally but very catchy , like a camp western song.The whole album is catchy and uplifting and just the thing to lift you up. Although the later tracks are not the catchiest after a few listens you will be bopping away to these too. If I feeling fed up I just put this album on and instantily Im happy and in scissor sister land .
on 12 May 2007
Having been a massive fan of their first album, I couldn't wait for their follow-up.

My initial response to it however, was slight disappointment. Less 'naughty' and raunchy than its predecessor, it was also slightly less immediate and sounded more tame on the first couple of listens.

However, it has since proved its worth. No-one creates hooks like Scissor Sisters do, and there are so many catchy, funky songs that you will find yourself turning up the volume to dance around to many of the songs, 'Paul McCartney', 'Lights' and 'Ooh' being examples (that have not so far been released as singles, but believe me, they will be!).

'Land of a thousand words' and 'The other side' show the more introspective and thoughtful side of the band and have tremendous beauty and are genuinely touching.

Stylistically, there are echoes of Bee Gees, Queen, (even some of the Beatles humorous numbers) and Elton John, and they are obviously a huge reference for Mika's album.

This is a more mature album lyrically too. The songs - while still full of fun, humour and 'naughtiness' - also deal with meaningful love relationships...both the highs and lows.

Their first album was mammothly successful, and it is of course a hard act to follow, but this is not a weak album by any stretch and is stuffed full of hits. Give it a couple of listens and you too will find they have hooked you once again!!
on 7 October 2006
Two years on and the Scissor Sisters continue to dazzle. Reflecting their development, the sequins and feather boas have been replaced with expensive and stylish, silk suits. Maturity, Originality and Professionalism are familiar terms applicable to the Scissor Sisters. In their second album though, they really have moulded their niche. Some fans will miss the raunchy, playful, controversial character of the first album as Ta-Dah focuses more on thoughtful and intelligent lyrics, than on camping things up. That said, 'Kiss You Off' and 'Paul McCartney' are classics in the making, whilst 'Lights' and the first single 'I Don't Feel Like Dancing' will have you swinging round the room in no time. Be warned though, this album follows mainly in the musical trail of 'Mary' and 'It Can't Come Quickly Enough' than 'Filthy-Gorgeous', but it reflects a band who have accepted their new role in shaping 21st Century music in a humble, grateful and responsible manner. Their London concert in Trafalgar Square shows that they plan to use this well-earned respect and fame to breathe life into a tired musical industry, and they succeed spectacularly in giving their audience a well earned trip into the minds of truly talented performers.
on 15 September 2006
Their 2nd album has a lot to live up to, the trouble with debut albums that are instant hits is that you can't help hoping and praying for more of the same which is also better, well after a few listens this is one is going to be great.

Straight away songs like "She's my Man", "Lights", and "Paul McCartney" are going to be instant Scissor Sister classics and let's not forget "I don't feel like Dancin", they all demand to be played over and over again.

The band feels like it's grown a bit which has allowed it to try a few new ideas, but at the same time retains the funky electronic samples and backing that made the original stand out!

I'm betting this is on the wish list for loads of people, get it as soon as you can!!!
VINE VOICEon 21 March 2008
The Scissor Sisters are one of the best bands to have emerged in recent years. Their first album was an immediate hit and their 2nd has followed the same path of success! American audiances rejected these guys but the UK and the rest of the world has embraced them fully for their funky pop/rock beats and lurid lyrics. As bands go they are indeed different...very surreal but you just can't help loving them! On "Ta Dah!" my favourite songs are 'She's my man' and 'kiss you off'. This album is well worth having in your collection and is great for cheering you up on a gloomy day. Scissor Sisters really do know how to camp it up and they're just so totally cool!

Their music is unique because it combines electronic sounds with rock and some excellent piano melodies. Overall this makes for some interesting music and I never tire of listening to it.
on 7 July 2008
there are twelve fantastic songs here that are played over and over again and are always fun to listen to.
Scissor sisters are a fantastic band to listen to and their songs are amazing!!!!
this album i find is a step up from their first album(which i also love)and the music on each track shows a range of artistic style that really shows off their fantastic talent.
I Dont feel like dancin' is already a classic track,i love She's My Man with a fun beat and catchy lyrics,I Cant Decide is also fun and can be heard in the Doctor Who series three finale-The Last Of The Timelords.
Land of a thousand words has to be my favourite song by the band....why wasnt this used for Casino Royale????
love the album
YOU NEED IT IF YOU LOVE MUSIC!!!
on 1 February 2007
I love this album!! I didn't think they could get any better but they have proved that they are even better than their first album.

This is an album that you can put on and listen to from start to finish without skipping any of the tracks.

It's very disco/pop tongue in cheek fun-ness that you would expect from such a great band. I don't feel like dancing is a great indicator to what you can expect from this album.

Expect to be out of your chair on your feet dancing round whilst listening to this album because the songs are just so great that you won't be able to help but dance to them.
on 23 January 2015
There is a long list of British artists who have had huge success here, but never made it in the US in quite the same way; a list that includes the likes of Robbie Williams and Oasis. The list of American artists who can claim the same is shorter, but includes one of the recent greats - the Scissor Sisters. Try as I might, I just can't understand why the Americans don't love them the way the British do, although their loss is our gain, with the band happy to play large events in the UK, such as a recent gig to promote the Motorola Red mobile phone in Trafalgar Square.

The Scissor Sisters are everything you would want in a music group. Unlike many artists, they have always firmly believed that as musicians, they are also entertainers. They're not just in the game to play their music; they're in it to make sure as many people as possible have a good time. This desire to entertain is reflected in the title of their recently released album "Ta Dah", traditionally the call of magicians at the climax of a trick.

The second album can be a difficult one, especially when a debut album is as good as the Scissor Sisters self titled debut. But I had high expectations for this album the minute they played the new track "Everybody Wants the Same Thing" at Live 8 more than a year ago and have been waiting impatiently for this album ever since, even more so when the debut single from it turned out to be the best thing they had ever done, eclipsing the previous album by some margin, even as good as it was.

I always thought that the Scissor Sisters' debut album was pretty good, only to discover that this one is even better. There isn't quite the same range of influences here; with disco being the major one, but the overall feel is a lot more settled and a lot more upbeat this time around. There are very few songs here that don't get your feet tapping and start you dancing in your seat.

If you like to be entertained as you listen to music, this is the perfect album for that purpose. It's music to dance to and perfect for a party or getting ready to go out. If you've heard the opening single and like it and if you own the Scissor Sisters debut album and like that, you're going to love this album even more. Of course, the opposite is also true; if you've never liked the Scissor Sisters, this album is unlikely to change your mind. I fall into the former group, though - I was a big fan before and I'm a bigger fan after.

As this is an album that never grows old - even a week of having it on constant repeat has failed to dull my love of this album - you're getting more than 13 tracks and 50 minutes of music; you're getting as many multiples of those numbers as you like. And given that the Scissor Sisters debut album was wonderful and this one is even better, I'm already wondering how good the next will be, but already confident I'll still be in love with this album, even if I have it on constant play for anything up to the 2 years I expect that to take to be released.
on 6 March 2007
The Scissor Sisters just keep getting better with every song they write. while many people say they are dissopointed with the second album HOW DARE THEY, personally its fantastic, i stuggle to choose a favourite song but for me it is 'lights' tied with 'i can't decide' the lyrics are just fantastic!! 'I don't feel like dancin' just makes you want to dance all night and is a song that can be listened to (as is the whole album) over and over again. i love the disco theme running through the album, very nice, love the artwork, heres to more albums to come!!
on 11 February 2007
Ta-Dah is a mixture of dance and soft rock songs with the blend of vocals and music being perfect. All the songs are very good such as the terrific She's My Man and The Land Of A Thousand Words with the unknown songs such as Lights, Ooh and I Can't Decide and not forgetting I Don't Feel Like Dancing. The CD overall is brilliant and I would advise everyone to buy it.