5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME ALBUM!, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Namesake (Audio CD)
The soundtrack to this film "Namesake" is really good. Great contrasts of different types and genre of music. Bengali, Hindi, English, European. I really like it anyway. Mira Nair found ways to link each song to New York and Calcutta. Very visual, colourful, vibrant music. It is a really nice mixture. Nitin Sawney composer of album. [[ASIN:B000H5VF2K Namesake]

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my God!, 21 April 2007
This review is from: Namesake (Audio CD)
A CD like this is one I have been waiting for, for such a long time, possibly my whole life. A luscious blend of guitar, flute, violin and various other Indian instruments taking its lead from a mystical divine Indian vibration. Of course I think the fact I am Indian helps me enjoy this more, as I feel the vibrations of my motherland encapture me and lift me away to a state of bliss. This is for the first three tracks where Nitin Sawhney shows his talent.

Track 4 is an old indian classical song - that is better than the usual but not up my sleeve.

Track 5 is OK. A trance like mix - in fact it can get a bit boring as its fairly repetitive. Though I am fond of Indian blended trance. But I am fussy - I cannot stand repetitiveness unless what is being repetitive is out of this world.

Track 6 - Oh my God we are back again - LIFT OFF! Nitin Sawhney showing off his stuff -

Track 7 - Oh no - sounds evil as its the part in the movie where Mo is caught or is having an affair!

Track 8 - Farewell Ashok - back to the bliss! Nitin Sawhney's peaceful composition

Track 9 - Lovely - as above.

I have not finished this review but I will come back to it when I get time - I have to get back to work now

Namesake
Namesake by Nitin Sawhney (Audio CD - 2007)