4.0 out of 5 stars Response to Doc-Feelbad...
This isn't a review, per see, more a comment.

Doc you say you've got a DELL PC- there's been a problem on DELL PC's with regards a Windows Update and the Cineplayer/WMP. There's a fix at both DELL's support site and the Roxio site, which resolves the issue- which involves the DVD codecs not working properly.

I installed the SE version of Roxio Easy...
Published on 16 Jan 2007 by Mr. K. R. Manktelow

1.0 out of 5 stars Still full of bugs..
having used Easy CD Creator from way back when, I was hopefull that this new version would have sorted out the bugs all too common in the previous software - wrong! - Creator Platinum Edition (v5 i believe) used to frequently lock-up my XP machine, and had massive memory leaks which filled every inch of RAM, whilst only printing a CD label! - hoping this was just a...
Published on 26 April 2007 by ciderman

1.0 out of 5 stars Think Again, 6 Feb 2007
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
I bought this product to edit my home DVDs. What a nightmare. The important thing to take into account with this software is support is terrible. It takes them ages to respond if they ever do. The software keeps crashing and I have wasted time and money. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT IF YOU WANT TO REMAIN CALM

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful program, 31 Aug 2007
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
Awful awful overpriced over packaged program, I wish I could award it no stars, but vote only goes as low as 1 I've had roxio products since creator 5 on various machines and configurations, but this is the worst, running on A 2 gig 200 gig sata hard drives laptop, and decent spec. with Vista Ultimate, but constantly crashes, can only copy my cd's other elements of program crashing all the time. Leave alone until Roxio have resolved the issues, oh and by the way, forget any idea of support as no-exsitant. They never reply to emails or respond to forum posts, how they got Vista accreditation is beyond me! I'm off to uninstall and re-install Nero. Use at your peril.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst software ever used, 16 Sep 2007
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
Wish I had seen all these reviews before buying this rubbish. I too would give it zero stars but that option does not exist. I purchased this for use on a new computer running Vista. It caused no end of problems even though I installed the patch Roxio have produced due to a so called "clerical error". Initially it would not even find my 2 DVD drives and I had to go into the registry and alter settings. When using the program I clicked on home and it would just freeze everything and my computer would crash. I tried to make a DVD of some photos and it crashed everytime I tried. My whole computer became completely unstable and everything I tried to do kept "not responding": internet, Outlook, Photoshop, Word etc etc. I uninstalled the program and it left loads behind which still led to problems. I decided to try Nero by downloading a trial and it took over 3 hours. I then did a system restore to try and get rid of all of Roxio, retried downloading Nero and it took 7 minutes! Roxio do not appear to offer any support, just a website with answers to common questions.

1.0 out of 5 stars Should have read other reviews before purchasing!!!!, 10 Jan 2007
Robert Antony (CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
Just like all other reviews posted here regarding video editing/burning, my experience with it has been a disaster. I have a new dual core HP Pavilion MEDIA Center computer with 2G RAM. I had numerous computer lock-ups and shutdowns. Once I removed all previous copies of Sonic and MYDVD, things became more stable. However, I have not been able to burn anything to DVD. It goes to the burning screen and the "encoding movie" process stays at 0% with the program eventually locking up. As previously mentioned, the software is slow and the on-line support is a joke. However, for $[...] you can talk to their technical support to pay for their defective software. Fortunately I bought the software @ Costco & plan on returning it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy ..., 13 July 2007
M. Gibson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
... if you are looking for something that does what it says on the packet. Having been a user of Nero's products for many years I finally sucumbed to buying EMC 9 - what a mistake. Other than the basic capabilities of copying and creating CD/DVD which it does okay (well it should shouldn't it) the rest of the package is pretty dire. The video editing suite falls over continuously popping up error dialogs that don't even have OK buttons so you have to kill the application using task manager. The slideshow creator is the same - total rubbish - falls over all the time. This package promises great things and delivers on very few of them. I personally will be going back to Nero; it has lots of faults too but at least the basic bits work. The support does not exist; the support forums are plainly not monitored by Roxio and support is left to users who are willing to share experiences.

BTW - I am running this software on XP - I hate to think of the pain endured by Vista users.

1.0 out of 5 stars problems galore, 5 Nov 2006
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
I bought this as an upgrade to version 7. Very slow indeed. I have tried several times to encode slideshows in various forms, but the progress bar remains at zero percent and I have to use windows to shut it down. I have tried encoding video, the same problem. A top of the range PC is of no consequence. Uninstalled it. No answers online either.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than Version 6, 29 Dec 2006
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
I bought EMC9 as the indicated solution to a problem that has just occurred with EMC6 after loading Internet Explorer 7 - can't save a CD to be read on any PC after using drag to disk. EMC9 has the same problem and it also make the PC lock up on the error message and prevents it fron shuting down correctly. There also seems to be a number of other issues if you browse the web. I would avoid this software until Roxio can come up with a solution.

1.0 out of 5 stars This software is awful!!, 8 April 2007
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
I've been using EZ CD Creator 5 platinum for a couple of years; works ok for cd copying and burning photo cd's. I upgraded to EZ Media Creator 9 to be able to do some dvd burning. Installed EMC 9 carefully, following all instructions, including that it was ok to leave CD Creator 5 installed. Media Creator 9 wouldn't even copy an audio cd. It locked up my entire system three times--mouse didn't even work. I had to do a hard shutdown and boot with the power switch, with the 5 min MS disc check in the middle. THEN CD creator 5 wouldn't uninstall--said that "installation was interupted." Finally found instructions on the Roxio website, carefully hidden, to "cleanly" uninstall CD Creator 5 and Media Creator 9. This involved editing the Win XP registry twice--pretty scary. (Why should you have to do that with ANY software?) Spent over 6 hours with the entire mess. Yep, this junk software was purchased (thankfully) at Costco, so I'm going to return it. Oh, there's also notes in the Roxio discussion groups about conflicts with Windows Media Player 11. So unles you have a brand new computer, with nothing else on it, install and run it at your own risk.

3.0 out of 5 stars Incompatible Drivers, 16 April 2007
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
My new Dell computer came with Windows Vista Home Premium and Roxio Easy creator 9.

Drag to Disk is incompatible with this new System. Even after a month Roxio are unable to offer solution.It has the latest drivers suggested by Roxio but they are not compatible.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Work, 24 Feb 2008
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
I ordered this some months ago as I wanted to move on to Vista and my old Sonic MyDvd version 6 was not vista compliant so I got this in readiness to upgrade. So some months on I am still on XP installed Media Creator 9 as I wanted to do some Photo Slides. Basically Media Creator 9 does not work it falls over with run time errors. Check the Roxio Forums lot of complaints about not getting technical support.

So I have un-installed Media Creator 9 and re-installed Sonic MyDvd version 6 and done my slides.

So beware of this product as if you read the other comments there is not if anyone shouting its praises, I will do a try before buy if I can next time to avoid wasting money.

Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC)
Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) by Corel (Windows 2000 / XP)
Out of stock