4.0 out of 5 stars Good apart from HTML emails
Published on 11 Aug 2007 by Mr. N. Mckenzie

3.0 out of 5 stars Big box gave false hopes.....
Was surprised to find nothing in this big plastic box except for a CD-rom. Absolutely no literature....not even a Quick Reference Guide! When I bought Outlook/Office 2003 a few years ago, I got a full users manual.

The other rip-off is this is only one-license. Again, Office 2003 (which included Outlook) was triple licence.
Published on 15 Mar 2009 by James Saunders

4.0 out of 5 stars Good apart from HTML emails, 11 Aug 2007
This review is from: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (PC) (Software)
I bought this because I had bought a pocket PC PDA and needed to sync it. I had used Outlook 2003 at work so knew it would be a very good organiser for email / calendar/tasks. This 2007 version has a new to-do pane which is very useful, and the new menu system is a bit better (not that 2003 was bad). Biggest reason not to upgrade from 2003 is that Microsoft have changed the engine for displaying HTML emails to a worse one (citing security as the reason). So some emails that showed perfectly in Outlook 2003 become poorly laid out in the 2007 version. Hence 4 not 5 stars. By the way I bought from dabs.com and got next day delivery, Amazon were quoting 4-6 weeks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Big box gave false hopes....., 15 Mar 2009

2.0 out of 5 stars Computer says 'No', 27 Dec 2008
M. Hunter (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (PC) (Software)
This new version looks great but intergrates badly with Vista. It freezes, and crashes and causes Shut Down to stall. Support from Windows is useless as they don't want to admit it does not work properly. I've tried to love it but after a year I have got so fed up with it I now use Gmail and Google calendar, for all the things I used to do with Outlook because it works flawlessly, can be accessed anywhere, and ironically is free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent email client, 11 July 2007
D. Bower "dannybgoode" (Sheffield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (PC) (Software)
I got a 60 trial of Outlook 2007 with my new mobile phone. As it all hooked into the phones active sync unlike Thunderbird I was using at the time I thought I may as well install it and see what it was like.

It was so good I immediately bought a license for it. The user interface is well presented, much better than the earlier versions. The level of customisation is very good and there's a lot of information on the initial screen (if you want it).

A slight quirk is that Microsoft's much vaunted ribbon interface doesn't make an appearance until you actually open an email which makes the interface a little dis-jointed, but the way it ties into Word's formatting tools and OneNote make up for this.

A word of advice though - if you get a trial version with a phone or download it from Microsoft and then buy a key it only sets you back 42 (about 30) - a huge saving if you can live without the fancy box and possibly a disc.

For this price you can't go wrong as the level of functionality and intergration is way ahead of Thunderbird.

4.0 out of 5 stars If only it was included in Student Edition of Office 2007..., 19 Mar 2007
This review is from: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (PC) (Software)
This is an excellent program! For once, an upgrade really improves on the previous edition. It's a little strange at first, if you're like me and have got so used to working Outlook 2003, but the interface is not only simpler, but better looking and more intuitive.

If you were wondering about upgrading, and have the money, I would strongly recommend!

The only bad thing about the new Office 2007 releases (and the reason I don't give it 5 Stars) is the fact that they didn't include Outlook 2007 with the Student 2007 Office edition - I can pretty much guarantee that students are more likely to need an email program than OneNote (I'm a PhD student, and I can tell you that I've never needed any edition of OneNote, ever, but am fielding emails pretty much all day!). A weird choice from Microsoft.

However, if you're buying from Amazon, buy the Student Office 2007 and Outlook 2007 separately for pretty much the same price as Standard Office, but get the extra program (OneNote - despite it's relative irrelevance). So thank you Amazon for that!

Highly recommeded, as is Office 2007, which I am also finding very user-friendly, despite the lack of a "save" button on the top tool-bar (they expect you to know the shortcut "Ctrl-S"). Other than that, it's so easy to use, a monkey could do it.

1.0 out of 5 stars A step backwards, 21 Mar 2008
This review is from: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (PC) (Software)
I was using outlook from Office XP. Thought it might be worth upgrading. Outlook 2007 seems to be less reliable. I've reinstalled it several times but there are problems with setting the default email account, and the application keeps on opening up in safe mode.
It can't even cope with HTML email.

I've gone back to Office XP. Shouldn't have wasted my money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Outlook 2007 is excellent! BCM is terrible!, 27 April 2009
Business Contact Manager is rubbish!
I've used Outlook 2003 or years and the move to Outlook 2007 was a bit of a short term struggle but stick with it and you'll see that 2007 is a major improvement in every area. Easy to us and work with, better ergonomics, better look and feel all round. After a week you wont want to go back to 2003.
I decided that I should `upgrade' my Outlook 2007 by adding the BCM element of the package. Id used ACT for years but my ACT version is now so out of date its laughable and that programme will not be supported in the future like I expect BCM will be. BCM: what a total disappointment, as others have said it's a add-on that runs parallel to the standard Outlook package and just embeds itself within the Outlook user interface (which is what attracted me to BCM being an established Outlook user). Its slow to use, first because of the ergonomics the way you actually have to feed info into the system, and second because the SQL server installation (the database where all the new BCM info is held) is dog slow even on my good performance Toshiba laptop. The one thing a Personal Information Business Manager should be able to do is work fast and intuitively, I want to run this thing and type when on the phone to a customer or when in front of a customer. BCM just doesn't allow this. Outlook needed a Groups function, this is poorly implemented. The dashboard customisation is good but you can do the same thing faster and better with even the simplest of Excel use. I want Sales Opportunities to actually be Projects, but BCM treats them both as separate issues, very frustrating. BCM still refuses to put Tasks straight into the Calendar! Why? Take a look at ACT and you'll see that everything happened IN the Calendar, meetings, calls and actions, furthermore these actions are all linked to the correct customer name or customer account and you can see it easily clearly right under the calendar on screen, not so in Outlook, lots of screen jumping to see the same info. Outlook has always run Tasks outside of the Calendar, Outlook 2007 improves by allowing you to see them alongside the Calendar but still not integrated INTO the Calendar. BCM doesn't improve on this. I have just uninstalled BCM and got my old Outlook 2007 back! What a relief, not only can I move around fast again and insert and extract data fast but my whole computer seems snappier. I'm not geek just a hard user, but that BCM SQL must have been one hell of a resource hog.
In summary: definitely upgrade from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 but do not install BCM, look elsewhere to any number of professional programs out there.
(the one star is for BCM, I'd give Outlook 2007 a full 5 stars on its own)

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Outlook 2007, 3 Feb 2009
L. Tyrrell (Buckingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (PC) (Software)
I like the new Microsoft Outlook 2007, as you can view everything under one document, it is nice to be able to see what tasks or appointmtents you have got for the day of the week, rather than having to make notes in another document. I would give this an excellent rating. Before purchasing this product I did ask advise from friends and also looked at other reviews given, and also checked out the price from various sources. Setting up the new software was very easy, and I especially like the idea of this system also having a junk filter installed from the start.

2.0 out of 5 stars FREEZE CRASH RE-INSTALL, 2 Jan 2009
Helpless "Helpless" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (PC) (Software)
Would be good if not so unreliable. Half the time it works, half the time is does not and needs re-installing. Sometimes allows access to your email servers and sometimes not. Went back to 'Thunderbird', no reliability issues and regular updates. And that program is free!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many calendars, 3 Sep 2009
margaretb (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (PC) (Software)
Very good on presentation, but very irritating on the creation of new calendars which are then used by any email on Windows Live. Useless if your phone synchronises to the main Outlook calendar. Seems to be designed for people who are working on a desktop on-line all day. If you're a mobile laptop user you may be better off sticking with Outlook 2003. Also insists on manual delete of deleted items file for additional email addreses.

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (PC)
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (PC) by Microsoft Software (Windows 2000 / 7 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: 80.00