5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST for any stand up fan
After seeeing Lee Mack do stand up on the Jack Dee Live at the Apollo TV show, I kept an eye out for his tour dates, and managed to persuade 12 friends to come along as well.

Published on 16 Aug. 2006 by J. Bannister

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish
The sound quality of this dvd was terrible, it sounded as if it had been recorded under water. Very disappointed.
Published 18 months ago by petrol

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST for any stand up fan, 16 Aug. 2006
J. Bannister (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lee Mack - Live [DVD] (DVD)

By the end of the show, most of us had a stitch through laughing so much...and this DVD is that very tour. Ed Byrne, Peter Kay and Dave Spikey are all excellent stand up comedians, but Lee Mack puts them all in the shade with his excellent observations and quick one liners. This will be the DVD that most people will look for in their Christmas stocking this year. An essential DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Very Funny DVD, 2 Aug. 2008
Footy Fan 60 (Somerset ( England )) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lee Mack - Live [DVD] (DVD)
I had only seen Lee Mack on TV prior to buying this video and was a bit worried that the comedy might be as corny as his TV stuff such as Not Going Out ( funny but predictable ). As a stand up he is absolutely brilliant and my whole family love this DVD. He is really quick on stage and his audience interaction is fantastic. Even if you don't like Lee Mack on TV I would recommend that you give this DVD a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Performance!, 20 Jan. 2008
Mark Philpott "marco772" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Lee Mack - Live [DVD] (DVD)
This is hands-down the funniest stand up show I've ever watched. There are more big laughs in the first 20 mins than most manage over 2 hours. Lee is an amazing comedian, his timing, delivery and ability to deal with hecklers are all impeccable and hysterically funny.
Also worth watching are the generous helping of extras including an eye opening video diary of life on the road which has a few big laughs in its own right!
Possibly the slickest, funniest 68 minutes money can buy. My only concern is that he may have ruined other comedians for me now!

5.0 out of 5 stars what a funny man, 23 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Lee Mack - Live [DVD] (DVD)
This has got to be one of the funniest stand ups I have ever had the fortune of seeing.Lee is hilarious I know this is his old dvd but I still thought it was full of fun and actual belly laughs, you do not get that in many stand up shows.Ok he does swear but I do not find that offensive if you do then stand up like this is not for you.Although if you find that the context of swearing is acceptable you will be able to sit back and have a thoroughly good time with tears in your eyes.I can not recommend this highly enough to people who enjoy observational comedy and one liners from what I can describe and a truly funny man.

5.0 out of 5 stars far better than i thought ...., 6 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Lee Mack - Live [DVD] (DVD)
i got this dvd for christmas , and was not sure i would like it , as i saw lees performance on live at the apollo and it did not impress me too much mainly due to his very very fast delivery which never allowed me to appreciate the lines before he was on another subject , but it turned out to be one of my most favourite presents .if you like stand up and dont mind very fast delivery , then you will like it , i was impressed and would recommend it to anyone who appreciates good stand up , how he remembers all this for his shows is beyond me and i guess there is a lot there which was ad - libbed for that night and quite impromptu which impressed me as well , he is extremely quick witted which for me is a must for any great british comedian . also on the dvd are some other sketches which lee was in from the t.v. show which he was on , unfortunately i cannot remember the name now but i thought they were very funny as well especially the irish jockey and sign language sketch ,all in all i would definately recommend this dvd , especially if you need a good laugh , well worth the money .

5.0 out of 5 stars You have no idea how funny this is......, 12 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Lee Mack - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Starting a DVD review with an 'in joke' from the DVD - Risky to say the least!

I've not seen Lee Mack live before but a friend recommend him to me as I enjoy stand up comedy. How glad I am!

A proper funny stand-up who doesn't rely on shouting or swearing for laughs. Rarely do I manage to convince SWMBO (She Who Must Bo Obeyed) to sit down with me to watch Stand-up DVD's and even rarer was that she remained watching it!

I laughed all the way through this DVD and the jokes aren't ones I've heard elsewhere (a crime committed by a number of standups who are either too lazy or lacking in talent to write jokes).

He does some good audience participation (not always their choice!) and it is quite energetic performance on Lee's part. At the end of it you'll be jumping on-line to find out when he is next touring in your area!

Pick this DVD up and add it to your collection of great stand-up performances.

A perfect DVD for someone who likes good comics, great jokes and a proper laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars About time!, 5 Sept. 2006
Schnuggles (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lee Mack - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Like J. Bannister I saw Lee Mack on Jack Dee and haven't laughed so much in years. I then kept a close eye out for tour dates and watched him in Kendal. My wide had not seen him before and was cautious.

Lee was absolutely brilliant. We had a great evening and have been waiting since January for this DVD. Can't wait to get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 20 Nov. 2013
Mr. K. Burke (hull, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lee Mack - Live [DVD] (DVD)
i cant really put into words how funny this dvd is or out of this and lee mack; going out, i cannot decide which is funnier! buy them both, i guarantee, you wont regret itLee Mack: Going Out Live

4.0 out of 5 stars Lee Mack, 11 Sept. 2008
M. Ward (Newark, Nottinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lee Mack - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Lets be honest, nobody buys DVD's on a whim, you must have heard of him to even be bothered enough to come and look at this DVD.

As someone mentioned it's the same stuff that he showed on Live At The Apollo on BBC 1. But then every comedian who does that show doesn't write new material for it, uses old stuff. So it's hard to call it rubbish based on that.

To be honest the extra video footage of him travelling the country with his mate and warm up act, is pretty fantastic. If you loved Sketch Show or like Tim Vine, you'll love Lee Mack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mack-nificent, 7 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Lee Mack - Live [DVD] (DVD)
This is a real laugh out loud hour and a half of your life, the material is fresh and really varied and he manages to really involve the audience as well as firing jokes constructs clever gags and circular humour in with it. If you're unsure that it's your type of comedy I can only say give it a go there will be something in there that will reduce you tears, snot and a stitch from laughing! Worth it for the parody of Australian TV ads alone but think Dave Gorman meets Lee Evans, clever, quick and loves a bit of colourful language.

Lee Mack - Live [DVD]
Lee Mack - Live [DVD] by Lee Mack (DVD - 2007)