Format: DVD|Change

on 23 October 2012
Thats better after my negative review of the BR CURSE OF FRANKENSTIEN i am more than happy with this version of THE DEVIL RIDES OUT . I think the new CGI helps the film even adds to film with out losing the Hammer charm . I will keep my old copy as well so i have the choice to watch either version . I wonder when some company will at last give us a decent copy of THE SATANIC RIGHTS OF DRACULA .
on 20 August 2014
Arrived quickly and good quality and enjoy the film, wish this could be remade with new technology but only if they keep to the original story
on 15 December 2012
just as good as I remember it from TV. It's such a change to see Christopher Lee as a "goodie"
on 11 February 2016
Predecessor to To the devil a daughter. Classic Hammer Horror.
Read the book and saw this film years ago, glad to have a copy on DVD.
on 20 May 2014
I rate this film highly, not far behind The Whicker Man and Blood on Satans Claw. Great acting from Christopher Lee and Charles Gray
on 22 May 2013
lee fans again plus patrick mower, paul eddington and charles gray, blofeld from bond diamonds are forever, classic cult film
on 14 May 2014
A good movie, also a lot of scares from the master of suspense, in this classic film. It never seems to be outdated.
on 8 September 2012
This is an old favourite that I used to have on vhs ages ago.
I have read all of the books and I have a copy of the Devil and all his Works.
Now I can buy the Devil Rides Out on Blu-Ray but then why do I need a DVD?
The Devil Rides Out (Blu-ray + DVD) [1968]
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 August 2014
one of three of my favorite films ever had it on vidio for years so thrilled with dvd
on 24 October 2012
This is an absolute wow of a release. Picture and sound are pin sharp and the colour is just gorgeous.

This film has never looked better, and it also has a nice selection of extras which I'm sure the fans will adore.

Much has been said on various Hammer forums complaining about the touching up of half a dozen scenes to cover up some awful original poor effects in this film.
That argument seems to mainly concern people who say that the original un-modified effects version should have been put on the disc as well, with the enhanced version as an extra.

Perhaps that would have stopped the moaners out there. I doubt it though, as people always have to complain about something.
I'm guessing cost was the ultimate factor.
I'm sure many have the old version on dvd anyway, and there are clips to show how the scenes looked before they were altered, so I'm really not bothered.

I'm a long time Hammer fan believe me, but I'm not such a purist or so anal that I'm going to complain about these enhancements as they are subtly done and in the spirit and style of the original production. I think the new effects look brilliant, and have made a good film into a great film.

Very highly recommended release.