5.0 out of 5 stars The best
Published on 29 Dec 2008 by Bluebell

3.0 out of 5 stars okay but expensive for what it is
nice pressure cooker but very expensive for what it is, a pan with a lid.
Published 3 months ago by sandy

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 29 Dec 2008
Bluebell (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon Duromatic Inox Pressure Cooker (20cm), 3.5 Litre (Kitchen & Home)
I am a devotee of pressure cookers. I've used pressure cookers for over 40 years (I started young!) and think that this brand is the best. I have 3 small and 3 large (tall) ones that cover small and large quantities. I've still use one of this brand I bought 30 years ago. I cook virtually all vegetables that are normally cooked in water/stock in pressure cookers. If I can give a tip from long experience, don't put the veg on the shallow trivet supplied with the cooker, instead use a steamer basket that that lifts the veg well above the level of the water as this ensures that your vegetables are effectively steamed quickly and don't get soggy. Things like cabbage, cauliflower, potatoes and swede are much nicer done this way than when boiled in water. Floury potatoes for mash aren't soggy and fluff up beautifully when mashed.
Another benefit, is that once the pressure has been released, the veg can sit on the trivet above the hot water to keep warm until served without spoiling.
Suet puddings, such as steak and kidney, cook much more quickly than merely immersed in simmering water as do dried beans and cereals such as barley.
The only caveat to pressure-cooking is that timing is of the essence. You need to use timers with minutes and seconds. For example, broccoli florets need less than a minute (depending on taste) after full pressure is reached.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 7 Dec 2007
P. BALCON "Star Gazer" (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
It's the bottom of their range, but it's still seriously good. Beautifully made and does the job. Much friendlier to use than my old Prestige Hi-Dome, and easy to keep clean. That about covers it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 24 Dec 2011
A couple of years ago I bought a WMF pressure cooker. I have always had problems with it losing steam through the gasket in the lid, so I decided to replace it with a Kuhn Rikon. It looks good, is not too heavy, but the main thing is that it is completely steam tight. I have seen many pressure cookers over the years and they all leak some steam but this one is the exception. It means that it is totally quiet and you finish cooking with exactly the same volume of liquid as you started. A remarkable performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for beginners/ cooking for few people, 12 Oct 2011
This is the first pressure cooker I've bought for myself cos I'm just loving the sleek design. my mother has been using kuhn rikon since before I was born and they design amazing products. Though a bit more pricey than other brands, I'm assured by her kuhn rikon pots that have lasted decades, the quality is amazing.
I cook mostly only for myself, about 2 to 3 portions at a go, and this is so easy to use. Although pots with long handles take up a bit more space, I prefer pressure cookers to have the long handle cos its effortless to slide it open.

Extremely time and energy saving, especially for soups. The normal way to make a soup requires getting the liquid boiling then keeping it on low heat for a long time, but since I use an electrical hob, I turn it to the maximum to quickly build up pressure, then turn the stove off when I think its about to reach the pressure I want, the remaining heat keeps the pressure up and my soup cooking. Not only is this energy saving, I can safely leave the pot by itself in the kitchen because the stove is off and water won't over boil or need any topping up of liquids.

probably a bit more troublesome to wash than an average pot, but I've heard that its easier to keep this model of Kuhn rikon clean than other pressure cookers cos of the removable "cap".

There are many places online that I can find this cooker, but this particular model is really a worthy investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this little Pressure Cooker, 7 May 2014
A. Smith (Lancs, England) - See all my reviews
Good quality built, small but big enough for 2.

This is the first Pressure Cooker I use, because I've been scared of the old style pressure cooker in the 80s. I thought it would be difficult to use, how wrong was I, it is very easy - the user manual is well written, how to use it and also giving guide times for different ingredients.

So far I've cooked different vegetables - potatoes, carrots, kale, broccoli, etc; and find that the veg are softer than I would like, so I jotted down less time on the manual so the next time they were perfect for me. I've also cooked oxtail, chicken and beef joint, and very happy with the result.

I am particularly happy with how much faster it cooks compared to normal or slow cooking. I've saved time as well as money as I use less gas for my cooking. I should've used this pressure cooker years ago!

I have since bought a larger (28cm 8ltr) Kuhn Rikon to cook larger meals.

One niggle - It's a bit difficult to keep this beauty spotless, but I still give it 5 star for the performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement Pan, 8 Dec 2012
We loved our little pressure cooker but it ran out of time. Unable to get replacement parts we opted for this, GOOD choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 Feb 2013
Hana Smith "hanka_s6" (UK) - See all my reviews
Ok you get what you pay for but this cooker is so great and easy to use. It is my first pressure cooker and I use it about 3 times a week to cook beans for my vegan diet. They come perfect in 12 minutes rather than an hour if I cook it just in normal pan. Looks stylish too

5.0 out of 5 stars The Kuhn Rikon Pressure Cooker, 22 Nov 2012
I made a stew in this pressure cooker and because there was no steam escaping and no hissing coming from it , I thought it wasn't working. After twenty minutes time, I let the pressure down quickly and lo and behold - it was cooked perfectly!
I am a very satisfied customer with the Kuhn Rikon pressure cooker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 29 Dec 2013
The best pressure cooker I have used so far, everything cooks really well when you have a timer in place otherwise you will over cook your food. it is easy to clean and yes I would recommend this cooker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I got it!, 10 Oct 2013
This works like a charm. I can't give much detail because it's just arrived, but cooking whole beetroots in 20 minutes was a great relief. Such a time saver!

Kuhn Rikon Duromatic Inox Pressure Cooker (20cm), 3.5 Litre