5.0 out of 5 stars Only for XP? HA! I can beat that...
There are 4 OS' that I've tested this with (and all are compatiblen (somewhat))

Windows 98: I first used this on a Packard Bell, 512mb of RAM (random access memory), it worked (just).

Windows XP (32 bit): Moving up in the world I got a Dell Dimension, 1gb of RAM, it worked quite nicely!

Windows Vista (32 bit): Then I bought a Dell Studio...
Published on 11 Jan 2010 by A. Shubbar

3.0 out of 5 stars Cd rom not Dvd rom!
The game was wrongly advertised, It stated it was a DVD Rom, But when it arrived it was a CD Rom!
When I contacted them was told if it was no good I could try and return if no good! Luckily it was ok!
Published 10 months ago by Mark Rowland

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Only for XP? HA! I can beat that..., 11 Jan 2010
This review is from: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Deluxe (PC DVD) (Video Game)
There are 4 OS' that I've tested this with (and all are compatiblen (somewhat))

Windows Vista (32 bit): Then I bought a Dell Studio 1735, 2gb of RAM (I'm starting to notice a pattern), easy, worked like a dream!

Windows 7 (64 bit): After a while I decided to, err, spec-up my Dell Studio, now we're working with 4gb of RAM (YEAH!!!), it worked, well, whatever's better than "worked like a dream" (I ran out of phrases, lol).

Now onto the gamne:

PROS:

# Easy installation and setup
# You never get bored, there's just so much to do*!!
# Easy to "pick up and play"
# Cheap

CONS:

# Very heavy requirements for best game-play
# *You really need the 2 add-on packs
# It's a massive game, give it time to install, 30 minutes for the game and the 2 add-on packs (on a computer where the OS install takes 20 minutes)

4.0 out of 5 stars RCT3 deluxe eddition not as pictured, 5 May 2011
This review is from: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Deluxe (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I have just been posted my copy of the game after a VERY long wait, a week & a half infact. I bought it to replace my now broken copy of the game. I took it out of the envolope to find it completely different to as pictured, published by a company called MAD data, & part of the plastic had come off the box.
I then opened the box only to find one disk (as opposed to three that come with the issue pictured), once again not the official RCT3 disk, but a MAD data disk. The setup was not the usual RCT3 autoplay. It was a more complicated MAD data menu. So still not impressed so far. I then installed it & played the game for a while, only for it to crash & only able to get so much graphic power. My old eddition (which I had for 5 years) worked brilliantly with good graphics & official ATARI published. The packagingg on that was as seen in the picture on this amazon page.
So I have now bought one off ebay thats new & hopefully will be official. So I do not reccomend buying off this page.

However the game itself is fantastic (if you have a good copy). Its just like managing a real park! You get lots of micromanagement including staff training, call mechanic, sales boards & the like. The coasters are very realistic! You can theme rides & build buildings. For those techinicaly minded you can download extra rides and scenery for the game from various fansites (Its very hard to install though). So all in all, great game! (just have to make sure you buy it from the right people)Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Deluxe (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply, 11 Mar 2012
Mr. A. Hassan "Ayhan/Tay" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Deluxe (PC DVD) (Video Game)
This game has taken over my life, its one of the best games ever created, simple. It is just totally awesome. GET BUYING!

5.0 out of 5 stars excitment rating 10!!, 29 May 2007
rct 1 was at home gathering dust and rct2 had bin and gone rct3

Wasn't 100% new (so they'd already had put all the expansion packs together and created this) but as I parted with my £20 note and received my penny change I realised Wow the graphics look good! WOW they have tons of coasters! And fireworks you can't be serious. I was ecstatic when I got home, id always loved the original RCT but it was old school now. I wasn't sure what years of experience by RCT designers would have created but I was in for a surprise. As my first coaster zoomed down a huge slope it was so realistic I really felt excited and adrenaline pumped round my body I sighed with amazement wow

The only real flaw is the type of games available sand box or career but I want something in between (like zoo tycoons challenge game)with money and ,at the beginning ,a few roller coaster but apart from that it is amazing and id recommend the expansion packs there is nothing like animals, rollercoaster's and a water park

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Deluxe (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I read other reviews about this that weren't promising about the company MAD, who are distributing this game. I however have found no problems, I have the real game disk with the game and both expansions on it and after a short install it was ready to go

5.0 out of 5 stars Does infact work on windows 7, 11 Sep 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Deluxe (PC DVD) (Video Game)
This game does infact work fine on windows 7. My computer was new in January 2011, and the game works perfectly well, runs smoothly etc.

I was such a huge fan on RCT1, however when we switched to mac and the game didnt work anymore, we gave it away, until I got a windows for myself. I then bought RCT2 and RCT3, however RCT2 is much more similar to the original, just better stuff and ALOT cheaper. I'm not such a fan of RCT3, its fun to play and the rides seem cool, however the graphics can get annoying and I can't work out how to rotate the camera. It's a good game, but for an original RCT fanatic, it's just so different and so much more modern than the original, which many will view as a good thing, just personal opinion really.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cd rom not Dvd rom!, 15 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Deluxe (PC DVD) (Video Game)
Such a brilliant gam. Runs absolutely fine on laptop with no problems. Provides endless hours of fun. Brilliant rides just an overall absolutely brilliant game...order it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Deluxe (PC DVD) (Video Game)
Bought this for my son and he said it is really good. Lots to do with easy game play. Would recommend it if you like to build and then play!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great games, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Deluxe (PC DVD) (Video Game)
Bought this updated version for my grandson to play on my new laptop. It is much better than the previous version and give hours of pleasure with great effects.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Deluxe (PC DVD)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Deluxe (PC DVD) by Namco Bandai (Windows XP)
Used & New from: £14.99