on 17 November 2009
I used to take a flask of hot water and a plastic measuring jug out and about to warm my babies milk. I was quite excited to think that someone must have done the same and then designed the idea as a product that is far easier to carry around. When I bought it I did wonder how long the water would stay hot for. There was no indication on the packaging and some flasks I know from experience barely keep water hot for more than a couple of hours. However, I took this flask out last week, filled it in the morning - just in case I couldn't get home in time for the next feed. I didn't need to use it, but when I came to empty it 6.1/2 hours later it was still hot, not too hot that I couldn't put my finger in, but hot enough to make me take my finger out within a few seconds. I used the water to sucessfully heat up a 4 oz feed from room temperature water taking only a two/three minutes. The water would have been too hot to use to make up a feed without having to cool it down a for baby to drink.

I can see that it is not as ideal for the fatter feed bottles but they do fit. I have one 9 oz wide neck Tommee Tippee bottle which does go in. It stops halfway down and you need to use the full flask of water to heat it up and allow it to float just enough that it does not stick to the sides so you can lift it out. Of course if you have the thinner bottles, I use the Avent bottles, these do sit on the bottom and you don't need to use as much water, leaving some left in the flask to heat up another bottle later.
on 10 March 2008
Having previously bought an electronic bottle warmer which now sits unused beside my bed, this Fisher Price flask is absolutely perfect! Bottles can be warmed much more quickly than in the electronic warmers (I have the Avent Phillips IQ one) and for an impatient baby at 3am this is critical. It has a very clever pouring design which makes preparing feeds so much easier. It not only makes life easy at nighttime feeds, but during the day I throw the flask into the shopping bag part of my pram/buggy and off I go - no more relying on kind waiters in coffee shops to give me a cup of boiling water! Its great; and a great price too.
55 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2009
I bought this recently and had to take it back. I have Tommpie tippee closer to nature bottles and they don't fit at all. Just be careful before buying as it doesn't fit all bottles.

Lisa
on 27 October 2014
Couldn't llive without it. Great for making feeds up at right temp when out and about. Simply fill bottle to half way point of feed level with cooled boiled water and fill flask with boiling water and top up for perfect temp feed when out :)
on 23 June 2008
This is a great help for taking out with baby for feeding time. You can simply heat the ready made bottle or you can make up the bottle with boiled water from the flask. Very handy to pop into changing bag and have piece of mind, as alot of places don't warm bottles any more. Would highly recommend this. Keeps water really hot for a long period of time. Never thought to use as bedside bottle warmer at night, what a great idea!
on 28 July 2010
This bottle warmer is great and takes the stress away from wondering if the cafe/restaurant will heat a feed for you or you just don't want to wait for the water to arrive when the staff are busy.
The water stays VERY hot, is enough for a couple of bottles and the flask has never leaked once.
For anyone who hasn't seen the product, it's a flask with a large blue plastic "beaker" which stores together. There's a button to press to release the water, so no fiddling with unscrewing the top of the flask and less risk of burning yourself like a regular flask.
on 24 May 2010
This does exactly what it says 'on the tin' - perfect product, easy to use, easy to clean, slim design so it's not taking up half your nappy bag like some other brands I've seen. Simple idea but it works a treat. Certainly no need for an expensive digital bottle warmer, they're so unreliable, whereas this does the job at a fraction of the cost. You can use it by pouring hot water in the beaker part and popping your bottle in it to warm, or put the boiled water in the flask, powder in a container or the empty bottle then just add the water to it while you're out and about - easy, and the water stays at the right temperature for hours so its brilliant for days out. A definate mum must have item!
on 17 April 2010
We like Fisher Price products generally. They are of a high quality. However, we found the pouring mechanism in the flask's lid has a spring in it which became rusty after a month or two. A bit worrying considering the water in the flask may be used for making up formula milk. Did not expect this of a Fisher Price product. Maybe they should replace the springs with something non-metallic.
on 16 February 2010
This is a fantastic product. I wish I had known about it earlier - I was given one in an M&S cafe to warm his bottle. We're out and about all the time and which is much easier now, I can be anywhere and know I can have his bottle ready in a couple of minutes. Not all brands of bottle will fit in to it (I use AVENT) but this is clear in the product spec. Highly recommended.
on 26 April 2008
this is better than any electric bottle warmer, simple but effective, wouldnt leave the house without it.