Let me first state that the rating I have given this is based on its performance in relation to MacOSX. I shall write a short section in relation to Windows below and give a rating.

The overall look of the keyboard and mouse is quite sleek and elegant. It has a professional, stylish appearance, with some nice features such as a built in cushioned strip below the keyboard and rubber ridge grips on the mouse.

However the plastics used had a little bit of a cheap feel to them and the mouse seemed a little bulky. I am not sure if I simply notice this coming off the Apple keyboard and mouse which use very high quality plastics and components and that most keyboard feel this way. But it felt a little this way to me and when pressing the keys it feels a little cheap too.

When you pay for keyboards with extra buttons, you expect them to work. Unfortunately, no matter what I tried most of the extra buttons such as opening iTunes, mail, search etc did not work. Volume works fine, the little used functions for web-scrolling works as does play and pause when iTunes is already opened but the rest of the audio controls still do not work. These are nice little extras and not essentials I know, but you do spend more money for these things so expect them to work. Also when restarting to try and boot into Window pressing the alt key no longer worked to bring up the selection of OS I wanted to run.

The keys mostly work okay. The mouse feels a little sluggish and slow to respond despite downloading and installing an update and fiddling with settings. It is also disappointing their is no software for the keyboard in relation to the mac. It would benefit from being able to update as well as could do with a nice function to assign keys to activate things so I could fix the problems with the extra keys.

Overall is functions but does not excel. It lacks some of the functions it promise and can be a little sluggish.

In regards to use with Windows XP
Rating ****

For windows once installed using the CD is worked well. All the function keys worked. The mouse and keyboard responded well and it could be made to meet your demands.

For those buying this for windows only I recommend it as a good buy.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 3 January 2008
This is without doubt the worst keyboard and mouse set I have ever owned and I have been using PC's since 1989 ! The main problem is that it keeps 'missing' things like mouse movements and keystrokes and it makes no difference if you place the receiver really close to the mouse and keyboard. 1 star is the lowest Amazon would let me assign to this, otherwise I would have given it 0 stars, it doesn't deserve 1 star.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again