5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a Buffalo Ministation
I bought one of these at the same time as a pair of Buffalo 250Gb Ministation drives.

While one drive is backing up my office network overnight the other is kept off site in this case and it fits perfectly inside.

This drive is a little bigger than other "slim" drives but that actually means it fits snugly in the
Caselogic case with the...
Published on 8 Jun 2009 by R. SHEEHY

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too big for slim portable HDs
Published on 25 May 2008 by Y. Alaverdyan

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a Buffalo Ministation, 8 Jun 2009
R. SHEEHY - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black (Electronics)

Caselogic case with the elasticated strap securely holding the drive in one half of the case.

The other half of the case has a useful pocket for the extra USB power cable that comes with the Ministation.

The outer shell feels tough and durable and while it might not fit into your back pocket it is light and compact enough to slip into a backpack or handbag.

Although this is clearly a "universal" case for portable drives, it fits so well with the Buffalo Ministation I thought it might have been designed with this particular drive in mind.

I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect protection for my Seagate Expansion!, 14 Dec 2009
This review is from: Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black (Electronics)
After reading some of the horror stories regarding fit, I was a bit worried that this case would be the wrong size for my Seagate Expansion 250g hard drive unit but I needn't have worried - it fits perfectly and I'm delighted! The elastic holding strap is strong and secure keeping it firmly in place and there is a mesh storage compartment in the lid for my USB cable so no loose items to get lost. It is possible to plug the USB into the drive and use it without having to remove it from the case which I think is a plus point. With external storage drives now becoming more slimline and compact, this case is your answer to keeping your unit protected as its outer construction is quite rigid and durable without being rock hard and the zip is heavy duty (often a weak spot on items like this). It would be possible to store another identical unit in the mesh lid compartment if you had two. All in all, a super quality product at a very reasonable price - what more could you ask?

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too big for slim portable HDs, 25 May 2008
Y. Alaverdyan "Former Gage" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black (Electronics)
It looks nice etc., but this pouch is for "slim" hard drives (HDs) from the past. This is not something you can put in your pocket, as it is too big. There is a pocket inside for a USB cord, but it is also too big. One can put two or three cords in there. Since I myself have a slim HD from Western Digital (WD), I would call it - a pouch for two portable HDs from WD. Besides, HD is NOT held securely, as the pocket is too big for my WD, so HD can wobble in 2 dimensions if a force is applied. There is a stretchable band inside that is supposed to hold HD at the top, but it just only toching it rather preventing HD from falling out than holding it tight. I ended up putting more things in the pouch to use a space inside efficiently and hold the hard drive more tight. It is also tricky to connect HD while it is in the pouch, so you have to take it out. Not the most advanced and handy construction. I understand that one can not make something absolutely universal, for all portable HDs. But if you want something handy, small and secure just for your slim HD from Western Digital, this pouch is not perfect al all. It is just to carry HD + USB cord + accessories in the same place in your backpack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 26 Jun 2009
J. Lake (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black (Electronics)
My Toshiba External Hard Drive is 5.25" x 3" x 0.5" and I was having second thoughts after ordering the Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case, EVA Outer, Black that, after reading reviews that it would be too big.
I was pleasantly surprised to find on arrival, that the hard drive fitted perfectly inside & the cables fitted comfortably in the netted pouch on the other side of the case. I have given the measurements in inches for those who prefer. The case itself looked strong & I don't think I'd be worried if it was accidently dropped. I was very impressed by the quick & efficient Service by Amazon as I'd ordered the case on Sunday 21st June, it was despatched Monday 22nd, and I received it first post Wednesday 24th. I am very pleased with my purchase...

3.0 out of 5 stars Superb idea, shame the drives have shrunk., 28 Jan 2008
John Nunn (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black (Electronics)
I had great expectations for this as the case is pictured with a western Digital passport drive inside. However when I got mine it was too big for the newer model passport drives, my older 80GB model fits perfectly. The two newer models are so small they are not held effectively in place by the elastic strap. If there was some additional removable packing designed for the newer model then all would be fine. The benefit of the hard shell is reduced when the internal packing material is not shock absorbing. All in all a great case for older larger portable drives, but needs updating as technology moves on.

2.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 17 Nov 2007
Dust (Plymouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black (Electronics)
I bought a new hard disc (160 G western digital) and this for the protection. It is too big for the disc which can move inside but it is the perfect size for my old western digital disc. Too much space on the top, I can fit 2 dics in one pounch.. Could be better designed! Particularly for the new ones!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Ideal Solution To That Worst Case Scenario, 4 April 2009
Andrew Kerr (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black (Electronics)
I've often found it curious that many of us trust all manners of our personal data on external portable hard drives, without taking any precautions to ensure that the hard drive remains in working order. I've seen countless people (including myself) carrying our drives in our pockets, or loose in a bag. External hard drives are not as tough as say flash memory, and are often susceptible to moisture as well as drops and knocks.

My main use for my external hard drive is to provide me with a bulk storage solution for my digital camera's memory cards. Quite often as a photographer, I can be away from home for a while and despite having 16Gb worth of memory cards I often run out of space. Therefore my hard drive is ideal to allow me to transfer any photos over from my memory cards. As you can imagine because of this I have to ensure that my hard drive and its contents remain safe.

This small hard drive carry case provides an ideal solution to the worst case scenario, offering piece of mind for less than a tenner in cost.

The carry case will accommodate hard drives up to 6" x 3.8" x 1.3" in size, which generally covers all portable drives on the market both past and present. It features a hard impact resistant exterior shell with a soft interior, and a strap to secure the drive for safe transport. The case has been well designed and is functional. Build quality is excellent as is the zip, which is easy to use providing quick access. The case seems to be pretty solid, and I would be perfectly happy to trust it will protect my hard drive from drops, and all other manners of environmental factors that could otherwise spell doom for my data.

The 'other half' of the internal pocket offers a place to carry any cables with you as well, which is especially useful if your hard drive features a detachable USB cable. Otherwise it can be used for a variety of other means such as providing storage space for flash drives or memory cards.

The fact that the case is slightly bigger than necessary for today's modern slim-line hard drives means it can be used with the older portable hard drives which were slightly larger in design.

While the case is just a bit too big to fit into your trouser pockets, it will happily fit in a larger coat pocket, or even better a brief case, laptop case, or a rug sack. Some might say that the case is too bulky, but I feel that its size makes it even more suited for its purpose. The fact that there is a gap between the hard drive and the edges of the case can be exploited by adding even additional protection such as a packet of silica gel, or even air cushions if deemed necessary.

Considering the build quality, usefulness, and the ability to help prevent a data disaster, this is the perfect accessory if you own an external portable hard drive and often carry it with you. While there are smaller and cheaper carry cases on the market, I imagine that they won't be quite as robust as this one from Caselogic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice case for Seagate 500gb External Portable Usb 2.0 Hard Drive, 31 May 2010
This review is from: Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black (Electronics)
I understand that this is a generic case for portable drivers, so I was wondering if it would fit well with my newly purchased Seagate 500gb External Portable Usb 2.0 Hard Drive.
After I read several reviews I decided to go for this one, especially since price was really tempting.

The outer side is strong, the whole case is larger than pocket size but thin and small enough to fit in any handbag or to simply hold it in your hand. It is solid and I can say with comfort that even if I drop it, the hard drive will be safe. So, as a stand-alone item, I would recommend it.

Particularly regarding its exact match of dimensions with Seagate 500gb External Portable Usb 2.0 Hard Drive and its spacious cord net, I would also highly recommend it for this specific hard drive. Regarding its match with other models or drives, you will probably have to search further :)

3.0 out of 5 stars A MEDIUM size Hard Disk Case, 14 Sep 2008
This review is from: Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black (Electronics)
The western digital size passport/mybook drives are too small for this case, however they can be held within due to the elastic strp holding it snug. The case opens up in two one side for the drive and the other for cables or other stuff you'd like to keep. I prefer to keep the included cable with the passport drive which also helps to stop the small drive moving around. On the other side I keep a longer double headed lindy cable (used for older machines where one usb slot is not enough power, so two slots are required) this stops the drive moving the vertically and not put a strain on the strap.

The outer material is a tough protective shell which has a woven feel, to enusre you can keep a grip. Though I would have expected interally for it to be lined with a softer material like high density foam to absorb any knocks, but this was not the case.

At the moment I don't see an alternative product, I'm quite suprised that Case Logic (who make some of the best cases around) haven't got round to improving the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars TOTALLY USELESS FOR THE JOB ., 3 Sep 2009
This review is from: Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black (Electronics)
This product --- though well-made --- is advertised as being perfect for the NESO external hard drive . It is not . The case is way too large so the ad is misleading . My hard disc slides around alarmingly inside this case which is not specific to any particular item . I cannot use it for the purpose advertised and it is penally expensive to return the case . By pure chance something might fit the case but it was advertised as being suitable for the NESO but it most definitely is not . AVOID !!!

Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black