1,866 Reviews
 (1,378)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bio oil
I bought this to help with scarring on my leg. It has really helped, and I've only been using it 3 weeks. Also been using it on my face at night to help with my wrinkles. However that would require a miracle
Published 4 months ago by Jules

3.0 out of 5 stars A reasonably good product!
I contracted chicken pox at the age of 41 which left me badly scarred. My whole body was covered in purple splodges and I had a lot of unsightly scarring on my face. I was devastated and it dented my confidence considerably. I sought medical help and whilst receiving treatment for my skin, I thought I would try Bio-Oil as an overall body/facial treatment.
I'd been...
Published on 24 July 2009 by Queen Bee

5.0 out of 5 stars Bio oil, 27 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 30 April 2009
Bio Oil was recommended to me by a relative who had several major surgeries in a short period and was using it to minimize scarring. She was so pleased with it and found it worked really well in this area. She had also been putting it on her face and had discovered it had an effect on her skin tone. I was sceptical but as I am unwilling to buy expensive creams etc. I thought I would listen to her and give it a go.

I am 60 and menopausal and as a result my skin is beginning to thin and to line a little. The colour is also becoming rather uneven and the combination of all these was making me look ( and feel) my age. It took a few weeks of consistant use, but I have found that my skin is so much softer to the touch. The colour has evened out considerably and the lines are definitely much less obvious. I know it has worked because I cannot tell you how many compliments I am receiving on an almost dailly basis from people looking at me quizzically and then asking me what I have been doing, as I appear to be getting younger. I was approached by a perfect stranger the other day in the supermarket, who asked me what type of make up I was wearing as I had a lovely glow - I wasn't wearing any and was able to direct her to the Bio Oil shelf!

Don't give up if you don't see a difference after only a couple of weeks; the smalll amount of effort it takes to apply it a couple of times a day (e.g. before your morning routine and after cleansing in the evening) for a couple of months will pay dividends you will be delighted with. When it becomes an automatic part of your dailly routine, you can sit back and enjoy the compliments.

I bought mine originally from the high street and then a much larger size(125ml)bottle from Amazon, as it was a lot cheaper than retail. It is about 8.00 from the shops for the smallest size, but even at that it lasts for absolutely ages, as only a tiny amount is needed each time.

Do yourself a favour and buy this product. It makes no ridiculous claims of making you 10 years younger in 5 minutes, or removing all the signs of ageing in one fell swoop, but it does actually do what it says on the packaging - and more. I am delighted by the results and will continue to use it dailly.

4.0 out of 5 stars helps w/ stretch marks, 18 Jun 2013
I've been applying this oil to my belly which are full of stretch marks thanks to my last pregnancy. I've only been using it for two weeks but my hubby noticed last night that the marks were less visible and so did I! I think the color tone is what is changing and helping most. Not sure if this is the best for using on the face for wrinkles and fine lines though.

I've used retinol cream for this in the past Retinol Cream (Vitamin A) - 2 oz. + FREE St. Ives Renewing Collagen Elastin Advanced Body Moisturizer Gift Set and I began seeing a difference in days. I used the oil for over a week but stopped because it was causing some breakouts along my chin line. Not a big deal, still like the product and would recommendation for anyone with stretch marks to use right away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 7 Jan 2014
As you can see from the many positive reviews this is a good product and I can only back that up. Having looked at some of the reviews here I won't waste your time repeating the same information so just giving it a thumbs up

5.0 out of 5 stars BIO OIL, 3 Feb 2013
Have used Bio Oil for years now,and it does what it says. gets rid of scaring very good for acne scars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 13 Jan 2013
I love it!
I use the Bio -oil for moisture my body after shower and look so smoth..Just I love it !!
Plus the small line of wrinckles almost disapeared,and sckin look bright and tonic.
I strong recomand to evryone!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 10 July 2012
i love this stuff, wish i had got it sooner it has made my stretch marks from my first child completely disapear. and a scar that iv had on my leg for 10 years has faded a lot. i am about to order another bottle and i have only been using it for 3 weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 22 May 2013
Mr. David E. Rhodes "laughter" (yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I don't particularly like the smell of this product but have got used to it. It does seem to help the age spots making them fade away. My skin also feels better for using. Good price from the seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!, 27 Sep 2010
I ve been using this for months now I think is amazing !!! my strech marks now are almost invisible even in the day light thanks to bio oil .I continue to use for preventing as well! I'd recomend to anyone to buy from amazon much cheaper than high street shops.

5.0 out of 5 stars works well, 30 Mar 2013
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
My sister introduced me to Bio-Oil when she gave me a bottle at Christmas a couple of years ago.

I always give claims on health and beauty products a healthy dose of scepticism, but I decided to try the peach coloured liquid a try. Well it could hurt to try it.

It is interesting to note that it claims to help improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging and dehydrated skin. Unlike many such skin treatments it does not claim to make the scars or skin damage disappear.

Always check for an allergic reaction by applying a small amount to an area of hidden skin for a couple of days to ensure that you don't have a reaction. After all you don't want to apply it to your face and neck and end up looking like you have the lead role in the local AmDram production of the The Hunchback of Notre Dame or the Elephant Man.

I don't find the smell of the oil to be unpleasant, in fact the smell reminds me of Dove soap, but it is probably a coincidence. It recommends that you apply the oil twice a day for at least 3 months before assessing the effects.

I have found that you only need a small amount of oil as it goes a long way. You apply the oil by using a circular motion of the finger tips.

It is incredibly tempting to look at the small amount (a drop or 2) and think it'll never cover the area, but please don't use more than a spot or two at a time, the massaging will spread it. You can always add another drop of the Bio-oil if you need it, but if you dispense too much you will be left with an oily residue because the skin can only absorb a limited amount of emolument, and the excess is just being pushed about.

I have to wonder if the effect it has is due to the massage and the encouragement of blood flow, rather than the oil itself.

I will say that the oil makes your skin lovely and smooth. The dry skin on my elbows now feels silky and soft rather than dry and rough.

I also have some scars from surgeries, and these are (sorry, were) thick, solid and noticeable - the thick scar on my neck was very noticeable and I was self-conscious because of it. The scar is softer and is starting to move to my normal flesh colour rather than the deep red that it was.

I noticed that the list of ingredients on Amazon doesn't actually include all the ingredients. So for anyone who might have a specific allergy the ingredients are (as listed on the inner leaflet):

* paraffinum liquidum
* trisononanoin
* cetearyl ethylhexanoate
* isopropyl myristate
* retinyl palmitate (vitamin A)
* tocophyeryl acetate (vitamin E)
* anthemis nobilis oil (chamomile oil)
* lavendula augustifolia oil (lavender oil)
* rosmarinus officinalis oil (rosemary oil)
* calendula officinalis extract (calendula oil)
* helianthus annuus seed oil
* glycine soja oil
* limonene
* linalool
* alpha-isomethyl ionone
* CI 26100

For something named "Bio-Oil" I was expecting something a little more natural, but it only claims no preservatives. I'm not a chemist so I cannot be sure of that claim.

My skin is softer and smoother, and there appears to be some improvement in the scar tissue - it does feel softer and less thick. Once again, whether this is due to the oil or to the massage or both I cannot say.

One social benefit of the oil massage is that if you can get your significant other to perform the massage it can be very nice.

If you don't have a problem with the chemical content and want something which works (regardless of whether it's the oil or the massage or both) then I can recommend Bio-Oil for your consideration.

ARRAY(0xa7692504)