5.0 out of 5 stars Never judge a book by its cover!
Published 2 months ago by C. Milner

2.0 out of 5 stars Sent it back
I wanted a clipper that would cut very close with ease after the demise of my old set. This one didn't cut as close, i found the width of the blade too small meaning it took more time to do. Also it nicked my skin a few times, never had this with my old clipper.

Published 7 months ago by MR C A MOTH

5.0 out of 5 stars Never judge a book by its cover!, 6 May 2014
C. Milner - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wahl Afro Baldfader Mains Hair Clipper Set (Personal Care)
I ordered these while half asleep as they were a good make / price. Imagine my surprise when I received them and read the box title 'wahl Afro bald fader' when I am actually a white man. So the intention was to post them back to amazon and get the other model at twice the price. However the dog managed to intercept the pre-paid postage label /box and receipt chewing them to pieces. So thought I'd give these clippers a go as I shave my head on a zero and wanted a cut as close to the head as possible. When you pick up the clippers they feel heavy, built to last and of excellent manufactured quality. They cut extremely close to the head which is what I wanted. I've had dozens of head clippers over the last 15 years and these are by far the best and sharpest. I highly recommend these and don't be put of if you don't have Afro hair as these are a brilliant buy. Oh and a note to other reviewers who complain about head cuts ...it is the users head shaving technique not the clippers that causes cuts....sharper the better!

5.0 out of 5 stars No more razzors for me, 1 April 2014
I am black and shaving has always been a problem for me. With this, shaving is a thing of the past. It cuts as close as I need it to and you can feel the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best home head shaver, 4 Feb 2014
These have been reviewed endlessly, simply because they are one of the best for home shaving of bald heads. Be careful in using it though as you could shave more than your hair off.

5.0 out of 5 stars waw what a hair cut, 31 Jan 2014
fantastic what a hair cut the closer to the skin the better in my case and it cuts like it's name fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant clippers, 29 Jan 2014
Brought these for my husband he thinks they are brilliant, best clippers he as ever used. Really good cut easy to use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sent it back, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Wahl Afro Baldfader Mains Hair Clipper Set (Personal Care)

As a result I sent this one back and managed to source another Remington SCC100 (highly reccomended for a close shave, though the battery's not so good but i leave mine plugged in during use)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 2 April 2013
Beautiful piece of machinery and very well engineered. Heavy to hold, feels like real quality. Can't grow my hair fast enough to get it shaved off again. Love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wahl Baldfader, 30 Oct 2012
Great professional clippers, nice colour. One thing, they tend to cut very close to the wood work so are good for balding but not fading. You'd need to get another per of clippers with adjustable blades in order to achieve a descent fade, but great have saved myself 10 a week on haircuts since getting a pair in July so they have paid for themselves over and over again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, if you have a few hours to spare., 26 Oct 2010
This review is from: Wahl Afro Baldfader Mains Hair Clipper Set (Personal Care)
The Baldfader does give quite a close finish eventually, but it takes so much time and effort that it's really not worth it. I found that I had to keep going over the same areas numerous times - very slowly and carefully. Any attempt to speed up the process resulted in a million nicks and cuts. If you're prepared to spend an hour or more a day cutting your hair, go ahead and purchase this item. I wasn't, and I've since switched to using a good quality rotary shaver on my scalp. I've found this takes less than half the time and is much closer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a clean cut, 1 Dec 2010
BP1 "BP1" (Leicestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wahl Afro Baldfader Mains Hair Clipper Set (Personal Care)
Although I went bald many years ago I have continued to go to my barber at a cost of 7-8 per time to get my hair cut as short as possible. Over the years I must have spent 100s so I decided to take the plunge and buy a set of clippers.
I read the reviews and bought this on the basis that it was going to be more flexible than the Wahl Balding model (because of the 1,2 and 4 grade attachments), cut almost as short (within 0.2mm) and cost 20 less. I've just had my first haircut with it. Before I set it up as per manufacturers instructions it was effective but slow and I got nicked once or twice and it was digging in a little. Once its set up it was great, no nicks, digs or anything and was quicker. It's a closer cut than my barber has ever done with his clippers and because the cut is so close it looks 'finished' without recourse to a razor - which was one of the things putting me off about normal clippers. For 25 I'm delighted. I hope you will be too.