5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Strap!
I bought this for my Canon G10 Powershot, finding the shoulder strap rather unwieldy. This wrist strap is comfortable, secure and fits into the case for the camera a great deal easier than the shoulder strap. I quite often hold the camera with the strap attached to my wrist for hours on a walk so as not to miss the perfect shot! Highly recommended.
Published on 21 Aug 2009 by C. Hawkes

2.0 out of 5 stars Not over-impressed
Published 18 months ago by Nick James

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Strap!, 21 Aug 2009
C. Hawkes "Livefats" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: OP/TECH Cam Strap QD for Compact Cameras and Binoculars - Black (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera Wrist Strap, 21 Dec 2010
M. L. Norton "Mark Norton" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a really good wrist strap - just like other Optech products - which allows you to hold a camera securely and release it quickly if you need to. I'm using it with a Nikon P7000 and it's ideal, rather better IMHO than Nikon's shoulder strap which comes with the camera. There's a sliding piece on the strap which allows you to tighten is around your wrist to prevent it slipping off while making it easy to remove and put on when you need to. I don't think it's strong enough for a DSLR but it's absolutely fine for a compact camera. It's also long enough to allow you to use the camera while it is attached to your wrist, I've found others are too short but this will depend on the size of your hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Strap, 9 Oct 2011
I'm using this as an alternative to the shoulder strap which came with my Nikon P7100 and find it excellent. It's easy to detach the wrist portion for storage in the front of my Lowepro case which I bought for the camera. It's well made, comfortable, secure and easy to use the camera with it still attached to your wrist. Although I thought the price on the high side, it's worth it if, even once, it stops me losing an expensive camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, solid, 5 Dec 2010
J. Shaw "Jimy" (London) - See all my reviews
Bought this to carry round the canon instead of the cumbersome neck strap. Been on many overseas trips, been carried round for 8 hours at a time. It keeps out the way and gives you the security.

It's comfortable, seems pretty sturdy. It carries a canon 450D with 17-40mm L lens just fine. Bit of a weight on the arm, but hey that's the price of going to something like this instead of the neck strap... build some muscle. ;-)

Haven't seen any wear yet after a couple of years usage. Does what it says and should fit most hands just fine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not over-impressed, 15 Feb 2013
I'm not sure why the designers decided to use a wide strip of neoprene for this strap. It gives good comfort, but doesn't feel overly secure, due to its stretchiness, which means the camera tends to bounce up & down when dangled on the wrist. Also, after a month's use, the neoprene covering is already starting to fray. I will probably buy an alternative strap as soon as I see something better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, if a little expensive, 20 Aug 2011
Having moved up from a compact digital to a bridge I hadn't been used to a neck-strap and after a couple of weeks realised I wasn't going to. I tried a hand/wrist strap designed for a DSLR but these are too big for the Panasonic FZ45 and the compact straps look too flimsy. This works really well - it's comfortable and feels secure and is not as bulky as the picture suggests. My only criticism would be the 20 pricetag but they are cheaper now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea and exactly what I wanted, but neoprene strap looks tatty after short period of time, 31 Aug 2013
Purchased this as when moving to a mirrorless camera I wanted to take advantage of the smaller, lighter camera and not have it round my neck.

It is lightweight and comfortable, with the neoprene being soft so it isn't uncomfortable if it stretches, pulls or twists in your hand.

Also the strap is detachable which is handy if you don't want it dangling around.

I was initially concerned about the strength, but have tested it and it copes well with my panasonic gx1 and 14-140mm lens at approx 800g - I have 'dropped' it (in a safe environment!) with the strap attached and - while being a bit bouncy - I don't think that it will break.

However the neoprene has its drawbacks;
- after just one week of heavy use the neoprene is fraying and looking tatty; I don't doubt it's strength or durability but it doesn't look as smart as it did
- in the warm weather, the strap makes your wrist a bit sweaty and uncomfortable because the neoprene is fairly warm and waterproof

Overall pleased with it, it does its job, but it isn't perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, very comfortable., 3 July 2013
Trev-R (Boston UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I bought this along with the Op/Tech 6903021 Mini Loop Strap with Quick Disconnect - Navy to use with my Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V Super-Advanced High Zoom Camera (18.2MP, 20x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD and am very pleased with it. It feels much more comfortable than the original Sony strap. My camera is very heavy for a compact and the extra width and padding of this strap really make a difference in prolonged use. The fact that it has a band to adjust around your wrist also makes it feel more secure and less likely to slip off. Unfortunately the neck strap I bought to go with this isn't as good.

The only small niggle is that it can be a bit fiddly to get the loop through the mounting point on the camera and you may need a small flat head type screwdriver or tweezers to pull it through.

3.0 out of 5 stars Size Matters, 7 Nov 2013
P. Farthing (North of England) - See all my reviews
Amazon listed this item with others and it appeared the best buy, but it was not. I have other OP/TECH straps and wanted on to match, the QD version turned out to be much smaller and did not therefore match, so beware of the different sizes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Camera Strap, 23 May 2013
This is a digital camera strap and it is not suitable for use with binoculars.The sales specification is for dual purpose and this is not the case.