5.0 out of 5 stars A professional set with everything you could possibly need!
I had previously purchased a wahl set from someone else half price, they lasted ONE cut an died, i decided to risk it for a biscuit an buy wahl again as the reviews for these are good.

I have cut my hair 3 times now so i feel its safe to review.
Published on 3 Dec. 2008 by Voodoo Dave

3.0 out of 5 stars Wahl Chrome pro mains hair clipper set
Product is generally good for its purpose though I have a few issues using it. I frequently get cuts around my scalp each time I use it.From experience I attribute this to the tips of the blades which are too narrow. A less narrow tip won't exert so much pressure as to cut the skin.
Published on 5 Mar. 2009 by S. M. ANYAM

5.0 out of 5 stars A professional set with everything you could possibly need!, 3 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Wahl Chrome Pro Mains Hair Clipper Set & Instructional DVD 79524-800 (Personal Care)

I have cut my hair 3 times now so i feel its safe to review.
This is a fantastic set,there are a lot of attachments,oil,comb,scissors,the right an left ear taper are a nice touch, you even get a cape!!

The clipper feels great looks great an cuts great, there is a lever on the side which allows you to cut even closer but i don't use that, it really does a smart job of cutting hair,its quite light easy to use an changing attachments is really simple.

Start off with the longest then when you get to grips with it (which really does not take long to master) change to shorter,they say you should oil it every few cuts, i oiled mine after the first cut & i intend to put a little oil on it every 4/5 times of use.

it is normal 240v 3pin mains but the cable is an adequate length.

Would i recommend it...yes most definitely.

its fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Clippers, 23 April 2008
Mr. S. Williams (London) - See all my reviews
These clippers are great. They feel solid - they just have a quality feel to them. They do a perfect job of cutting my hair. My friend has been using these clippers (exactly the same model) for several years, and they've lasted well with no faults. A bargain at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product at a great price., 10 April 2012
Orinoco (Castilla La Mancha, Spain) - See all my reviews
After a succession of hair clipper disasters (a rubbish Philips cordless followed by a truly pathetic Babyliss for Men) I decided to go for a quality name with a mains adapter. I can't believe I didn't buy this product sooner. It comes with everything the home barber could possibly need; scissors, combs, brushes and of course the cutting attachments from Grade 1 right through to Grade 8, plus the side tapers. It's all packed into a sturdy black carry case and includes a barber's cape and an instructional DVD.

The chrome clipper itself is a decent weight (almost kalf a kilo, compared to 150g for the cordless Babyliss) and has a salon look about it. It feels solid and is really comfortable to hold whilst cutting. I've 3 young lads aged from 4 up to 9 and I spent about 10 to 15 minutes on each of their hair, one after another, and I can only assume that those customers complaining about vibrations have either not followed the instructions on calibrating the equipment (a 10 second job) or have been unfortunate enough to receive a faulty unit.

My hair is ridiculously thick, as is my eldest son's, we could stuff mattresses with it, it really is akin to horse hair, but these Wahl blades just sailed through it. I took it slowly to start with as previous clippers have snagged on almost every pass, which aside from being painful means you just want to get the job finished as soon as you can. These were actually a joy to use. I also bought the official Wahl clipper fluid Wahl Clipper Oil 4floz 3310 [Misc.] which, being a metric man I was quite take aback at how big it was considering it was less than 2 quid. (It must be 120ml or so, it should last me the best part of a decade.)

All in all a thoroughly good purchase and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product to anyone looking for a quality clipper that is well made, comfortable to hold and most importantly produces good results. At under 25 quid this is a steal.

Final note: Having been stung on my last 3 or 4 clipper purchases I took the time to read all the reviews here beforehand and, whilst this item does get 100+ 4 and 5 star reviews I was aware that perhaps 10% of purchasers were less than thrilled. I'm genuinely at a loss to explain their disappointment. It seems odd to me that a company with a reputation like Wahl's would knowingly send out such a high ratio of faulty stock and I have to wonder if every purchaser has taken the time to check the blade allignment and ensured they have adjusted the turn screw to ensure maximum performance for their household's voltage.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT FOR THE JOB, 4 Jan. 2009
Purchased my set from Olympic Sharvers Co Ltd via Amazon - incredibly speedy delivery! arrived just 2 working days later - most impressive.

The clippers have been used just the once but they seem to be very sturdy and I feel confident they will last a long time. The box is a bit cheaply made, but that is the only gripe I have. The DVD was helpful and after a quick view 'er indoors had her first go on me. Using a grade higher than I normally have as practice [the dog didn't seem keen to be experimented on] she moved on to my normal grade and the result was as good as my barber. The scissors were sharp and the gown was a useful addition.

She did an OK job overall and frankly as a barber where I live charges £10 a time, these clippers will pay for themselves inside a month or two. OK her knowledge of the last nights football was a bit weak and she had no appreciation of the latest new sat navs, but I can live with that!

UPDATE Feb 2015 OK, 6 years on and the clippers are still working just fine! We did buy a nicer barbers brush as the nylon one supplied was a bit harsh on the neck, but fine on the clippers, plus some clipper oil but you only need a couple of drops of it every few weeks. I reckon we have saved about £1500 in barbers charges and a lot of waiting time. Very happy with the purchase.
I don't think anyone who wants to do basic haircutting will go far wrong with this set...and even if you do, it'll grow back!

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars First time I ever cut my own hair., 6 July 2007
I wasnt sure how this was going to go. I choose this product as Ive seen most barbers using Wahl and presumed it'd be the right choice.

How right I was. I cut with the no.2 comb all over and it was easy, not a problem and Ive had compliments at the end result. Really I am delighted and I cant recommend this product anymore than this. Im a complete novice and lets be honest a crew cut is hardly the most complex but still you want a product that gives the same results as the barbers or why bother?

Well, no more barber trips for me. Ive gone straight to order some replacement combs, thats how sure I am going to be using this clipper for a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice solid clipper with good selection of accessories, 6 July 2008
Nice, sturdy, quality USA Wahl clipper. It has the reassuring buzz of the professional barber. Should last a lifetime (I hope). Good for all the reasons mentioned by other reviewers. Some of the accessories that I found useful/good might surprise you: the hair cape to protect your clothes, the sturdy plastic box that holds everything (packed full), DVD and instruction book, the left and right ear comb (wish that barbers would use these more), oil, little cleaning brush.

Negatives are minor: beginners, beware of the fader lever - start with with a comb 2-4 sizes larger than you are aiming for, I'm not kidding. The DVD is disappointing with dragged out intros & a small number of odd hairdos. Some simple general guidelines, shorter instructions and more styles would be useful. The booklet seems old fashion but in some ways better than the DVD and with a different approach. The number combs are all plastic, not the metal backed versions used by some pros. Coloured combs would speed up the selection process (available as an accessory & with some other models). Metal-backed coloured combs might be the ultimate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good clipper, constant power when required, 20 April 2009
Martin Boika (UK) - See all my reviews
I upgraded to this mians only Wahl clipper from a rechargable ceramic set as the power from the battery kept letting me down, even when constantly connected to the mains. I must say I am impressed with this Wahl replacement, it has solid quality feel and all the power I need on tap. I use it for both daily beard trimming and less frequently hair cutting. The Wahl does both jobs well aided by a comprehensive range of attachments that, contrary to some other reviews, are robust enough for normal use. However, you may get some breakages if attempting to shear sheep!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Proper Job!, 25 Feb. 2009
J. Kelly (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
Having bought similar product, which did not last very long, read the reviews about the Wahl Pro clipper, decided to purchase one, it was a pleasant surprise to find that it matched up to the reviews, me and the dog has got proper hair cuts now!!!!!!!!!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use and abuse, 7 April 2009
This Wahl Hair Clipper set was purchased for use in an orphanage in Nepal. The voltage control needed slight adjustment to provide optimum performance but the clippers were then used with a variety of different length attachments on over thirty heads in the first three days. The recipients of the haircuts were very pleased with the professional results obtained after the most cursory glimpse of the instructional DVD by the user. Of particular note was the sharp, clean cut of the clippers and the inclusion of the left and right taper attachments, which made styling over the ears a very simple operation. The cost of the clipper set has already has already been recouped and there are still 350 days left on the guarantee!! Excellent quality and excellent value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wahl Chrome pro mains hair clipper set, 5 Mar. 2009