4.0 out of 5 stars Any other choices?
Epson make pretty damn sure that you cannot use anything but their own brand ink in their printers. We have tried refills, copies, standing on one leg and so on, but with little luck. However, their own inks if purchased through Amazon, are high quality and not as expensive as buying anywhere else.
Published on 23 Jun. 2010 by E. A. Webster

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but stingy quantity
A good quality ink giving excellent print quality, text and photos.
However each replacement cartridge seems to last less time, which leads me to suspect the manufacturer's are disguising price rises in real terms.
Published on 18 Feb. 2010 by Edgar J. Cresswell

4.0 out of 5 stars Any other choices?, 23 Jun. 2010
E. A. Webster "Audio Book Junky" (Banchory, Scotland) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but stingy quantity, 18 Feb. 2010
Edgar J. Cresswell "gardoo" (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
A good quality ink giving excellent print quality, text and photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Use Epson Ink Cartridges, 18 Sept. 2010
Malcolm Gillett (Cornwall, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson T0711 - Print cartridge - 1 x black (Office Product)
I first of all purchased another brand of Ink Cartridge which it claimed was a compatible and cheaper substitute in place of the Epson T0711 cartridge. However, I was unable to get my Epson Printer to install the substitute, and it was therefore a waste of time and money. But I was able to fit the correct Epson cartridge after purchasing, and it works perfectly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!, 12 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Epson T0711 - Print cartridge - 1 x black (Office Product)
The picture is not what it appears. What you receive is not a genuine Epson ink cartridge but a remanufactured cartridge with no telling how much ink has been put in

2.0 out of 5 stars Epson original black ink cartridge, 16 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Epson T0711 - Print cartridge - 1 x black (Office Product)
Vary disappointed with this 'genuine epson cartrigde' We cleaned our printer head, printed 2 gift vouchers and the black ink has all but run out!!! i won't be purchasing this product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good ink, 5 Oct. 2010
Thomas Pots "T Pots" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Epson T0711 - Print cartridge - 1 x black (Office Product)
I have owned a few Epson products over the years, and recently bought myself a Stylus SX215 for proof-printing (I reviewed it on Amazon). I bought a few of these cartridges to go with it. So far they seem to be working fine.

They seem a bit over-packed to me - they come in a very pretty plastic pack with cut-to-open top that then rips apart. Inside, the cartridge is sealed in an airtight plastic bag. You get a leaflet which advises about installing the cartidge (and helpfully warns against drinking the ink!) in umpteen languages.

I've had no problems with them so far. In my old Lexmark printer, the cartridges would dry up in a matter of days, but these Epsons ones stay working nicely even though I don't use the printer very often.

One last thing - the price for these on Amazon is competitive. I choked at the absurd price Sainsbury's charges for them (I think they were about £20 each). At that rate it's cheaper to buy a new SX215 printer/scanner instead, that comes with FOUR cartridges!

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Epson Cartridge TO711, 14 Aug. 2009
WALDOC (North West UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson T0711 - Print cartridge - 1 x black (Office Product)
Once again Amazon come tops with both speedy delivery and a reasonable price. Being an original cartridge also gives you the best results.

5.0 out of 5 stars What excellent service, 21 April 2010
This review is from: Epson T0711 - Print cartridge - 1 x black (Office Product)
I received the order within a week and the product is as advertised an expected. Excellent work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Epsom ink cartridges, 25 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Epson T0711 - Print cartridge - 1 x black (Office Product)
These cartridges are usually ok, however the last ones I've bought from here have shown to be as good as empty. I thought it was my printer giving a faulty reading but after putting them in another identical printer they also showed up as empty. I wouldn't expect this from genuine Epsom cartridges. I ended up buying another set locally which were fine. So I'm afraid I'm not too impressed. In fairness, I didn't complain to Amazon I just went and bought some more and I'm sure that had I complained, Amazon would have sorted the problem out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ink, shaky management, 1 Aug. 2010
Guy (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson T0711 - Print cartridge - 1 x black (Office Product)
Good clean text and photos. Envelopes and labels don't smudge in the rain.
Trouble is the moronic Epson S21 printer. The monitor shows all cartridges permamently full until the chip decides to think that it's empty. Then it says CARTRIDGE NOT RECOGNIZED. If you follow the so-called "technical support" you'll play merrily at switching off and switching on then you'll have more fun following the instructions for cleaning the contacts, without giving Epson the chance to say that you damaged them. Then they'll let you take out the whole printhead - again wondering how long you'll have the printer offline while you order a new head (and you can't print the order details 'cos the printer's dead). The real challenge is to try to get any answer from Epson that doesn't just send you back to the FAQs. AND ALL YOU EVER HAD TO DO WAS PUT IN A NEW CARTRIDGE.
Remember that when you're printing all black text, if the magenta decides to think that it's empty, it won't let you print black. So you're swindled into having to keep a stockpile of two blacks (because they don't last a week) and one of each colour.
An occasional wee joke is when you put in an original cartridge straight from the sealed Epson package and the monitor warns you that it isn't genuine. Carry on regardless, it's just joking.