5.0 out of 5 stars Good DECT phone(s) in my opinion.
Published on 26 Jun. 2007 by L. Williams

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good buy
Published on 25 Jan. 2013 by KLJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Good DECT phone(s) in my opinion., 26 Jun. 2007
L. Williams - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips SE6352 Digital Cordless Telephone With Answering Machine (Electronics)
This is the first review I've ever written, but feel I had to, given the only previous one left. We'd seen this phone (SE6351 was the single version) in one of the larger stores when one of our BT Freestyle phones of 6 or 7 years started playing up and quite liked the look and feel of it. When we found it on Amazon for not much more, but with a second hand set, decided to try it, but took a few days to order it after reading the only other review that had been left which reckoned it was no use unless you were in the same room as the base.

I've had these up and running for a couple of days now and the sound quality is perfect. Tried it in the garage, upstairs and in the garden (about 60 feet from the base unit) with no noticeable loss in quality. The base is tiny by comparison to our older Freestyle (the working one of which is now connected to give us 3 handsets) and moving the phone book from my mobile's sim card to both handsets was a breeze. More importantly my wife likes them too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice pair :o), 19 Jun. 2008
tallpete33 (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I've had these phones for over a year now (cost me about sixty pounds then) so can certainly vouch for their quality and reliability. The main reason I bought these was the SIM card reader (in the main base-station) so I could easily transfer my mobile phone book to the handsets. This is a nice and easy task :o)

Sound quality is good and the answering machine is easy to use. The base station indicates how many messages you have and the handsets flash too so you're less likely to miss calls than relying on 1471. You can manage your messages from the handsets or base station. Caller ID is a useful feature also.

The range reaches down my garden ok but then again I don't live in Buckingham Palace! The display is nice and bright and although the menu system is a bit clunky (like a 5 year old Nokia), it is easy enough to navigate. The batteries last a few days on one charge and the polyphonic ringtones are clear and loud.

All in all, a good buy that I'm very pleased with.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good buy, 25 Jan. 2013
I don't usually write reviews but can only say that this is one of the WORST purchases I have ever made! The line is terrible - faint, constant hissing and crackling, and the answer machine is very limited (eg it does not let you listen back through all your messages) and counter intuitive - so that my screen currently says 20 messages - but will not play any of them??. Terrible terrible phone - and deeply regreted as a purchase. I should really send it back but then have the inconvenience of having no phone and finding another with answer machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 10 May 2008
These are good looking phones! Were easy to install. The screens were smaller than I expected - the online images are a little deceiving. BUT the screens are clear & sharp with an easy to understand menu system. The handsets are plastic but feel solid, even though they are light. Audio quality is good on both handsets. Lastly, the answerphone is a nice add-on feature.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great features, very poor range., 2 Jun. 2007
Jon (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is a very stylish phone with fantastic features but sadly does not work if you step out of the room that has the base station in it. Pointless being cordless if this is the best it can do.