4.0 out of 5 stars Response to Doc-Feelbad...
This isn't a review, per see, more a comment.

Doc you say you've got a DELL PC- there's been a problem on DELL PC's with regards a Windows Update and the Cineplayer/WMP. There's a fix at both DELL's support site and the Roxio site, which resolves the issue- which involves the DVD codecs not working properly.

I installed the SE version of Roxio Easy...
Published on 16 Jan 2007 by Mr. K. R. Manktelow

1.0 out of 5 stars Still full of bugs..
Published on 26 April 2007 by ciderman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Still full of bugs.., 26 April 2007
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
having used Easy CD Creator from way back when, I was hopefull that this new version would have sorted out the bugs all too common in the previous software - wrong! - Creator Platinum Edition (v5 i believe) used to frequently lock-up my XP machine, and had massive memory leaks which filled every inch of RAM, whilst only printing a CD label! - hoping this was just a problem caused by my old XP PC and old software, i upgraded - wrong! this new edition is just as bad.

It feels like Roxio need to go back to the start and build a new product from the ground up, rather than adding layer upon layer of junk on top of an already faulty program - the ultimate case of a big company sticking its head in the sand. Shame on Microsoft for giving this Vista Launch Partner status too, but i guess big money is involved...

Avoid.

(mind you thats easier said than done if you have Vista, so I'll rephrase that - Best Of Luck!)

2.0 out of 5 stars So slow!, 19 Nov 2006
George (Bedfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
Having used Roxio's products in the past, I thought Creator 9 would be an ideal addition. No problem installing it but it is just so slow. I checked my system meets the minimum requirements, which it exceeds by some considerable margin, but it takes an eternity to even open Also, I had trouble in carrying out a couple of tasks- the help guide did not really assist and the online support is terrible- ie non existennt!

1.0 out of 5 stars Vista owners beware, 17 Feb 2007
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
I've been using Easy Media Creator for a number of years now since Roxio bought the brand. Each release of the software has left me hoping that the software glitches would finally have been ironed out, but sadly this is still not the case.

So what do you get for your 50 quid?

Basically, a piece of bloatware; a jack of all trades, but master of none. My new Dual Core 2 with 4GB RAM goes into meltdown just opening the main title screen (I have a processor and RAM monitor on my desktop.)

Roxio proudly claim that they are a Windows Vista premier launch partner, yet the program does not run well on Vista at all. When you boot your PC, you will get a message about an incompatible driver error, yet there is no way to remove this driver (which apparently conflicts with the Vista DVD driver) An email to their technical support remains unanswered after 3 weeks and their support forums are full of disappointed customers asking for answers, yet the response from Roxio is merely to lock down the message board threads.

EMC9 looks to be the answer to your dreams; a one-stop video editing/photo editing solution at a reasonable price. However, in reality I experienced dropped frames when trying to edit videos and a DVD slideshow of a family wedding left half of the guests with a sickly yellow glow about them.

Instructions are very poor and left me extremely frustrated. The only thing which works well is the iPod video conversion, but even this is let down by poor lip synchronisation.

On the face of it, this product looks very good value but you will be sorely disappointed once you start using it.

I've now bought Avid Studio 10 and it is infinitely better for video editing. For photo calaloguing, Google now have an excellent free program called Picasa.

1.0 out of 5 stars Roxio 9 Poor customer support, 23 Jun 2007
Richard Goswell (Pembrokeshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
Probably the worst software I have ever purchased. Customer support is non existant. Software hangs both my pc and laptop. I have not yet completed one project.A trouble ticket was generated and then cancelled without a response.UK support ,1 a minute, promised an email response which has never arrived.Dont buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid At All Costs, 7 April 2007
J. Sloan "roxio hater" (Bellingham, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
I recently upgraded to Vista. Everything went relatively smooth until I tried to run an earlier version of Roxio. I thought there might be problems because Microsoft warned of compatability issues with this product. When I ran it Vista locked up.

Next I decided to go to Roxio's web site and get a download. The website informed me that I had to buy Creator 9 if I wanted to run on Vista. I thought this was pretty weak considering I'd just purchased the previous version six months ago. I do understand that it costs money for them to upgrade their product to Vista so I went along.

After installing Creator 9 error messages kept popping up and after checking the companies forum board I found some very nasty messages to Roxio. Evidently there has been some kind of a melt down at the company. Emails and Tech support calls aren't being returned or answered. I found a patch but it only worked until I restarted my computer, what a tease.

Still doesn't work. I guess I'll have to find another program. This is the last time I ever buy a Roxio product. If you want to waste a couple of days of your life trying to get something to work and then giving up, buy Creator 9.

If there was a zero star rating this product would get it from me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating and Rubbish, 18 Jan 2007
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
I have used all photosuite packages and found them to be very good. However I don't feel that creator 9 is worth moving to. I find it to be very slow, I am using an AMD 4600 x2 Chip with 3gb of ram. I added another 1gb as the program kept crashing on me and telling me I didn't have enough memory for opening photos. It still does this after a chip upgrade and an extra gb of Ram.

The package I used before was creator 8 now that was a different story, very fast never an error message and I created many movie projects.

My advice is avoid creator 9 like the plague

2.0 out of 5 stars No Link Buttons, 31 Jan 2007
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
Unless you're prepared to accept poor quality reproduction this software is unworkable.

Any movie above 10 minutes takes a life time to load and edit with constant lockups etc. I do have a 3.8 GHZ 2GB machine.

When you have finally broke your video into bits to make it workable it won't let you link them together again in the "Create DVD" software.

Despite the fact that in the help file it says you can. In desperation you have to create a file to load it up again and this causes loss of quality which is unacceptable.

The support is nil. No replies to anything.

Don't buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disastrous piece of software - buyer beware!, 13 Dec 2006
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
Promises much but fails to deliver in spectacular fashion! I bought this because my Dell PC came with the cut-down version of MyDVD (Version 6) which I thought was ok. My main reason for buying it was that it allowed you to make DVD-Video discs from dvr-ms files created with Windows Media Center. But, after installing, it has been nothing but trouble. For a start it corrupted Windows Media Player (sic), it frequently hangs-up when converting video files and the most annoying thing is that when you do finally manage to get it to create a video DVD four out of five times there are audio/video sync problems! The other major problem is that it is extremely slow. Before you ask, my PC has a 3Ghz dual-core CPU with 2GB of memory which is well within the minimum requirements.

The only thing that seems to be in its favour is the "Disc Copier" feature which allows video file conversion of all the popular formats including dvr-ms and 3gp (for mobile phones etc) and the ability to make a video file from a DVD recorded on a stand-alone recorder. This is handy if you want to make a compilation disc from various sources.

Conclusion; don't waste your money on this junk - get Ulead's Movie Factory instead, which is more flexible and a lot more reliable. Oh yeah, the so-called on-line support is just a joke. If you do (foolishly) buy this software I can tell you that you are very much on your own - they certainly won't help you!

1.0 out of 5 stars The Box looks Nice,But That's as Far As it goes, 24 Jun 2007
A. Kalbfleisch (Calgary,AB Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
I Initially bought this software thinking I could get an all in one media suite.It will do the simplest tasks,like music and DVD copying.

But DO NOT BUY if you want to do any video conversions.(My Main reason for buying it!)Because it does'nt work!It won't even convert my home movies to PSP format.Spent $99.00 on this and I have to use the NERO OEM to burn everything.

1.0 out of 5 stars EMC9 & Alternative Burning Software, 30 Jun 2007
M. S. Roberts (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) (CD-ROM)
I Can't get Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 or 9 to work with Vista Ultimate. Roxio EMC 7.5 works a like a dream.
Alternative choice is Intervideo MediaOne (you can download a fully functional trial from [...]) you can do all the things you should be able to do with Roxio's EMC 9. I run it along side EMC 7.5.
I must point out that MediaOne & EMC 7.5 work fine ON MY PC. Like all software, download and use at your own risk.

Update:
I haven't voted on my own reviews !!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC)
Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (PC) by Corel (Windows 2000 / XP)
Out of stock