5.0 out of 5 stars Go with Caboodle - they're the real thing

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of refilled Epson ink cartridges
Epson Original T0805 Claria Light Cyan Ink Cartridge
Published on 14 Jan 2010 by A. Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Go with Caboodle - they're the real thing, 18 Oct 2010
This review is from: Epson Original T0805 Claria Light Cyan Ink Cartridge (Office Product)
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting sick and tired of ordering Epson ink on Amazon and getting loose, OEM cartridges that don't have the date of manufacture on them or come in the proper Epson packaging with the official hologram. Despite a picture of the said packaging on the Amazon page I ordered from. I know the sellers argue that it's essentially the same product, they buy it in bulk and pass on the savings to you, but I'd at least like that to be explained in the listing so I can make an informed decision as to whether the price saving is worth the risk of out-of-date, refilled, smaller capacity OEM cartridges or pirate goods.

To be fair, each of the sellers have taken back the ink without any questions asked, but who needs the hassle of going down to the post office etc etc etc?

So before I put this order in I emailed Caboodle, the company offering the best price, to check that their items were legit - proper Epson, in the proper packaging. They emailed me back almost instantly to say "As one of Epsons largest UK resellers we don't split packs, sell via Jersey to avoid VAT, replace orders for originals with remanufactured ink cartridges or any of the other various nefarious activities undertaken on-line. We sell genuine Espon in original packaging with long use by dates." Just what I wanted to hear!

I put my order in, the inks arrived a few days later as advertised. I can't say how pleased I am.

So, in summary, if you want the real thing, buy from Caboodle.

(Sorry this is a review of the seller rather than the product. I figured if you're buying genuine Epson ink you know how good it is!)

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of refilled Epson ink cartridges, 14 Jan 2010
A. Scott "amateur photo enthusiast" (Gloucestershire U.K) - See all my reviews
Epson Original T0805 Claria Light Cyan Ink Cartridge
I bought two Epson Claria Light Cyan ink cartridges from IJT (based in Jersey) on the Amazon website. Do not use this supplier. I received the cartridges without any vacuum packaging at all. This rang alarm bells as I immediately suspected that they were refills, not the original Epson cartridges. I took this up with the suppliers and they told me it was to save on postage! At no time did they admit that they were not the genuine article but only refills. It was only when, some time later, that I came to use them that my Epson printer did not recognise them. I have now received the genuine article from Epson by return and it works perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, good price from Amazon..., 1 Nov 2008
...an ink cartridge, made by Epson, and much better value from Amazon.
Seems like printer ink continues to be the most costly liquid known to humankind!(so I've heard). However, these are cheaper from Amazon than many of the copies are elsewhere, so thanks Amazon. Now if we could get Epson to squeeze a decent amount of ink into them, and say it's empty when it's empty, and not have an electronic strop when I dare to mix brands...
...all this of course is in my experience and not necessarily true for the rest of the world, don't want any lawyers knocking on the door, strange that all reputable companies that produce amazing, high quality, great value products need to spend their hard earned cash on legal teams... stop, you've gone too far... well it is 10 to 2 a.m. and I'm bored enough to write a review of an ink cartridge... enough, I'm off to bed, bye.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS ADVERTISED, 14 Oct 2011
The product clearly said 'Epson Original T0802 Claria Cyan Ink Cartridge'. It was not. It was a compatible cartridge. Moreover the return address on the delivery envelope was incorrect.

3.0 out of 5 stars Epson "Rip-Off", 7 Mar 2010
G. W. Long "Gra Long" (UK) - See all my reviews
Thank god for Amazon and their prices. Only two things to say about Epson Cartridges. Quality great, but price are the the biggest rip off of all time. (Similar to Microsoft). Even contacted Epson to tell them so. All they give you are reasons why they can't reduce price, never why the can.
5 Stars for quality. Zero as far as Epson prices are concerned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well satisfied., 20 Dec 2012
M. E. Mason - See all my reviews
Like having six ink cartridges, though the ink seems to go rather quickly sometimes- depends on the way the printer is setup. Performance wise it is hard to beat when printing colour photographs.It really is a superior ink - no color fading observed up to date.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the item specified - again !, 24 Jan 2012
Peter Warne (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Once again (through Amazon marketplace although not the same vendor) I have ordered genuine Epson printer ink (T080x series) which has been advertised as wrapped in the original Epson single cartridge wrapping but when delivered appears to have been extracted from a combi-pack and come in just a transparent wrapper. The problem I have is that I don't know what product I'm getting even though I paid the approved price. Everything else was great, ordering easy and arrived in very good time but please advertise the product as it will arrive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine retail package, 28 Jun 2011
M. E. Brooks (Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
Regarding the T0805, it's an Epson ink cartridge. What more is there to say? Excellent, consistent results but not particularly cheap. However, be wary of sellers supplying cartridges in "sealed packs" or "without the outer packaging to save on postage costs". These usually supply just the cartridge without the Epson box. However, the "use by" date is printed on the outer box, not on the cartridge, so you don't know how much shelf-life is left. Amazon itself and Choice Supplies (who supplied the T0805 I bought this time) supply cartridges in full retail packs with free postage and competitive prices. For any others, check before buying on what exactly they are supplying. Epson have now reduced the size of the retail pack (and it is transparent underneath). Question why a supplier would now want to remove the smaller outer packaging.

3.0 out of 5 stars No retail pack from IJT, 19 Nov 2010
David W (SW London UK) - See all my reviews
Supplied by IJT Memory - Epson Original T0805 Claria Light Cyan Ink. Not in retail pack, as in picture, but supplied with no sealed packaging at all. So no idea of expiry date, obviously from 2x3 oem pack. Took 3 days to be dispatched from Jersey.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inks OK, 16 May 2010
Item arrived promptly, price was good, items are genuine manufacturer's products and operated as to be expected.