on 11 September 2012
I bought this item for purely shallow and aesthetic reasons, I use my microphone in a typically consumer environment for mostly VOIP and other, voiceover hobby work therefore the shock mount part of it was mostly a bonus.
I would say the stand has four benefits, it works very well as a shock mount (however a little stiff), it looks absolutely fantastic and has turned more than a few heads, it gives it more height (adjustable when used in tandem with the original blue snowball mount) which is very useful on a desk of standard height. It also gives a few more adjustable benefits, being able to swivel side-to-side very smoothly with little force (and no noise being picked up by the microphone) aswell as tilting forwards and backwards.

A great product in all ways and well worth the price, especially if you enjoy the look, I would recommend tightening the screws before use though!
review image
on 20 April 2013
I have been looking at many different shock mounts lately, looking for the best one for my Blue Yeti microphone. I can not find many places that sell the shock mount made for the Yeti, and the ones i have cost more than double the price of this one! The nice, silver colours of this shock mount go amazing with the Blue Yeti microphone that it holds and it also fits the colour of my MacBook Pro. It is very sturdy and well made, as most of Blue's products are in my opinion, and looks fantastic and has no trouble holding the large, bulky Yeti. Although this is made for the Snowball, as I have made quite clear is does support the Yeti without any problems. I am very happy with this product. The delivery was spectacular too, it came in the morning of the very next day.
review image review image review image review image
on 2 July 2012
I bought this microphone with the snowball and it arrived two days before due. I also put together the shockmount and mic with the rode PSA1 and it is the perfect combination
on 9 September 2013
There is little to no information around on the Blue Microphones products and I was incorrectly advised by other sources that the blue Ringer mount could be used (in a different way) to hold the Blue Yeti, I took that chance as the Radius (designed for the yeti) was unavailable to me through simple means, unfortunately the only way to use a ringer with a Yeti is to install a bolt from a hardware store through the mount and into Yeti's mounting holes for it's stand. I decided not to try it and return the item instead, I wanted to place this for a warning for anyone else who may be considering the same thing.

As for the product itself, It's very solid and strong but does appear to be exceptionally heavy compared to other shock mounts, you may need to ensure you have a strong enough mounting arm to hold it upwards!

Regardless, excellent product.. if I had a snowball I would definitely use it!
on 7 February 2013
Although on the expensive side this shock mount is extremely sturdy and well made, whilst still looking really good. Even with the mic stand on the desk there are no shock booms
on 18 April 2016
looks great and holds the Blue snowball mic really securely, the screw mount to your mic stand is really nice and tight and wont move or work its self loose.

but its really heavy and will need a decent stand to hold it, the desk tripod that comes with the mic will not hold this well at all.

i am not entirely convinced that the sound is any better with the mic mounted in this than it was on its tripod on the desk.

looks good but no real noticeable improvement in voice recording.
on 25 September 2014
A great and solid shock mount for the Blue Snowball. Didn't have the problems others have faced with the attachment not holding the weight of the mic.

Definitely very effective at what its there for!
on 23 April 2016
The item was fine as described (but my mistake I did not pay attention it didn't fit my microphone....) Good service
on 7 January 2015
Really good keeps mic steady and looks great...... was really unsure about buying this item but am so glad I did.
on 21 February 2016
not only improves the sound quality of recordings, but also makes your mic look even cooler!