on 15 February 2007
overall, this is a good player: easy to use, user-friendly, good sound quality, and the battery lasts ages.

the only problem i have with it is that, no matter what order you transfer music to the player, it plays everything in alphabetical order, which i found a bit irritating. in addition, the random play back feature needs improving, as it plays the tracks in the same 'random' order every time. another thing is that the player doesn't remember the last track played, so that each time you switch it on, the first track displayed is the first one alphabetically out of all the tracks.
on 10 June 2007
i have had this player for just over a year now, it has great battery life, but even on random it still plays in alphabetical order, it can be a pain sometimes.

last week it stopped working. i have never dropped it, but it seems to only want to play half of one song now, after that it switches its self off, starting again does not help.
on 28 January 2008
I recently brought this mp3 player and, for starters it isn't compatable with windows 98 SE as it states, I installed all the drivers and tried everything to try and get it to work - but it dos not get picked up by the computer.
So, I went and used a freinds computer by uploading songs via another memory stick I own. But then matters got worse - within a week it began having problems turning on, it was very unreliable and often didn't turn on at all, and then when it did manage to turn on, it turned off again within a few minutes (I had the auto switch-off( disabled so that wasnt the reason) and then it stopped working all together
As well as this the screen is stupidly flimsy and weak, and within a week of it simply being in my pocket it had crashed

Grave mistake buying this mp3 player, and have already returned and got a refund.
on 12 January 2008
Recommendation: Do Not Buy!
Good Sound Quality but really poor song navigation so as to make it unusable if you actually want to pick the songs to play.

Takes ages at start up to index you songs into "Quasi"-Alphbetical order.
Then only navigates the first 100 or so then returns to start!

Install the supposed fix posted on the Aigo site and it is slightly better but still poor and bug-ridden and the backlighting fails.

A real shame. If Aigo only had put in the effort into the software.
Ironically the earlier A208 has more effective and practical navigation that the A215! A step backwards!
The Aigo A215 is just about the worest MP3 Player around.

It just does not work, please do not waste your money.

Menu's poor, cannot delete anything. Looks poor!
on 29 May 2008
Only a few months old and will not work.
Switches on for 2 seconds then switches itself off again.
PC cant recognize it and no drivers at all on the net.
Aigo's websites links to support etc are all broken links and they don't answer their phone.
Noticeably Argos now sell nothing by Aigo.
Waste of £30
Stick with a known brand.
VINE VOICEon 6 May 2008
I loved this at first, especially for the long battery life, but then found that I couldn't delete from it, only reformat the entire player. Finally I found it was that the wma music I'd dragged across to it was set read-only (to protect it from Windows Media Player which silently corrupts edited ID3 tags otherwise). So now I have to make wma folders read-write before dragging them onto the player then set them back to read-only. The other oddity is that Aigo say it should show up in My Computer with a drive letter but it doesn't on my XP PC - just comes up with "MTP Player" with an "Internal Storage" folder to put music into. It therefore doesn't offer "safely remove" but works fine if you wait a while then unplug it.

It works pretty well once loaded and random play is random now. But I have spent a long time investigating what is essentially a design fault. 3 other music players (incl. an Aigo 208) have been happy to let me delete read-only wma music.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 July 2007
Quite possibly the worst gadget I have ever owned. Only scored 1 star because there wasn't a button for zero.
As everyone has said it plays all the tracks in alphabetical order, it also plays all the tracks in the SAME order each time you use it on random.
The aigo website is not much help either, even their firmware update wont install properly on Win XP sp2 - which is not really a problem as win xp doesn't even see the mp3 player as a device.
On top of all that mine has now decided to die after only 5 months - so it can go back to Argos for a refund. Got this as a birthday present from Mother-In-Law, didn't realise she hated me THAT much!
on 31 August 2006
I found the aigo 2gb player offers fantastic value for money, it offers incredible 50 hours battary life, better than any player I ever had including Sony. I am now able to download secured monthly download from any music web site while before I couldn't do that with my ipod, it only works with itune.

the quality of the player is so solid, I dropped it on the floor last Sunday, and it still works perfect!

I did not expect this amazing quality at all, I am just so glad that I made the right choice.

The only thing about the player is the colour is not my type, I perfer a pink one.

Hope there will be a pink colour available soon, I will get it for my sister for Xmas.

Hope
on 12 March 2007
Don't know why, but this player just doesn't read the tags on my mp3 files.

I'm swearing off these media player type ones. I'm going for the 'drag and drop' ones instead.