4.0 out of 5 stars Ooh Shiny....
Usually I approach remixes with trepidation. In many cases I feel they add little to the song. At best they are an unrecognizeable mess of tempo thrown together by some dance artiste I feel I should have heard of and feel eternally ashamed that I haven't or they are filled with more padding than the wings of my first car.

This album is different. I feel here as...
Published on 3 Mar. 2008 by Lab Rat

1.0 out of 5 stars All Glitter, No Card. Tin-frapp
For many, what makes Goldfrapp special is its integration of intelligently-constructed harmonies, with imaginative, cleverly-worked electronic sound processing.

Published on 6 Jun. 2012 by Reader

4.0 out of 5 stars Ooh Shiny...., 3 Mar. 2008
Lab Rat (Bicester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Are Glitter (Audio CD)

This album is different. I feel here as if there has been some effort to keep the spirit of each song if not enhance it. Flaming Lip's take on Satin Chic alone is worth the price of admission not to mention one of my favs off the album Fly Me Away.

Recommended though I have a feeling it's going to be best appreciated by existing fans.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice change, 30 Oct. 2006
Orphelia Hellebuck (Ghent, Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Are Glitter (Audio CD)
it's nice after hearing their albums over and over again to hear this new approach. If you are already into Goldfrapp and a dance/electrolover you should find this album interesting

5.0 out of 5 stars Oddly brilliant!, 1 May 2014
This review is from: We Are Glitter (Audio CD)
This 'album' is a little strange as it does'nt really fall into any particular slot in the Goldfrapp back catalogue. It's a kind of experimental, almost transitional type collection of tracks that feel as if they (Goldfrapp) needed to get them out there but couldn't find a place on any album to accomodate.

Its mostly a set of remixes and some groovy unplugged tunes which, judging by some of the Goldfrapp purists, did'nt go down too well - possibly due to the too pop chart orientated direction they went a few years back.

However, i think for any avid fan it is a worthy addition to your collection - it certainly see's them in a more fun and versatile musical way than just being a one trick pony with their tried and trusted breathy, deep, melancholy style......an experiment which i think has helped stop them vanishing into obscurity with the same old, same old?

4.0 out of 5 stars At last, some of the vinyl only mixes on CD!, 6 Nov. 2006
M. B. Wilson "crushtrash" (Bristol) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Are Glitter (Audio CD)
I loved Supernature, even through the harshness of some of the production (akin to a demo occasionally). The choice of singles was slightly less satisfying however, apart from Ooh La La and White Horse. The label seemed to go for 'safe' rather than 'true' Goldfrapp (Slide In would've been a far better single than Number One, and even Satin Chic only made it as a b-side). But putting these little quibbles aside, this sensibly priced 'import' Compilation of remixes of the singles from the album, plus a couple of extras, is well worth getting, even if you bought all the UK CD singles! "Satin Chic" appears in two interesting forms, one only recently appearing on 7", and these two tracks, plus the Mum remixes, are the non-club content of this album. The rest are essentially 4:4, and generally include the best reworkings (apparently chosen by the band). The 13 minute DFA revamp of "Slide In" actually works far better in it's entirety than the CD vocal edit implied (I hated that, but quite like the way it veers off into instrumental for the last 6 minutes). The final track is the We Are Glitter band remix of their US hit Stripped Machine, and this mix has surfaced in UK before, but is a nice dubby closer. This album may seem a bit full-on at times, but if you're in the glam/kitsch electro party mood (complete with ups and downs) then this is a great soundtrack!

5.0 out of 5 stars fab !!!, 14 Sept. 2013
Mr. P. Williams (MERTHYR TYDFIL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Are Glitter (Audio CD)
stunning remix album , and in excellent condition, will definitely be visiting this supplier again, great value too, 5 stars for the album , 5 stars for the supplier

4.0 out of 5 stars Glittery, 14 April 2012
This review is from: We Are Glitter (Audio CD)
chose this as my first Goldfrapp album and now want more;)[[ASIN:B006JXW1CC The Singles] Quite clubby remixes at times but all good in their own way, Glittering!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 5 Feb. 2009
This review is from: We Are Glitter (Audio CD)
Absolutely great album. Strict Machine is the best - just like being at the recent concert I went to in Wolverhampton. Great.

1.0 out of 5 stars All Glitter, No Card. Tin-frapp, 6 Jun. 2012
This review is from: We Are Glitter (Audio CD)

What I found when listening to the tracks on 'We are Glitter' is a complete absence of scrunchy chord structures and far too much repetition of standard dance rhythms we've heard hundreds of times before ...ad nauseam. Goldfrapp samples and song structures may have been used, but 'Goldfrapp' this certainly ain't. ...If you want Goldfrapp, stick with Will Gregory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Sept. 2014
good album

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Nice album

We Are Glitter
We Are Glitter by Goldfrapp (Audio CD - 2008)