5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore previous idiot!!!
Why are people allowed to post reviews which have almost no relevence to the product and are clearly just an attempt to have a pop at the PS3.

Firstly, this game is produced by EA, so in no way is Sony copying anything the xbox360 has done.

Published on 26 Mar. 2007 by Mik S

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game, always has been, bit of a let down this time.
Published on 1 April 2007 by DW

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game, always has been, bit of a let down this time., 1 April 2007
DW (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (PS3) (Video Game)
I am a big Tiger Woods fan, owned all the games since 2002 and seen the changes in the game for the better and worse, but I have to say this is probably the most disappointing game of the lot. To make this review simple to read I am going to list it as Pro's and Con's. Just a note to say I haven't played this online yet as I haven't quite built my player stats up high enough to even think about playing humans!!!

Pro's:

- Graphics

The graphics are good, infact they are top notch compared to the other Tiger Woods games. The golfers look spot on, the bunkers look good, the water looks great. I've even managed to create an almost identical version of me, which I have not been able to do on any game in the past!

I do feel however there are a few added things such as when the ball hits the sand you expect sand to go up, nothing of the sort! It's just like hitting the ball on a high friction fairway!

- Gameplay

As come to expect with Tiger Woods the gameplay is superb. Been the same since my first one in 2002. You will get hours of fun out of this game, even if you're not a big fan of golf, admittedly like me!

- Extra's

So many more ways to kit out your golfers it seems, and one thing I do really like are the mini games added to increase your stats. Try and beat the current Tiger Woods challenge golfer in a wide range of skills or just beat the clock, good fun, a bit repetetive though.

Cons:

- Smoothness

It is really frustrating to watch you play a shot, the ball enter the air and it kind of slow-mo's in the air, you expect a smooth game with this. It also has a few flaws when players are walking. It's frustrating to watch!

- Commentry

The commentry is the usual from Tiger Woods games, nothing wrong with that. What I don't like however is how when a shot is played the commentry is barely hearable because the background sound is over the top of it. Awful in all honesty. The commentry is a joy to listen to and I can only think you can listen to it if you turn off the background sounds, which is a big no no!

- Autosave

Every 2 seconds it autosaves!!! I haven't turned it off yet, will do when I get round to playing it again because I can't be bothered to wait for it to save after every mini game! Slows the game down!

All in all it's a good game, but if you want a good golf game I suggest wait til Tiger Woods 2008 is out, probably in August time! Hopefully they wont have overconcentrated on the graphics by then.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore previous idiot!!!, 26 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (PS3) (Video Game)

The graphics are almost identical, but for me slightly improved on the PS3 version (yes, i have owned both versions so can comment accurately). Gameplay i found to be the same on both versions.

Also, the exact same multiplayer options are avilable on both PS3 & xbox, so nobody's missing out on anything.

The big problem with the xbox version was the online function did not work properly and EA were making no efforts to correct this (well publicised on xbox live, etc). It was due to this i sold my xbox version of the game to purchase the PS3 version.

So far, from what i have witnessed, the online play with the PS3 version works fine.

Overall, a very good game not just for the golf fan but anyone with a bit of competitive instinct in them. Buy this game and you wont be disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 30 May 2007
Hubert Martin "Disappointed" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (PS3) (Video Game)
I've had all the tiger woods games since 2003 on each of the playstation formats right up to this one on ps3. For me the problem with the game is that it hasn't changed almost at all over the last 2 years. This wasn't a real problem in the earlier games as they introduced new fantasy courses that made playing interesting but this year there aren't any real unusual courses. The same old pebble beach, St Andrews etc. it looks to me like they found a way to get people to pay £40 for no reason.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Game but no online support!!, 3 April 2007
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (PS3) (Video Game)
Follows along the same lines as previous Tiger Woods games with the use of the analog stick as your swing control,also the power/spin control can also be activated by the tapping of the x button as well as L1.

However, If you already own Tiger Woods 2007 for PS2 then this title isn't a huge improvement as the online play supported by EA is absolutely terrible, especially if you want to play with your mates in the UK, Nearly 2 weeks in and not one connected game against someone who wasn't from the good 'ol US of A

5.0 out of 5 stars I OWN IT, 26 Mar. 2007
Mr. M. McDonald (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (PS3) (Video Game)
WOW excellent graphics, and gameplay. I did a few rounds yesterday in both single and multi player (against the father in-law, not online) (I won).

I have played this before on the xbox, and the PS3 version is just as good if not better.

Dont listen to Ricardo Rebelo below, he has reviewed it before the PS3 hit the shops in europe, you would think people have better things to do........

5.0 out of 5 stars scores a hole in one!!, 31 July 2008
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (PS3) (Video Game)
the first tiger woods game to arrive on the ps3-and its a very good start-super graphics-numerous games modes and a good selection of courses-a great start to high definition golfing!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Goodway tospoil a good walk., 8 Mar. 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (PS3) (Video Game)
I ain't a fan of golf, but i am a fan of sport.
One to play with your dad, thats what i got this for.
If your a golf fan then your in for a treat, it's near perfick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiger impresses again, 29 May 2007
M. Taylor "Black Cloud" (Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (PS3) (Video Game)
I've played Tiger '06 on a friends XBOX and enjoyed it and this was an early purchase on my new PS3. After starting to play for the first time i was very disappointed with the graphics, i don't think they're any better than on the XBOX. I haven't played it on the XBOX since and maybe i was just expecting too much, maybe they're better than i think. Once you get into playing it the graphics just don't matter as your concentrating for your next shot, gameplay's always more important, you really have to concentrate on not hooking or slicing depending on what difficulty level you're on. You can fine tune the difficulty levels perfectly. The tiger challenge mode is alot better than on the XBOX, their's alot more to get through before meeting tiger in the last match. The training of your golfer does take a bit too long. But, that's really the only fault, if you can call it a fault, i can find. All of the pro players are recognisable as on the other versions. This really is worth getting if you like your golf/sports games.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (PS3)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (PS3) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)