5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, love it, love it.
Published on 23 Aug 2007 by K. A. Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Excelent for pilates, but not for weight loss.
Excellent dvd for pilates. The excercises are deceptively challenging and the sequence of movements flow nicely into each other. Have bought 3 other yoga & pilates dvds, but like this one the best because of the excercises she chooses.

Published on 1 Nov 2009 by M. Stevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, love it, love it., 23 Aug 2007
This review is from: Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
This was the first yogalates dvd I have owned and it is fantastic. My favourite part is the instant abs section. At just over 10 mins you dont even feel like you are working out, but boy, do you feel it. After the first two sessions, even when I was breathing, or just moving in bed, I could feel my waist and stomach muscles had had a good workout. It is so quick and easy you can fit it in every day. The other two parts of the workout are just as effective and you do get used to her voice! (Eventually). I would buy this dvd alone just for the abs workout. Believe me it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 May 2009
Eleanor Dalton (Notts UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
I had high expectations with this DVD because of all the 5star ratings it had, and it has surpassed them by far!

Yesterday I tried another fitness DVD which was labelled for beginners and I couldn't even manage the first 30 minutes. With this one, not only did I get through the whole routine, but I felt so relaxed and ready for the day ahead it was unbelievable. Obviously I can't tell you if it has aided any weight loss yet but I will definately update in 1 or 2 months time and explain whether or not it has worked for me.

What I can tell you right now is that I ache in some extraordinary places. My thighs feel really well worked out and my waist feels fantastic.

The workout doesn't have any background music, which I think aids with the relaxation and breathing, and also, if you exersise first thing in the morning when the rest of your family is still asleep, it doesn't wake them up!

It's recommended that you take a couple of walks a week alongside the 3 times a week routine. This routine is so good however, that I'm considering doing it 5 times a week. If you are short for time, you can pick one workout over another, and work them alternate days, each routine varies from 15 mins to about 30ish.

I'm so pleased I'm buying some more yogalates DVDs.

(Oh and for those complaining about her voice/accent/pronounciation: if you are serious about losing weight and getting toned etc, what does it matter? Yes it can be a little annoying but I'm sure some people would find our accents annoying too? I find her calm and quiet voice to be very soothing myself).

EDIT: After four weeks I have lost two pounds in weight but the difference in my body is astounding. My legs, bum, back and arms have toned up so much! I can feel my stomach muscles are tighter I just cannot shift the fat from that area (because I am not on a diet). It also has greatly reduced the frequent pain I was getting in my hips and lower back. I'm so happy I bought this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you feel good and works too!, 18 Jun 2007
This review is from: Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
I have a few of Louise Solomon's DVD's and have kept buying because I am SO happy with them.

This particular weight loss DVD has 3 sections - Core Toning (mainly top half and Abs), Cardio Enhancer (mainly bum and thighs) and relaxation together with an extra Abs work out which goes for just over 10 minutes and so is perfect for when you're time poor.

What I love about these yogalates workouts is that they don't at first appear challenging and, in fact, I feel very relaxed and find them almost hypnotic - Louise Solomon has a very soothing voice which could at first be considered a bit of a put off but, after a stressed full-on day, I want somebody who makes me feel good about myself!

Aside from being relaxing though, and most importantly, I definitely see a distinct change in my body and my attitude and I lost 4cms around my waist in a week!

Not sure how she pulled that off but it's given me the incentive to keep at it and the amazing most incredible thing is that I am even looking forward to doing it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!, 28 Nov 2008
This review is from: Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
I have never been inspired to write a review before but I think that this Yogalates DVD is absolutely fantastic. I have been wanting a workout along the lines of yoga, not complicated but not too gentle that it is boring.I have done yoga in the past and I am familiar with the postures they do but I did not want something too basic or gentle. I have also not practiced yoga for a while either and I found the workouts challenging in the sense of making me feel like it was working out my body but not overly strenuous and they do make recommendations for alternative postures if the ones to aspire to are a bit too ambitious for someone new and I finished the DVD feeling excited that I had found it and that I couldn't wait until I could do it again knowing that if I kept it up it would definetly have a great result on toning and strengthening my body. I highly recommend this DVD. And I am now back on Amazon looking to buy more of the Yogalates series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holistic workout that delivers results, 10 Jan 2008
Ms. E. Flint (South West UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
Louise Solomon has taken the best of yoga and pilates and combined them to give a workout that manages to relax and invigorate body and mind. She emphasises listening to your body and taking things carefully. I was very impressed with the way Louise guides you slowly through the movement until, before you know it, you are doing effective, controlled core work.

This video helped me to get in shape over a couple of months and I still do it once a week or so. I always feel taller the next day and notice that my tummy is flatter than usual! Good when you want a "skinny jeans" day.

I also appreciated the lack of music and the calming delivery. Sometimes yoga and pilates DVDs are smothered in panpipes and soft focus; this video strikes a good balance between relaxation and practical instruction.

If you enjoy the spiritual and meditative aspects of yoga, there is something here for you, too. The relaxation section, which is well worth doing, includes yogic breathing exercises. Louise occasionally refers to crown and heart centres during the workouts, ending each session with a gentle bow and Namaste. Again she strikes a nice balance between respect for the spiritual tradition of Yoga and modern day practicality.

I have bought several Yogalates DVDs on the strength of this one, and while they all have a lot to offer, this one is still my favourite. Clearly a lot of care and thought has gone into this product. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Little movements but effective, 3 Jan 2007
This review is from: Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is divided into 2 workouts, Core toning which is mainly upperbody and abs; and then Cardio enhancer which is more butt and legs; a relaxation section and a short but intensive abs workout. The layout means that you can do a short workout or a longer one depending on time contraints.

I have previewed and have done this workout a couple of times and really do feel it in my abs the next day. Like all pilates DVDs it won't get you really hot and sweaty but i think the movements will help to tone and sculpt my body esp abs.

I will definitely be holding onto this DVD.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love Louise!, 29 Aug 2008
L. Bell (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
This is my second Yogalates dvd and it is definitely completely different from the other one I have (ultimate Yogalates) but I enjoy it just as much!

I love Louise's voice and find it relaxing. I also love the fact it has the added little 10 minutes Abs section for when you want to do a little bit more after your work out. (but make sure you stretch out after cus otherwise you are going to feel it the next day!!!)

The thing about Yogalates is that you can make it as hard as you want to make it by how deeply you breathe, if you are really breathing deep you can really feel it in your stomach. At first the first work out seemed easy to me until i started to breathe deeper in this section and then you can really feel it again.

I love yogalates and I also love the fact her daughter is in the dvd as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loving Yogalates, 18 Mar 2007
This review is from: Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
I have been looking for a good yoga dvd for a while so I decided to give this one a go. It has 3 sections - Core Toning, Cardio Enhancer and relaxation. There is also the extra section for an Abs work out. Overall this is a good yoga workout and as it is for weight loss it's a slightly more intense than a normal yoga workout which I found good. The Abs section is good also as it has some quick and easy exercises to tone up your waist.

This workout doesn't make you sweat but I enjoyed it as I felt stretched and relaxed at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great all rounder, 23 Jan 2008
S. Begum (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
i always wanted to try yoga and pilates so this is my first time that i have tried this. i have been using this 4 times a week for three weeks so far and i have to say the results are good. everyday my waist and belly look firmer and smaller.the workouts are gentle but effective. you just have to get the hang of breathing properly.I would reccomend this to anyone like me who has an aversion to aerobics excercises and sweating it out in the gym!

3.0 out of 5 stars Excelent for pilates, but not for weight loss., 1 Nov 2009
This review is from: Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)

The instructor is excellent - A ridiculous amount of reviews complain about her voice. These are just being petty (bordering on xenophobic!).....we all have an accent! She is very calm & clear and explains the benefits of the moves without talking too much.

The reason for the lower rating is purely because of the lack of weightloss. I am a size 12. It advises doing the dvd 3 times a week for 28days. I have just done it 5 times a week (doing the abs section twice most days), combined with a sensible diet for 30 days, and as yet, no weight loss. Maybe, underneath the wobbly tummy there is a set of fab abs!!! but I have not lost any weight, inches or dress sizes as reported by other reviewers.

Despite this, would still recommend this dvd as an excellent pilates dvd for the stretching, relaxing etc benefits of pilates, just not for weight loss.

As I like the exercises in this dvd and due to the report of weight loss by so many other reviewers, I plan to persevere with this dvd for 2 more months. Will update my review then, if any weight loss occurs.

Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD]