5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining
I bought this for my daughter who was about 10 years old at the time (it's taken me a while to get around to reviewing it!) and it turned out to be one of her favourites. So I think it deserves a five star rating :)
Published 15 months ago by Mel

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiki the wonderbird!]
This is a fairly faithful version of the original NES version, and if you're a big fan of that then you'll no doubt enjoy this.

I loved this on the ZX Spectrum, which is maybe why I'm not a big fan of this release. As with the NES original, the screen is very cluttered. The brick wall background with the many moving sprites make the screen look messy...
Published on 19 Feb 2008 by @GeekZilla9000

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good game, it take's me back to my school days., 29 Nov 2013
Alun A. Mcnulty "alymac" (Donegal, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Zealand Story Revolution (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Bought this game for myself when I was looking around amazon.com for a game for my son. I remember playing this game when I was back at Secondary School in the early 90's (them were the days).

It is a pretty good cross-over of the game. I only played it for about an hour so far. But I find due to the dual screen of the ds the bottom screen gets the user to play some sub-games, like spot the difference between the top screen and bottom screen. I find this a bit off putting as I find it hard enough to play the main game in the top screen, but that could be due to me not being a great gamer (getting old now). And due to me not being able to play this very well, I find myself getting killed and stuck on the same level as I need to find the differences to advance to the next level.

I would say this game maybe a bit troublesome for my small kid of 5 to play, but then again, kids are pretty smart and he will end up showing me how to play it better!

All in all, a pretty good game and for just over a tenner, hard to beat value-wise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 9 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars ADDICTIVE, 18 Feb 2011
Mrs. Jacqueline E. Tyler (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Zealand Story Revolution (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This is a really good game, very addictive, & you'll have trouble putting it down, once you start playing it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ignore NZ in title, requires no NZ knowledge, 3 Jan 2011
Adam K. Crisp - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Zealand Story Revolution (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This game is great for my 8 year old daughter and I can see it lasting several years as you can play the levels in different ways depending upon age and 'game playing sophistication'. For instance the main character can either just trundle along or can hop into cars, on floating things etc. You fire arrows/water/etc at the bad guys who turn into fruit that then gives you points equipment etc, so good for parents who don't like violence but the kids do. Good ol' fashioned fun with modern game design in there too.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love It!!, 18 Feb 2007
Lindsey Carpenter-beale (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Zealand Story Revolution (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This game is fantastic! The original back in the 80s was one of my favourite games so as soon as i heard this was being released on the ds i had to have it! Alot of the classic games that are released are not the same and are dissapointing but im pleased to say they havnt ruined this one.The levels are pretty much the same with a few graphic tweaks and additional challenges on the touch screen. If you loved the original you will love this too!! enjoy!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiki the wonderbird!], 19 Feb 2008
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: New Zealand Story Revolution (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)

I'm glad that the familiar NZ Story theme tune has ben kept though - that was a nice touch.

So in a nutshell: Fan's of the NES version wanting a nostalgia hit will get just that, but for someone picking this up for the first time - it might feel a bit poor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun., 23 Jan 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: New Zealand Story Revolution (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I used to play this game (published back then by Ocean) on my spectrum 48k, or my mate Nick's commodore 64.
It's still great fun and has not lost anything in translation.
Now I want an unadulterated Rainbow Islands.
Please, is it too much to ask??

3.0 out of 5 stars yay!!!!!!, 15 Nov 2006
This review is from: New Zealand Story Revolution (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
i used to have this on an old console - it was amazing!!!!!!!!

yay!!!!!

New Zealand Story Revolution (Nintendo DS)
New Zealand Story Revolution (Nintendo DS) by Codemasters (Nintendo DS)
Used & New from: £4.37