5.0 out of 5 stars Hesitating? Don't . . . . .
Published on 23 May 2008 by David Walton

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading description
Published on 30 Jun 2008 by J. Marchant

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading description, 30 Jun 2008
J. Marchant (Scotland) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Snazaroo Face Paint Palette Kit, Rainbow - Unisex (Misc.)
I am left feeling slightly disappointed after receiving this product. Amazon's description leaves a lot to be desired, firstly by stating that the paints come in 18ml pots when in actual fact you receive only 2ml of each colour. So for anyone else who is contemplating buying the product here is a decent description of what you will receive, if you know this in advance then you shouldn't be disappointed as overall it's still a fairly good buy.

1 plastic palette containing 8 x 2ml portions of face paint
Colours - Yellow, Purple, Pink, Red, Green, Blue, White & Black
1 x sponge
1 x small paint brush
1 x plastic lid for covering palette
1 x step-by-step face painting guide including 17 step-by-step guides to painting various faces (ranging from flowers & hearts to tigers & pirates, & also seasonal faces such as a witch & dracula for hallowe'en

This is ideal as a kit for our toddlers party, but would probably be quite insufficient if you want to use it on a number of occassions or indeed professionally. I would be far more inclined to buy individual 18ml pots as they provide a larger surface area to get your sponge in & come with individual lids to cover & keep the paint from drying out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hesitating? Don't . . . . ., 23 May 2008
David Walton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snazaroo Face Paint Palette Kit, Rainbow - Unisex (Misc.)
When I was viewing this product I was deciding between this "well known" brand or to pick up a couple of cheap sets from a shop in town. I did decide on this set and have painted over 30 faces in the past two days. It is a fab starter kit with 6 basic colours in, a good brush and a good sponge which has allowed me as a novice with no previous experience paint faces with ease. It is a good set to buy and to built upon. I will now buy some glitter to add and a few more brushes.

Definatly go for it, it slicks on fabously and looks great. Good bold colours which look as good on the child as they look in the pot. Also really honestly will last forever. It says 50 faces on the box but I can only presume they mean 50 fun block coloured detailed faces. I think it's going to last me forever and I'm pleased with my choice. I feel it is great value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab facepaints but Snazaroo Party Pack is better value for money!, 25 April 2009
Shopaholic (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Snazaroo Face Paint Palette Kit, Rainbow - Unisex (Misc.)
Great facepaints, although I would recommend buying the Snazaroo Party Pack instead as it is only a couple of pounds more expensive and has a bigger selection of colours, glitter gel etc. in it - better value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Information about kit, 18 Jun 2011
This review is from: Snazaroo Face Paint Palette Kit, Rainbow - Unisex (Misc.)
I have been recently interested in getting involved with face painting after seeing people do it at fates and at my local church. I am 17 and study childcare at college so thought that face painting would become very useful!!!

I wasn't sure whether to by individual items separately or to go for a kit! Or what exactly would be best value for money.

What I didn't realise was that the instructions in all the starter kits are exactly the same, the only difference is the paint colours in the kit which overlap a fair bit, the only difference from the 'rainbow face' and the 'wild faces' being the wild faces has 2 colour browns instead of the pink and the purple in the rainbow one. You have to do a fair bit of mixing to get the colours you want.

Therefore I suggest when buying these type of kits you consider the colours in them more than anything else, its probably a good idea to buy one kit and then build from that rather then buying 1 or more of the kits and wasting your money!

Hope this is helpful!

xx

4.0 out of 5 stars face paints, 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: Snazaroo Face Paint Palette Kit, Rainbow - Unisex (Misc.)
bought this for my 5 year old daughter, she loves it, painted all the family's faces on christmas day without making a mess, ordered more from snazaroo with glitter in this time, the colours were basic but sufficient for a first set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill easy to use, best on the market TRIED AND TESTED, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Snazaroo Face Paint Palette Kit, Rainbow - Unisex (Misc.)
These paints are by far the best to use for all kinds of face painting. The technique book is also a good help. We used this to do our face painting at an event to fundraise and were non-stop with customers !!! (: Use in conjunction with the brushes give fab results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality face paints, made my 1st attempt look really good!, 8 July 2011
Angela (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Snazaroo Face Paint Palette Kit, Rainbow - Unisex (Misc.)
Fantastic product. I'd never done face painting before and was really pleased with the results (as was my little girl!) I felt confident that the products were kind to the skin and the brush and sponge made application really easy. All wiped off really easily and it looks like they'll last a good while, too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter pack, 18 Jan 2012
This review is from: Snazaroo Face Paint Palette Kit, Rainbow - Unisex (Misc.)
This is a good face painting kit if you just want to do the occasional face painting at home. The paints are good quality and easy to apply. My only disappointment is with the book that comes with it. I had assumed that the book would be made up of faces that could be painted with the kit, but a lot of the ones for girls need glitter paint which does not come with this set or need colours that are not in the pack (e.g. turquoise). The book suggests that you can simply mix the paints, but I am stuggling a little with this as the paints are hard - it's not like you can squeeze the paints into a palette until you get the right colour. Hopefully I will find this easier with more practice. My little girl has loved having her face painted however and, for that reason,I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Snazaroo Face Paint Palette Kit, Rainbow - Unisex (Misc.)
Good! Kids loved it, and the book was useful for some facepainting ideas. Have used on many different occasions and would reccomend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Snazaroo Face Paint Palette Kit, Rainbow - Unisex (Misc.)
Nice product. I got this with the mini starter kit for additional colours. Not suitable when large quantity of the same colour us required.