4.6 out of 5 stars1,859
Size: 15.6|Style Name: Clamshell - Classic|Change

on 8 March 2014
I got this to carry my laptop around university and to take it to lectures. For the price, this bag is absolutely amazing.

There are 2 zips which have a space to be locked together with a padlock if need be, once zipped open, there is a deep space for the laptop with a padded strap to keep it in place and a second velcro strap to really make sure it is kept in place. There is also a pocket to fit A4 paper documents. The front fold pocket has a smaller pocket in side which is big enough to hold bank cards etc, and small elastic bands to hold various pens etc. The carry strap is really sturdy and has a padded strap for comfort on the shoulder. Everything is perfect quality, I have used this for 7 months straight so far and nothing has come un-stitched or falling apart. On the bottom of the bag, there are small studs to protect it if it's put on the ground. I would actually pay a lot of money for a bag of this quality. It is superb and really strong. 100% would recommend for this price.
0Comment|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2013
When I started working about 6 miles from home I made the commitment to bike to work but I needed to transport a laptop, lunch and other bits to and from the office. My usual running/biking pack was the wrong shape for the laptop and other rucksacks I had didn't afford any back protection against the laptop case.

After looking around loads of different backpacks I decided to go for this one mainly because:

- I needed storage for other stuff in addition to the laptop
- I needed something that I could use when I wasn't on the bike i.e for train / plane commuting
- It needed to fit the laptop snugly as I tend to travel off-road wherever possible
- It needed to be durable due to the same off-road tendencies and was going to last

This pack ticked all of the boxes. I'm really pleased with the size and number of useful pockets which means I can store everything I need with easy access. There's the main pocket with padded laptop slot which takes my laptop and day book, a second large section which I use for lunch and change of clothes and you've still got the 3rd pocket for valuables, phones, cables etc. I've also taken it on a plane for a European commute and it fits inside the hand luggage dimensions easily. I've been using it daily for 3 months now and it still looks as smart as the day it arrived with no stretching or sagging of the material and the stitching is all still pristine.

The only thing I would suggest to improve it would be the addition of waist and chest clips to ensure it doesn't bounce around too much when going over bumps but this would make it less smart for more sedate commutes than mountain biking to work!
11 comment|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 June 2013
I'm now using this on my daily commute to London. A great executive backpack, well padded and light to carry. On balance I would have liked a bit more capacity. Once the laptop is inside it's hard to pack in anything else that is too bulky. If you want a backpack for overnight stuff as well I'd recommend something a little larger.
on 3 October 2013
I needed a bag to travel to and from university and also it needed to carry my laptop as well. This bag is perfect, honestly. It's not too bulky considering how much you can fit in it. I use the shallow pocket at the front for keys/headphones. The second pocket is big enough for pens, deodorant, laptop wires, usb sticks, a pencil case. It also has a handy netted pocket inside (this is what hold my usb sticks). The middle pocket holds my A4 folder and (currently) two A4 work books - this pocket also has a handy netted section in which I keep an A5 sized diary; don't misunderstand, this isn't all this pocket will hold, there's space for at least a few more books and also a folded jacket as well! The back pocket has the laptop sleeve, which is well padded on both sides and the bottom. There's also space in this back pocket for more books or other such items. Overall, the build quality is to a very high standard (as I expect from Targus) - The interior is a sort of camo green colour (not that this matters to me but some people may not like this). The straps and back of the bag are well padded and very comfortable to wear - and for me even a heavy load feels okay to lift as the bag spreads the weight (I don't know if this is intentional or not, it might just be me!) I thought the handle was in a bit of a weird place (it connects the two bag straps rather than sitting on the top of the bag) and I thought that its positioning would be uncomfortable, but so far it hasn't bothered me at all! There are probably other things I haven't mentioned, but overall I'm very happy with this bag and I'm sure it will last me my full 3 years at university and much longer! Definitely worth the money
on 29 December 2014
This bag is simply perfect.
First of all this bag is thee most comfortable bag I have ever worn. It had 3 pads of large cushyness goodness at the back of it which mold on to your back as you put it on. Then the ease of use... on each strap there is a cord which tightens to your liking. So you can now tighten your bag while you are wearing it. Lush.

Now, the most of important point of all. The bag is has an enormous amount of room in it. It's amazing. Its like bagception. There are pockets within pockets, within it pockets. The bag just holds everything. For the first time ever I can now carry my whole workstation in my bag. Heres what I carry in it:

15.6 Dell Inspiron 7000 series
13 inch Macbook Pro
iPad Air
Beats Solo 2
Tons of books and paper work
Deodorant and nice smelling spray
Shoe cleaner
Lint remover
2 XBOX ONE controllers with their respective wires
Pencil case
Business cards

And guess what... I think there is more.

The color scheme for the bag, black and green works quite well giving it a professional look. The quality is second to none and feels like it will protect my products.

If you're looking for perfection in a bag, this is it.
on 24 May 2012
A very handy backpack.
I holds everything... I use it as a Commuter bagpack or as a weekend light bag.
It has lot's of pockets.
Before choosing I did a bit digging around about moderately priced backpacks, and found some very useful videos on youtube, with people filling backpacks with "junk". After seeing the videos I decided by this one. Another reason for choosing is the eco-branding of this product and the inside pockets color, backpacks for laptops shouldn't be all black....

Update: Been Using it for about one year 70 % of the time.
Nothing teared. Good back support.
No complaints.
on 3 August 2015
This is THE best bag I've ever owned. I bought this for my third year as an Undergraduate student. I had to commute for an hour each way, every day to get to University, as well as then get to work afterwards. This thing is still going strong with only minor wear and tear on the shoulder straps which takes the form of rubbing wear and some slight misshaping from the weight they support - nothing major really.

A summary of main features:

• The bottle holder easily holds a 30cm circumference bottle.
• The laptop holder easily takes my 15inch macbook pro with a thick laptop case.
• The multitude of pockets have a lovely lining which fills me with confidence in wet and windy weather, as well as being able to withstand light impact from hustle and bustle of a commute.
• Shoulder strap adjustment is very easy and the back padding fits my back perfectly.
• Third pocket from the front gets most use (stores laptop charger, books, deodorant, and occasionally some food) and shows no signs of wear at all.
• With the laptop in, the main compartment (fourth from the front) has little room for much else but can easily fit in an A4 pad of paper or a folded waterproof top.
• The outer material feels similar to the synthetic motorbike gear such as gortex or other similar stuff - rugged and tough but light.

Some reviews state that the bag doesn't feel like it could take much of an impact on the bottom, and I would have to agree but I ALWAYS put my laptop in a nice thick case anyway so it's not a big deal. The bag does tend to want to fall forward when placed on the floor, which is a mild inconvenience at worst.

Just to put it in perspective, I've had this bag a while and it still feels and looks as good as when it was first purchased. The first bag I used for Uni was severely beaten and almost useless after the first year - it was a hiking backpack!
on 24 May 2013
Item arrived within 1 day and is just what I need - perfect size for my 15.6 in laptop, well padded with plenty of room for my kindle and looks good so my grandson will be quite happy to carry it.
on 19 December 2012
This product is exactly what we were looking for. It fits nice and snug and is well cushioned and has lots of seperate compartments for different things and a nice long handle for long journeys.

Would reccomend this product to anyone with a laptop.
on 22 February 2013
My husband likes it,that's what matters. Functional and looks good. Love the fact the fabric made from is recycled products.