5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag
Published 17 months ago by Jay Fisher

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice back pack - but . . . .
I bought one of these in early April to replace an older Targus that had given up after 3 yrs.
I was very happy with its fit, capacity, layout and apparent ruggedness, but here we are in early June, and the stitching on the right shoulder strap, where the mesh outer covers the end of the tensioning strap, has failed, and the whole assembly begun to unravel. I don't...
Published 8 months ago by Stonker

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, 3 Oct. 2013
I needed a bag to travel to and from university and also it needed to carry my laptop as well. This bag is perfect, honestly. It's not too bulky considering how much you can fit in it. I use the shallow pocket at the front for keys/headphones. The second pocket is big enough for pens, deodorant, laptop wires, usb sticks, a pencil case. It also has a handy netted pocket inside (this is what hold my usb sticks). The middle pocket holds my A4 folder and (currently) two A4 work books - this pocket also has a handy netted section in which I keep an A5 sized diary; don't misunderstand, this isn't all this pocket will hold, there's space for at least a few more books and also a folded jacket as well! The back pocket has the laptop sleeve, which is well padded on both sides and the bottom. There's also space in this back pocket for more books or other such items. Overall, the build quality is to a very high standard (as I expect from Targus) - The interior is a sort of camo green colour (not that this matters to me but some people may not like this). The straps and back of the bag are well padded and very comfortable to wear - and for me even a heavy load feels okay to lift as the bag spreads the weight (I don't know if this is intentional or not, it might just be me!) I thought the handle was in a bit of a weird place (it connects the two bag straps rather than sitting on the top of the bag) and I thought that its positioning would be uncomfortable, but so far it hasn't bothered me at all! There are probably other things I haven't mentioned, but overall I'm very happy with this bag and I'm sure it will last me my full 3 years at university and much longer! Definitely worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Great luggage for a bike commute and not too expensive, 24 July 2013
When I started working about 6 miles from home I made the commitment to bike to work but I needed to transport a laptop, lunch and other bits to and from the office. My usual running/biking pack was the wrong shape for the laptop and other rucksacks I had didn't afford any back protection against the laptop case.

After looking around loads of different backpacks I decided to go for this one mainly because:

- I needed storage for other stuff in addition to the laptop
- I needed something that I could use when I wasn't on the bike i.e for train / plane commuting
- It needed to fit the laptop snugly as I tend to travel off-road wherever possible
- It needed to be durable due to the same off-road tendencies and was going to last

This pack ticked all of the boxes. I'm really pleased with the size and number of useful pockets which means I can store everything I need with easy access. There's the main pocket with padded laptop slot which takes my laptop and day book, a second large section which I use for lunch and change of clothes and you've still got the 3rd pocket for valuables, phones, cables etc. I've also taken it on a plane for a European commute and it fits inside the hand luggage dimensions easily. I've been using it daily for 3 months now and it still looks as smart as the day it arrived with no stretching or sagging of the material and the stitching is all still pristine.

The only thing I would suggest to improve it would be the addition of waist and chest clips to ensure it doesn't bounce around too much when going over bumps but this would make it less smart for more sedate commutes than mountain biking to work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Targus TAR300 Classic Laptop Bag Case fits 15" - 15.6" - Black (Accessory)
I got this to carry my laptop around university and to take it to lectures. For the price, this bag is absolutely amazing.

There are 2 zips which have a space to be locked together with a padlock if need be, once zipped open, there is a deep space for the laptop with a padded strap to keep it in place and a second velcro strap to really make sure it is kept in place. There is also a pocket to fit A4 paper documents. The front fold pocket has a smaller pocket in side which is big enough to hold bank cards etc, and small elastic bands to hold various pens etc. The carry strap is really sturdy and has a padded strap for comfort on the shoulder. Everything is perfect quality, I have used this for 7 months straight so far and nothing has come un-stitched or falling apart. On the bottom of the bag, there are small studs to protect it if it's put on the ground. I would actually pay a lot of money for a bag of this quality. It is superb and really strong. 100% would recommend for this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, 19 Dec. 2012
This product is exactly what we were looking for. It fits nice and snug and is well cushioned and has lots of seperate compartments for different things and a nice long handle for long journeys.

Would reccomend this product to anyone with a laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little bag, 26 Feb. 2014
This bag is so much better than I expected - especially considering the price. It has a velcro strap inside to secure laptop and different compartments - pen holders - and smaller zip pocket on front of bag.
It has a sturdy carry handle and a shoulder strap to attach.
Some expensive laptop bags I've had have been thicker padded but this bags padding is ok for the job.
Overall I consider it excellent value for money and perfect for its purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars A durable, lightweight bag that is great for a developer on the go, 18 Aug. 2013
I really like this rucksack for many reasons:

* It is relatively light and feels very comfortable on my back, event with 2 laptops, a tablet and other stuff. The rucksack seems to help distribute the weight well.

* It looks good. The black outer shell is tasteful and simple with a few touches of green to match the interior colour.

* Its made from recycled material and has been assembled with a high degree of quality.

* 4 different compartments means its great for organising stuff.

- The back compartment is designed to hold 1 laptop completely padded. This section has room to hold two laptops, although you will want to add a little extra padding at the bottom of the rucksack for the second one, or add a padded sleeve if you want to be sure.

- The middle compartment is great for holding a lot of paperwork, books or clothes. There is a large mesh pocket to separate cables, socks or toiletries.

- The front section is more of an organiser section. There is room for business cards, pens and other small items.

- The very front section is just a pocket, useful for things you want to get at quickly.

Things that I didnt like so much:

* There is only one side holder on the back that can hold a bottle of water, however it is expandable and should hold very large bottles so its not the problem I first thought. The pocket on the other side is useful however for holding a music player and there is a slot to pass through a cable for headphones and still keep the pocket zipped up.

Overall there is a good amount of space and the bag is of good quality. It is a great bag for a developer or student on the go. It would be good for a trip away for a few days or a long weekend.

Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light and sturdy - nice design, 1 Jun. 2013
I'm now using this on my daily commute to London. A great executive backpack, well padded and light to carry. On balance I would have liked a bit more capacity. Once the laptop is inside it's hard to pack in anything else that is too bulky. If you want a backpack for overnight stuff as well I'd recommend something a little larger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice backpack!, 24 May 2012
A very handy backpack.
I holds everything... I use it as a Commuter bagpack or as a weekend light bag.
It has lot's of pockets.
Before choosing I did a bit digging around about moderately priced backpacks, and found some very useful videos on youtube, with people filling backpacks with "junk". After seeing the videos I decided by this one. Another reason for choosing is the eco-branding of this product and the inside pockets color, backpacks for laptops shouldn't be all black....

Update: Been Using it for about one year 70 % of the time.
Nothing teared. Good back support.
No complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Targus Case., 13 July 2012
For the price this is more than adequate to carry your laptop. Possibly not quite as durable as more expensive bags/cases but time will tell on that score.
Sufficient pockets and storage to accomodate mains lead/charger and other bits and pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaks the laws of Gravity also KEY HOOK, 3 Jan. 2015
I bought this bag to accommodate for my new laptop. As I did not have much money left, I bought this bag. I expected it to be horrible on the eye and with little features.

I WAS VERY WRONG!
This bag is extremely good value for money! With a front pocket for things like laptop chargers, the next pocket for stationary and keys. It has a key hook! Now I never spend time in the cold searching my bag frantically for keys, I love it!

I have enough room for 3 A4 small folders and a laptop with this bag! Plus a diary, work books ect.
All my things in my old bag weighed about the same as my new bag with the laptop inside! It's either they have broke the laws of Gravity with this bag or the bag is designed extremely well!

Overall this bag is FANTASTIC and I EXTREMELY recommend it.

TLDR:
Pros: Great Value for money, Fits all my things, KEY HOOK, feels quite light to wear when packed compared to other bags, All the ladies want me and my bag.
Cons: Some males also want me and my bag.