on 2 August 2013
If you like adaptations of the classic novels then this DVD set is great, the films are brilliant. It is a great price for what you get. I would recommend it.
on 19 March 2014
There are very few adaptations available of the "Tenant" and this is an excellent version. The only criticism I would make is that if you are studying the Brontes do not take it quite literally, the producers have seen fit to change the conclusion of the book. Otherwise a very good watch.
on 8 December 2009
I'd already seen the three films years ago, but I really enjoyed seeing them again. They are very good adaptations: the scripts are faithful to the original plots, the actors are great, well chosen settings and costumes.
on 8 July 2010
I've seen other versions, but these are splendid. I'm a big fan of the Bronte sisters. I recommend these. I have also read the books, they're definitely worth buying.
on 14 July 2013
I was only looking for Jane Eyre to replace a very worn out VHS tape but felt this was a good deal as a set, it is worth it just for my favourite version of Jane Eyre with passionate acting skills. I had seen Tenant of Wildfell Hall before and enjoyed rewatching it. Had never seen this version of Wuthering Heights before and although a slow start I did get into it - mostly the last part -but remember it is from 1978 so filming quality different. All very inspiring to reread the novels.
on 7 May 2011
A good range of Bronte material.I particularly liked Tenant of Wildfell Hall.I wanted to use Jane Eyre with a group of year 8 girls,the less able found it a bit too long.Tenant of Wildfell Hall I decided was too racy for them.
on 28 May 2012
Luckily, we viewed these with Wuthering Heights last, because if that had been first, we would probably given up on the other two. The whole production seemed amateurish, with the acting almost of church drama club standard. Jane Ayre and The Tenant of Wildfell Hall made the collection worth buying. We gave up half-way through Wuthering Heights second part.
on 30 May 2013
I enjoyed the adaptation of Jane Eyre and The Tenant of Wildfell Hall as I felt they were true to the book and the acting performances were first rate. I do not rate this version of Wuthering Heights. The acting performances, in my view, were "over the top", too dramatic, too much shouting/wailing, very "stagey" settings.
on 29 April 2009
I'm wary of TV adaptions of classic novels, having been disappoionted by so many. This was better than most, but why o why, must adaptors of novels change the story? Anne Bronte's novel is dramatic and gritty enough in itself without needing any improvements from adaptors. This version sticks pretty close to the original for the first part, but completely changes and greatly abbreviates the last part, for no reason that was apparent to me. For that reason I can award it only 3 stars
on 7 May 2014
Three of the four stars I've give are for the ever-superb Jane Eyre with Zelah Clarke and Timothy Dalton. On it's own, it's a 5 star adaptation. Tennant of Windfell Hall and Wuthering Heights are both very good adaptations and very well acted. The story of Tennant of Windfell Hall is less than gripping, though still well done. Wuthering Heights is a dark and passionate presentation of this classic that left me hating the characters as much as when I was subjected to the book in high school.