Colour: White|Change
Price:£11.33+ Free shipping

on 23 October 2009
Ok, so they may not be the most attractive accessory but they really are effective. I seem to have inherited super-sensitive onion eyes but even when you can smell how strong an onion is, it doesn't hit your tearducts.

And let's be fair, even looking a bit like Dame Edna is better than streaming eyes/snotty nose/red blotchy face. They also apparently seem to make my boyfriend giggle uncontrollably when I wear them...
on 11 January 2010
Bought two pairs, one pink, one white and green for wife and daughter, both badly affected by onions. Initial fight over who had which colour, Mother won. Not only do they look startling, they work 100% for each - the only thing that ever has. Can't wait to try them with fresh horseradish. I have been forgiven for buying silly useless gadgets. Theses are seriously silly in appearance but work seriously well.
on 12 February 2010
Bought these for my wife at Christmas. She runs a chutney-making business, which necessitates peeling loads of onions. She thinks these goggles are brilliant. Her life in the kitchen is sooo much more pleasant now.
on 19 August 2011
The onion goggles are one of those slightly wierd "why didn't I think of it" ideas, that you probably have dismissed anyway if you had thought of it. They are basically a pair of plastic glasses with a deep soft foam rubber seal around the inside edge of the lenses. I thought I'd give them a go because my eyes were being irritated not just by chopping lots of onions, but also chopping and cooking large quantities of hot chillies.

The goggles appear sturdy and well made, and are surprisingly light and comfortable to wear. They do not mist up even in a hot busy kitchen, and stay comfortably in place as you move about.

Unfortunately though, they are not going to be the right shape / size for everyone. In practice an elastic strap would probably be better than the spectacle type arms, as these allow the goggles to sit naturally on the bridge of the nose, but leaving a small gap between the cheeks and the lower seal of the goggles. While this might not present a great problem in a domestic setting were one is chopping the odd onion or two, it does leave them compromised as serious eye protection for anyone chopping onions by the sack load.

I may yet modify mine, as the soft seals do work when they are positioned properly, but I can not give a high rating to a product that is quite expensive for what it is and does not do what it says on the tin without modification.
on 31 December 2010
To anyone thinking of onion goggles:-
These things work totally, the slight snag is that you have to put your ordinary glasses on in front of said goggles.
However this was a cause for mirth among my wife kids grandchildren etc. All good fun but if you are as thin skinned as your onions wear them in private.
I prepared4kg. of shallots for pickling without a tear duct twinge, brilliant.
on 27 July 2011
Got these for my wife after a year of her trying to cut onions underwater. She tried all the different rumours and nothing worked. Was sceptical about these but they work perfectly. Wish I had bought them earlier!
on 11 June 2012
I bought these for my mum as she suffers badly from onions stinging her eyes. She used them once only, and I tried them too but they just didn't fit well. The seal that goes around the eyes had gaps, so the googles were ineffective as a result. If the goggles were made with an adjustable middle to help expand/ reduce the width then I think they would work well.
on 20 November 2014
These googles do what they said they would do, they prevent your eyes from watering when you are peeling or slicing raw onions.
If they could only remove the onion smell from your hands they would have been prefect, just joking. Nevertheless they are well worth the investment because they work. The seller was EXCELLENT and I can only write a glowing review of my experience with her. The googles took some time to come as they were coming from the States and Royal Mail charged me an extra eleven pounds in import duties and handling charges. The seller refunded this amount to me when I complained, and did it promptly and with such sweetness
I will definitely shop with her again. I was very pleased with this purchase in the end, even though it had the potential to have gone very badly, it went quite well, thanks to the seller.
on 22 August 2010
I can only tolerate cutting onions when I am wearing my contact lenses, but since I am now wearing ortho-k lenses at night and no longer have lenses in during the day, I really needed a solution, as without lenses onions make my eyes hurt so much I cannot continue cutting them! I first thought about buying swimming goggles, but then found these glasses. I tried them and they are great! Even with the strongest onions I do not cry. I not only wear them for cutting onions, but also when I am frying them, as this would otherwise make my eyes hurt as well. They are comfortable as well and do not leave a mark on your face after wearing them (unlike swimming goggles). However, they are a bit narrow, but fine for me, although they might be too narrow for people with wide faces.
In short, I would really recommend these glasses to anyone who does not like cutting onions because it hurts, as this makes things so much easier!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 February 2013
I received these as a gift - I am a keen cook and only have to look at an onion for my eyes to start watering & itching. I have tried all sorts of things over the years to try to avoid the problem. I suspect that if these fit your face then they will offer an effective solution. Unfortunately for me they gape at the bottom of the lens and are a bit loose at the top too. There doesn't seem to be any way of adjusting them to get a better fit - perhaps something akin to the phlange on swimming goggles would be better. They do make a bit of a difference but for me are not a perfect solution - 2.5 stars but I rounded up as some people will probably find them to be fully effective.