4.0 out of 5 stars Certainly worth a watch
This is a really enjoyable film and if you're a fan of Ray Romano and Kevn James you'll love it. It takes about 25mins to get going, but once you've survived the first bit the film is a treat with loads of suprising plot twists and laugh out loud moments, that will keep you hooked until the end.
Well worth it, especially at this price.
Published on 10 Nov 2010 by Craig Taylor

1.0 out of 5 stars Grilled: undercooked on the inside, burnt on the outside.
Somebody (maybe even somebodies), somewhere, must have had a discussion along the lines of...

"...Hmmm new movie ideas... who could be the main characters? superheroes? No done that. Prisoners? Nope; been done. Racing car drivers? Boring! ... I know Meat salesmen!..."

Published on 14 July 2006 by wilco121

1.0 out of 5 stars Grilled: undercooked on the inside, burnt on the outside., 14 July 2006
wilco121 (A long time ago, In a galaxy far, far away) - See all my reviews

I will openly admit that yes, its true, it certainly is original, but I still cant quite fathom as to well "why"?

Those same scriptwriters would have continued the discussion as follows:

"...well lets make it a comedy, what could be the whole kudos of the movie, the underlying theme, the main comedy element?"

" I've got it! 2 meat salesmen... who just can't sell meat!"

"Genius!"

Hilarious. I really cant imagine why this went straight to dvd and skipped the cinema stage. Anyway, back to the scriptwriters...

"what about a mcguffin?"

"a what?"

" a mcguffin, a George Lucas expression for a plot driver. Something to push the whole film along"

"hmm, meat? No too obvious, I'm thinking something a little radical... a swingset".

And so this turkey of a movie was born (and no that's not a meat gag there). I'm not sure what I was expecting, but whatever it was, it was overrated in my mind. The 'plot' (note the inverted commas) was so scarce and slow that I cant even begin to think of a scarce and slow simile to describe it.

The acting was dire. ok I will give a slight nod and homage to Burt Reynolds who comes in for a small role at the end - but only a small role and only at the end! hang on, what was an established actor such as Burt Reynolds doing in this dire movie? Surely the bandit has higher self esteem? I guess there was bandit 2 to knock him off that pedestal. Anyway that's a sidetrack, and I haven't finished discussing Grilled yet.

There was no substance at all to this movie, by about 20 minutes in I didn't actually care what happened. I predicted the ending, what were the crucial scenes to be later repeated within the conclusion, and easily counted the ticks from the clichéd comedy handbook. To be honest the only entertainment I got out of the whole film was trying to place the actors from other appearances. "why its Gary from Friends..." "That's, erm ur erm that woman, Vince Vaughn's wife from Starsky & Hutch!" "and Toni, I'm sure I recognise him from CSI: investigates"

Overall verdict: not even the bandit can drag this above a 1 star. And if Amazon permitted it, it surely would be an all round johnny-no-stars. On the globally recognised scale of meat-themed films, a Fillet-mignon steak this is not! 'Grilled' really is a can of Spam!

In the words of famous, wise & enlightened sage, Yoda: "...avoid this movie you should, or demand 2 hours of your life back you will..."

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible film, 29 Sep 2010
This review is from: Grilled [DVD] (DVD)
purchased this as love kevin james and like ray in his sitcom,this film never got going and had a really slow script.i should imagine both actors want to forget this film.

2.0 out of 5 stars You don't have to chew it......, 29 July 2014
This review is from: Grilled [DVD] (DVD)
Maurice and Dave sell high-end cuts of meat, but they've hit a patch of no sales, and they're facing being fired.

Maurice needs money to enrol in his final semester of acupuncture school, and Dave needs money for his daughter's birthday.

Their final client, a beautiful woman opens the door, and they are about to seal the deal, but a desperate call from a suicidal friend interrupts her signing the contract.

Still hoping to close the sale, Maurice and Dave offer to drive her to the friend's house, and there, troubles multiply.

Facing guns, hit men, and women's secrets, a sale is the farthest thing from their minds......

A vehicle for two of the biggest names in American TV comedy at the time, it seems like it was a huge Mis-step having them star in a more adult orientated comedy, rather than a cutesy throwaway family comedy that would have at least been successful.

But they wanted to try something different, and while it works to some extent, you can see why the film is a complete mess.

There's no coherency to the plot or narrative, and we have James falling over all the time (because hey! Fat people are funny), and Romano trying to be the charming one, but he comes across as a complete creep.

Reynolds, Coates, and Lewis make up the great support, but all in all its a watchable mess.

Very undercooked.

4.0 out of 5 stars Certainly worth a watch, 10 Nov 2010
Craig Taylor (Scuthorpe, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Grilled [DVD] (DVD)
Well worth it, especially at this price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointing, 29 Oct 2010
This review is from: Grilled [DVD] (DVD)
I love "Mooseport" and I like "Everybody loves Raymond", so I was disappointed with this film. It's very average. Not one I want to watch again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much much better than expected, 23 Sep 2008
Mr. D. Fisher (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grilled [DVD] (DVD)
I was a bit unsure about this film, I'd read a bad review of it, but I decided to try it anyway, simply because I like the 2 actors in it.
It actually turned out to be a really good film and I enjoyed it a lot. It was funny and full of twists, I never knew what was going to happen next and the unpredictability was great.
It's the best film I've seen in a long while and I highly recommend it to anyone.

Grilled [DVD]
Grilled [DVD] by Donzaleigh Abernathy (DVD - 2006)
2.44